What's new

Bangladesh Economy: News & Updates

mate.. it will require billions of dollar to make the township.. builders finance it through debt.. which means they rely on demand(sales) to pay back money.. if it remain unused for a year, the builder will go bankrupt.... chinese govt has infinite money so they can afford ghost town for even 5 years..

I told you it will not remain unsold. In couple of month government will be demolishing one of the 20 storied building with court order, even if it iis moved that means 20 storied floor space is sold. Just giving you an example.

Its a new town and all lands are already allocated and sold. We are a land scarce country.

I told you it will not remain unsold. In couple of month government will be demolishing one of the 20 storied building with court order, even if it iis moved that means 20 storied floor space is sold. Just giving you an example.

Its a new town and all lands are already allocated and sold. We are a land scarce country.
i know land is scarce... and people buy land easily.. but half of them are speculators who want to hold onto it... while it appreciates in value.. business space is rarely bought on speculation, waiting for price to rise. if there is sudden glut in the market, the price will fall... hurting the builder.

Iconic+tower.jpg
Iconic-tower.jpg

Capital Dhaka’s developer Rajdhani Unnayan Kartripakkha (RAJUK) has already fixed a place and made a plan for the tallest building in South Asia.

US-based construction firm KPC Group is going to get the job to build the tower at Purbachal New Town project.

Bangladeshi-origin Kali Pradip Chaudhury, the founder and chairman of KPC, is now in Dhaka leading a team to sign the deal with the government.

Finance Minister Muhith is also set to witness the signing ceremony at his ministry on Sunday.

The project will be implemented under public-private partnership (PPP), Muhith told bdnews24.com on Saturday.

“A man (Chaudhury) from our Sylhet has founded the world famous construction firm KPC. He has achieved popularity by constructing big buildings in several countries,” the minister said.

He said Chaudhury first approached him with the plan to build the tower.

“We have treated his bona fide offer positively,” he added.

Chaudhuri, a doctor, completed his intermediate education at the MC College in Sylhet. He obtained his MBBS degree in Kolkata and was also educated in Malaysia, England, Canada and the US.

A finance ministry official said the building plan aims to remind people of the 1971 Liberation War.

Onlookers will see the number 71 on the building after it is built, he said.

RAJUK is organising an international auction for the job on June 28, according to RAJUK acting Chairman Abdur Rahman.

He said the purpose of the auction is to avoid legal complexities.

The RAJUK acting chairman said a 60-acre piece of land at Central Business District of Purbachal has been fixed for the building.

The base price of the land is Tk 200 million per acre.

The preliminary estimated cost of the project to construct the tower is around Tk 100 billion or $1.2 billion.

The Bureau of Research, Testing Consultation of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) has been tasked with the technical study of the project site.

Lawyer Tanjeeb Ul Alam, who is dealing with the legal issues of the project, said RAJUK usually fixes the prices of residential plots itself.

But commercial plots are awarded to highest bidders.

He said the construction firm will have to include some other structures around the main tower.

RAJUK will oversee the project with the help of the housing and public works ministry.

The height of the building will exceed 2000 feet. RAJUK has sought clearance from Civil Aviation Authority Bangladesh (CAAB) for the building.

RAJUK officials said centres for international conventions and exhibitions will be included in the building.

In his 2016-17 budget speech, Muhith said the centre’s main auditorium will accommodate 5,000 people, while the main stadium of a sports complex will have a seating capacity of 50,000.

“Once implemented, the project will facilitate trade and commerce, create job opportunities and result in an economic vibrancy benefiting all,” he said.

He hoped the construction would end in 2018.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My notes: This Kali Pradip Chowdhury (KPC Group) is a number one fraudster in the Los Angeles area, he is infamous for it. If Muhith knows about it - he is knowingly implicit in this fraud as well. KPC group's latest antics...

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/dr-kal...sing-doctors-as-personal-atm-machines-6466134

http://www.pe.com/articles/medical-632420-chaudhuri-dada.html

Look at the way they spend their ill-gotten wealth,

http://nriinternet.com/NRIdoctors/A_USA/A_Z/C/K_P_Chaudhuri/index.htm

These people identify more with Indians than with Bangladesh.

And I was reading why he wanted to build a 142 story tower. The article said, his heart 'cries' for Bangladesh. LOL. :lol:

Plus I am really disgusted about Muhith falling for this '142 story tower in the middle of Dhaka' scheme. Really? Seriously?

Are these people smoking something special?

This is from the last link you provided,

Dr.Kali Pradip Chaudhuri, chairman of KPC Healthcare Services of Riverside, California

Bride, Priyangana, daughter of Mr. Ramendra Prasad and Mrs. Namita Sharma.

Chaudhuri family originally migrated from Mesopotamia and on the riverbank of Euphrater, then migrated to Perria and then to Punjab and from Punjab to Selet (Bengal) India.
Groom, Kali Priyo Chaudhuri, son of Mr. Kali Pradip and Mrs. Sunanda Chaudhuri.

He is claiming he is of Arabic descent !!!

i know land is scarce... and people buy land easily.. but half of them are speculators who want to hold onto it... while it appreciates in value.. business space is rarely bought on speculation, waiting for price to rise. if there is sudden glut in the market, the price will fall... hurting the builder.

Government already asking everybody to go tall in that area and stopped approving any design which is less than 40 storied. So I am telling you it's serious.

Mr. Pradip already visited 36 times only to follow up the project. ;)

Government already asking everybody to go tall in that area and stopped approving any design which is less than 40 storied. So I am telling you it's serious.

Mr. Pradip already visited 36 times only to follow up the project. ;)
you are expecting miracle... he needs access to cheap money from usa, which seems less likely... i think he is playing typical builder game... buy land for cheap and hold onto it.(blame on others if asked why going so slow)

Rather spending on tallest buildings why don't they think building industry or health , education etc gona help more for there countries

You are using mob violence against me, stupid. I asked you a question that you could not answer and are trying to close my mind with words of violence. Answer my question first and talk big. I am not here to ask for votes from Fulbari to Rampal. Talk logic and answer why Rampal is bad.
And you resort to name calling. Have you watched hasina's last press conference. She literally threatened everyone that if anyone try to interfere with her personal projects, she will beat them and shut the power supply. Do you have courage to mouth that "threatening with mob" words on her face?

Secondly you are just clueless. And not cuz you don't have the chance, just cuz you don't want to accept the reality that Rampal is going to be a curse, both economically and environmentally. If you really wanted to know, you would have tried and search up the debates going on from the both side and decide.

It isn't a new issue. This confrontations is going on for almost like 4 years now. It's a long time. If you were so much interested, you had enough time to study. So again kid, study a bit, I don't have any liability to prove my points to you.

And next time be careful with your words. Of course you are not the only one who has a colourfull bag of s words.

Hehe,we can also take some of these products as rent for using our roads...

i recently went to the Tamabil Border between India and Bdesh in Meghalaya and the bangladeshi tourists were quite shocked to see us wearing jackets cuz it was hot in the plains and we descended from the hills where its cold and cloudy. But on topic its a good move by both the countries and i'm waiting for a guwahati-dhaka-kolkata bus service to start it'll save time and this route is shorter by about 300kms.

Rather spending on tallest buildings why don't they think building industry or health , education etc gona help more for there countries
Every single of them has their own budget allocated as does the infrastructure.

If you knew how tough it is to manage a commercial space for office and business in Dhaka, you would have said otherwise.

But tall building is not the point of negativism here, it's the guy who is trying to bag to deal.

Every single of them has their own budget allocated as does the infrastructure.

If you knew how tough it is to manage a commercial space for office and business in Dhaka, you would have said otherwise.

But tall building is not the point of negativism here, it's the guy who is trying to bag to deal.
Okie I just showed my concerns and rest I know better for ur country :D

I would also opposed if the money came from govt. But the money is being provided by KPC group.Their money,only they can decide where to invest.Govt. need to look after common mass and it would have been wrong to spend 1.27 billion dollar by the govt in this project. But this project is like foreign investment in real estate sector in BD.Plus it's construction will stimulate local economy and create a lot of job.

The problem is not foreign investment.

The problem is that the KPC Group are a bunch of fraudsters. I know their activities locally because they are from here where I live.

Why doesn't the Bangladesh govt. ask for build portfolios - these guys have not built anything bigger (ever) than four story garbage medical buildings in remote West Bengal mofussil towns.

When they go to a US bank, they will ask for collateral and history, what will they show? This BS only plays in Bangladesh, not in the US.

Their stink obviously has not reached Bangladesh so you guys sound confused....

Bangladesh on many of these indicators (health, hygiene and some education indicators) leads South Asia (except Sri Lanka) because of our larger NGO's (Grameen, BRAC etc.) in spite of having half the budget (unfortunately our education budget per capita for example is half that of India).

We were fortunate because of visionaries like Dr. Yunus and Dr. Fazle Hasan Abed.

The point however is not puffery (i'm better than you) but to spread the success of these movements across South Asia to help all poverty stricken people in all countries, even the US. Some countries have been slow to convert because what works in Bangladesh doesn't work across all cultures.

Grameen and BRAC already have branches in Pakistan and India.

But I'm already off topic and my apologies....

This is from the last link you provided,

He is claiming he is of Arabic descent !!!

Ha ha ha. This is the clincher for me. :lol::lol:

The problem is not foreign investment.

The problem is that the KPC Group are a bunch of fraudsters. I know their activities locally because they are from here where I live.

Why doesn't the Bangladesh govt. ask for build portfolios - these guys have not built anything bigger (ever) than four story garbage medical buildings in remote West Bengal mofussil towns.

When they go to a US bank, they will ask for collateral and history, what will they show? This BS only plays in Bangladesh, not in the US.

Their stink obviously has not reached Bangladesh so you guys sound confused....

Bangladesh on many of these indicators (health, hygiene and some education indicators) leads South Asia (except Sri Lanka) because of our larger NGO's (Grameen, BRAC etc.) in spite of having half the budget (unfortunately our education budget per capita for example is half that of India).

We were fortunate because of visionaries like Dr. Yunus and Dr. Fazle Hasan Abed.

The point however is not puffery (i'm better than you) but to spread the success of these movements across South Asia to help all poverty stricken people in all countries, even the US. Some countries have been slow to convert because what works in Bangladesh doesn't work across all cultures.

Grameen and BRAC already have branches in Pakistan and India.

But I'm already off topic and my apologies....

Ha ha ha. This is the clincher for me. :lol::lol:
Good luck dear

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom