What's new

Bangladesh 'far ahead' of India : Sen

This is no surprise.

India has the disadvantage if being composed of many states that have their own systems and also the Hindu caste system that gives little respect and dignity to the lower castes.

BD will just get further and further ahead of India into the future(up to 2020) before India starts eventually to catch up(2020 onwards).

Buddy the so called caste system you think you know is alien to Hinduism and imposed by men not religion.

BTW living in UK I hope you aware that France and UK also has such systems?

For a nation born in 1970s BD has done well, though a lot of work is to be done.

actually, i also appreciate that they have made tremendous progress, but, agree with me or not, but if all Bangladeshis are *** dumb as the ones here on PDF, i don't think their growth will last long.

To be more precise, all the development that is happening their is because of cheap labor, and that's the major part.there is nothing more extraordinary to it, but, as the living standards start increasing, availability of cheap labor will dry out and BD will have to move to talented or trained work force, and BD is leagues behind in terms of talent or trained work force in entire sub- continent.

However , what the Bangladeshis here fail to notice is that their much trumpeted growth is mostly due to they being ignored for too long, that is, cheap labor. What more important is maintaining and sustaining an economic growth for more than a decade, preferably for around 2 decades or more to emerge as a strong ,self reliant nation, and this where the problem is, Bangladesh has not taken any action, with which it can maintain or sustain the economic growth for that long, it needs resources, not just natural, but all kind of, like good educational institutions, transport, power, medical, communication etc, and this needs hell lot of investment. Going by their current performance, i don't think that their economic growth will last more than a decade, just like Pakistan, there was a time Pakistan's economy grew at a rapid phase and then fizzled out to nothing, and BD is woefully lack resources to sustain a economic growth for more 2 decades, and on top of that, increasing population.

And, the present Bangladeshi govt has not taken considerable measures to endure a economic growth for that long,they will have to build highways, railways, power plants, colleges,schools, communication links, waste management systems, expand cities, health care facilities at a much rapid rate, but when you look at the stats that is their in the media, they are not doing it at the rate that is necessary, in some sectors, they are not even up to the mark and cannot even meet present demands, and hardly any steps are being taken in this direction, lets see where they will go,there present economic growth is not a planned one nor due to the policies that they are implementing, it is mainly because of the cheap labor that foreign companies are making investments there, and not because of any highly skilled labor,while in china, their economic growth is planned and is shaped by the policies of their govt, and they have made extraordinary policies , which i believe India can learn form china, the present slowdown in china's growth is also a planned move by their govt to slowdown the economic overheating, this is what the economic analysts have said.

presently, as it is, there economic growth will not last long more than a decade,forget India, i don't think they will be able to surpass Pakistan, Pakistan is going through a bad phase right now, but they have far more potential and resources than Bangladesh can ever have. anyway. i'll rest my case here.

Not only Bangladesh has more girls than boys in school, but also we achieved 100% enrollment in primary schools... Means we do not kill fetus for being Girl unlike a civilized country which is exploring MarS

BD rocks in education and has put us to shame .

BDs are going mad.....that means BD will not come to India for loans anymore...

Rondustanis

Dude the thread is about Bangladesh & not Pakistan

I know that..but I did not bring Pakistan in it..another poster did, when he said "Pakistan, Bangladesh, Srilanka will reduce its poverty to single digits before India" ..given the current trends, is not something Pakistanis should be bragging about.

I have nothing to critic Bangladesh or Sri Lankans , because like India they too are moving in the right direction and have earned some bragging rights.

Many thanks, Prof Sen. But don't please compare us with the Super Poor Rape-ublic. Our goal is to reach the levels of Malaysia and Turkey.

yes, only Bug Land Des can set some dream goals who even disown its own people illegally living in India!

yes, only Bug Land Des can set some dream goals who even disown its own people illegally living in India!

leave them alone, don't get irritated by their cheap remarks. it reflects their own cheapness.

leave them alone, don't get irritated by their cheap remarks. it reflects their own cheapness.

I usually dont read or reply to things related to BD...as I feel its so cheap..but seems dis nuts are getting more and more anti India when it comes to social media...let them meet the standards of the US, I dont care...I only want dis namak hxramx take their dxrty ppl back from our country!!

Many thanks, Prof Sen. But don't please compare us with the Super Poor Rape-ublic. Our goal is to reach the levels of Malaysia and Turkey.

Not only is your per Capita income much lower than India's, but the Rape reported rates in Bangladesh is 8.2 per 100,000 as per official figures is much higher than India's 1.7 as well. We protest rape despite having 6 times less rapes than you Bangladeshis because we are striving for an even better society, something that you guys can only dream of achieving. So stop with the meaningless trolling and try contributing in a meaningful way.

Rape statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So have a look at facts before aimlessly running your mouth on who to call "Poor" and a "Rape-ublic".

actually, i also appreciate that they have made tremendous progress, but, agree with me or not, but if all Bangladeshis are *** dumb as the ones here on PDF, i don't think their growth will last long.

To be more precise, all the development that is happening their is because of cheap labor, and that's the major part.there is nothing more extraordinary to it, but, as the living standards start increasing, availability of cheap labor will dry out and BD will have to move to talented or trained work force, and BD is leagues behind in terms of talent or trained work force in entire sub- continent.

However , what the Bangladeshis here fail to notice is that their much trumpeted growth is mostly due to they being ignored for too long, that is, cheap labor. What more important is maintaining and sustaining an economic growth for more than a decade, preferably for around 2 decades or more to emerge as a strong ,self reliant nation, and this where the problem is, Bangladesh has not taken any action, with which it can maintain or sustain the economic growth for that long, it needs resources, not just natural, but all kind of, like good educational institutions, transport, power, medical, communication etc, and this needs hell lot of investment. Going by their current performance, i don't think that their economic growth will last more than a decade, just like Pakistan, there was a time Pakistan's economy grew at a rapid phase and then fizzled out to nothing, and BD is woefully lack resources to sustain a economic growth for more 2 decades, and on top of that, increasing population.

And, the present Bangladeshi govt has not taken considerable measures to endure a economic growth for that long,they will have to build highways, railways, power plants, colleges,schools, communication links, waste management systems, expand cities, health care facilities at a much rapid rate, but when you look at the stats that is their in the media, they are not doing it at the rate that is necessary, in some sectors, they are not even up to the mark and cannot even meet present demands, and hardly any steps are being taken in this direction, lets see where they will go,there present economic growth is not a planned one nor due to the policies that they are implementing, it is mainly because of the cheap labor that foreign companies are making investments there, and not because of any highly skilled labor,while in china, their economic growth is planned and is shaped by the policies of their govt, and they have made extraordinary policies , which i believe India can learn form china, the present slowdown in china's growth is also a planned move by their govt to slowdown the economic overheating, this is what the economic analysts have said.

presently, as it is, there economic growth will not last long more than a decade,forget India, i don't think they will be able to surpass Pakistan, Pakistan is going through a bad phase right now, but they have far more potential and resources than Bangladesh can ever have. anyway. i'll rest my case here.

There is enough going on to ensure that BD reaches "middle-income" status. It will need a much more better run country to get to higher income status. 20 years of 6-7% per annum economic growth is assured.

Garments will provide the growth for the rest of the decade. Other sectors like shipbuilding, pharmaceuticals and IT should also play important roles by the end of this decade. Huge coal and nuclear power plants will be ready towards the latter part of this decade(it should have been around 2015 but than is BD for you) which will provide the power required to sustain growth into the 2020s.

BD also has a company called Walton that manufactures Refrigerators, Mobile Phones, Televisions, DVD Players, Microwave Ovens, Washing Machine. It is not just about garments.

No disrespect to Pakistan but BD has always been better run than Pakistan.

Not only is your per Capita income much lower than India's, but the Rape reported rates in Bangladesh is 8.2 per 100,000 as per official figures is much higher than India's 1.7 as well. We protest rape despite having 6 times less rapes than you Bangladeshis because we are striving for an even better society, something that you guys can only dream of achieving. So stop with the meaningless trolling and try contributing in a meaningful way.

Rape statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So have a look at facts before aimlessly running your mouth on who to call "Poor" and a "Rape-ublic".

Ya wiki and some random number for a year.. India is the one of the top 5 worst places for women on face of the earth... Forget rape, women life is not even safe there as you start killing them in the mothers womb.

Ya wiki and some random number for a year.. India is the one of the top 5 worst places for women on face of the earth... Forget rape, women life is not even safe there as you start killing them in the mothers womb.

Look at the UN sources cited in the Wiki page.

Yeah, and Wikipedia is unreliable, but some random posts made by you is reliable? Maybe logic isnt for everyone...

Back
Top Bottom