What's new

Bangladesh Economy: News & Updates

Largest building in BD is 117m or 37 floors and the next one your are thinking of making a 142 stories?Why?You carry on gradually.
BD not even the top 10 of south asia,even SL is in the list
Islamabad Grand Hyatt will be completed by this year end which will also be in this top 10 list
atm BD highest is at 136 number
upload_2016-9-4_11-0-49.png

Largest building in BD is 117m or 37 floors and the next one your are thinking of making a 142 stories?Why?You carry on gradually.
BD not even the top 10 of south asia,even SL is in the list
Islamabad Grand Hyatt will be completed by this year end which will also be in this top 10 list
atm BD highest is at 136 number
View attachment 331277

The current location of Dhaka is not suitable for tall builidings because of soft and newer soil.
The new city which the tower is planned will house mostly taller towers which will be of the ranges of 80/90 storied. Its not a single 142 storied single tower. Its a complete new city.

I knew it because government is not approving any smaller building there.

The current location of Dhaka is not suitable for tall builidings because of soft and newer soil.
The new city which the tower is planned will house mostly taller towers which will be of the ranges of 80/90 storied. Its not a single 142 storied single tower. Its a complete new city.

I knew it because government is not approving any smaller building there.
But i guess 142 is becoming more of necessity in BD than a show of like in India and Pak because of high population density of about 3000/mile^2.
The structure should be simple like that of empire state.
A simple 140 storied building will cost less than a pimped out 60 stories.

Should make a pipeline. BD can also use it....and hook it up to all the ports in the region.

India to carry petroleum products via Bangladesh
>> IANS/bdnews24.com

Published: 2016-09-04 13:11:55.0 BdST Updated: 2016-09-04 13:13:02.0 BdST

• India+transport.jpg

File photo
The Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) will transport petroleum products from the north-eastern state of Assam to Tripura through Bangladesh from Sep 7, an official said in Agartala on Sunday.

Related Stories

The official said the arrangement was due to the difficulties faced in carrying petrol and diesel through the Indian roads of the region.

The IOCL under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas of the Indian Government and the Roads and Highways Department (RHD) of the Bangladesh government had signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in lieu of this in Dhaka on Aug 18.

"If the passports of the officials and truckers of IOCL were received by Tuesday, the transportation of the petroleum products from Assam to Tripura via Bangladesh would start from Sep 7," an IOCL official said.

He said Indian oil tankers carrying petroleum products from Bongaigaon (northern Assam) will ply on the Dawki border (Meghalaya)- Tamabil (Bangladesh)- Chatlapur (Bangladesh)- Kailasahar (north Tripura) route covering a distance of 136 km in about four hours.

"This new route via Bangladesh would save time and costs in carrying petroleum products from Assam to Tripura as the existing over 400 km mountainous route required more than ten hours to carry these essential items. Besides, the condition of national highways through Meghalaya and southern Assam is horrifying," the official added.

The short-term India-Bangladesh deal on shipping of the petroleum products is valid until Sep 30.

An official statement of the Indian High Commission in Dhaka said based on the request by the Indian government, Bangladesh has granted permission for the movement of petroleum goods on humanitarian grounds through their territory.

The MoU will facilitate India to carry petroleum goods (Motor Spirit, High Speed Diesel, Superior Kerosene Oil and Liquefied Petroleum Gas) from Assam to Tripura through Bangladesh territory to make a buffer stock of them in the north-eastern state.

Bangladesh had earlier allowed India to carry food grains and heavy machineries from different parts of India to north-eastern state of Tripura via Bangladesh.

The Food Corporation of India (FCI) has transported a fresh consignment of 2,350 tonnes of rice last week from Kolkata to Tripura via Bangladesh to avoid transportation hitches through the traditional route of Assam and Meghalaya.

Earlier in 2012, Bangladesh had allowed state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation to ferry heavy machinery, turbines and over-dimensional cargoes through Ashuganj port for the 726-MW Palatana mega power project in southern Tripura.

There is only a narrow land corridor to the north-eastern region through Assam and West Bengal that passes through hilly terrain with steep gradients and multiple hairpin bends, making plying of vehicles, especially loaded trucks, very difficult.

Agartala via Guwahati is 1,650 km from Kolkata by road, and 2,637 km from New Delhi. But the distance between Agartala and Kolkata via Bangladesh is just 620 km.

http://bdnews24.com/neighbours/2016/09/04/india-to-carry-petroleum-products-via-bangladesh

Should make a pipeline. BD can also use it....and hook it up to all the ports in the region.
Like a spoiled child India keeps on asking for all the facilities in the world from BD. Now, you are talking about another new toy, a permanent under the ground pipeline through BD. It will only inflame the situation. Note the permission to carry oil and oil products ends in September this year.

Like a spoiled child India keeps on asking for all the facilities in the world from BD. Now, you are talking about another new toy, a permanent under the ground pipeline through BD. It will only inflame the situation. Note the permission to carry oil and oil products ends in September this year.

But arent these tankers paying for transit through Bangladesh ?

Well tell your God's own message on development to somsomeone from Fulbari or Rampal. The care you will receive will convince you otherwise I am sure. :enjoy:

You are using mob violence against me, stupid. I asked you a question that you could not answer and are trying to close my mind with words of violence. Answer my question first and talk big. I am not here to ask for votes from Fulbari to Rampal. Talk logic and answer why Rampal is bad.

OK so in total there is about 2 billion tons of coal in BD?
No, it is less than 1 billion tons because 1.05 billion tonnes cannot be extracted since it is too deep. I have erased other part of your post. But, your assumption may not be valid about the uses of coal until the mines are empty. BD needs coal, because of lack of alternative sources, for the next phase of electricity generation to run its to be established primary, secondary, and tertiary consumer goods industries.

Today, the situation forces us to depend on home-produced coal. But, a time may arrive when we do not have to depend upon coal at all. This coal produced power will help the industries to produce many exportable consumer goods At that juncture a continuation of the coal-based plants will be less demanding.

By that time BD exports will sufficiently earn foreign currency that will be used to import oil or gas to generate power. BD can build also nuclear stations at that stage. The economy will reach the self-sustained sustained stage then, and no more coal burning after that period.

Last edited:
But arent these tankers paying for transit through Bangladesh ?
Do you think BD needs payment for a service that creates problems in our own soil? People are aghast of these concessions to India because India is not reciprocal. Only the CM of Tripura has this good mind because he is from Bangladesh. All other Indian politicians as dry as burnt coal.

You are using mob violence against me, stupid. I asked you a question that you could not answer and are trying to close my mind with words of violence. Answer my question first and talk big. I am not here to ask for votes from Fulbari to Rampal. Talk logic and answer why Rampal is bad.

Why cannot this plant be located elsewhere?

Would India do the same near their part of the Sundurban?

It is not worth the risk for 1.32 GW of power to be honest.

Do you think BD needs payment for a service that creates problems in our own soil? People are aghast of these concessions to India because India is not reciprocal. Only the CM of Tripura has this good mind because he is from Bangladesh. All other Indian politicians as dry as burnt coal.

Well i don't really know about what is happening in the Eastern states and Bangladesh but having some good relations is better than having none.

With all these concessions India is becoming dependent on Bangladesh so am sure your leaders would have thought about all these and Trade is beneficial for all the people.

Is this free transit ?? What i don't think so! if yes then that's unbelievable how can you guys do that.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom