What's new

Bangladesh economy may overtake western countries by 2050

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strong Bd economy??my foot!!
what sort of Industrial capabilities,technological development and infrastructure do you have??
the growth rate is BD is an usual phenomen when underdeveloped states develop:rofl:

Stop bsinggg.. Listen to your Parliament.. I think they show live

As growth rate of underdeveloped India is a unusual phenomena thats why it stalls every other year... Now I get you...

As growth rate of underdeveloped India is a unusual phenomena thats why it stalls every other year... Now I get you...

If India is put in underdeveloped what would you call BD????????:rofl:

Lol ,it was you who who were singing the glories about how bd will do it without fdi and you are saying that without fdi no growth beyond 5% ? lol!

And where are you bringing the facts about india's saving rate ?

India's savings rate may rise to 39 per cent by 2017 - Economic Times

I said Indian growth beyond 5%. We are doing great without it. We have a current account surplus and budget deficit less than 4.5% yet accelerating beyond 6.5%.. You should envy at us not China as they are way out of your league. ;)

Check your savings rate for the last 3 years... not what will happen in 2017 by Times...

If India is put in underdeveloped what would you call BD????????:rofl:

Anything but better than India...

Anything but better than India...

lol!!!
posted on an other thread
The Difference-Your Airport in capital-Dhaka

dhakaairport69.jpg

our capitals Airport-Delhi

22527379898365428083217.jpg

Do you know that your HDI and per capita income are far below India??

similarly I can show things about other infra-roads,rail and industrial capabilities

comparing BD with China???lol

lol!!!

similarly I can show things about other infra-roads,rail and industrial capabilities

You started showing our old airport after we planned a 7 billion dollar state of the art airport. I know you are jealous...

You started showing our old airport after we planned a 7 billion dollar state of the art airport. I know you are jealous...

planning planning and planning???
lol!!!

New airport site haven't even been selected.You are going to overtake Delhi/Mumbai airport???:rofl:
jealous??have you seen airports we have in tier 3 cities???

Lol ,it was you who who were singing the glories about how bd will do it without fdi and you are saying that without fdi no growth beyond 5% ? lol!

And where are you bringing the facts about india's saving rate ?

India's savings rate may rise to 39 per cent by 2017 - Economic Times

It says only if India's growth rate return to 8% mark which is unlikely. According to the report India has only 33% saving rate where as Bangladesh has 37% and it already had 39% savings rate back in 2009.

Gross savings (% of GDP) | Data | Table

lol!!!

buddy these bd's on PDF are useless peopele...sitting there in the US and predicting about their homeland greatness fulfills the need of a strong native identity in a foreign culture :)

BD' have virtually nothing to show except some couple of social indicators which they are better otherwise its all dream world.An economy is not only about population but reserach,collges,people,culture etc. Economists can also predict in 5 years from now that afghanistan may be the next breakout nation because of young nation but they forget to take other variables into the equation.

Japan as far as 1994 was considered the "next global superpower" going to overtake the US.
But one crisis in 1997....and now nobody talks about Japan

buddy these bd's on PDF are useless peopele...sitting there in the US and predicting about their homeland greatness fulfills the need of a strong native identity in a foreign culture :)

BD' have virtually nothing to show except some couple of social indicators which they are better otherwise its all dream world.An economy is not only about population but reserach,collges,people,culture etc. Economists can also predict in 5 years from now that afghanistan may be the next breakout nation because of young nation but they forget to take other variables into the equation.

Japan as far as 1994 was considered the "next global superpower" going to overtake the US.
But one crisis in 1997....and now nobody talks about Japan

If you are talking about school, college and research then listen Bangladesh has already over taken India in terms of primary and secondary enrollment, here 15-24 year old population are more literate then India, in higher education enrollment too Bangladesh has almost caught up India which is now 2 million against 16.8 million for India. Within the next couple of year in research too Bangladesh will over take India. All these was unthinkable even 2 decade ago but it is now reality.

It's high time the mods rename the Bangladesh defence section as Bangladesh affairs or something. There is virtually very less defence related discussions and everything else that goes on in here is just a farce!

If you are talking about school, college and research then listen Bangladesh has already over taken India in terms of primary and secondary enrollment, here 15-24 year old population are more literate then India, in higher education enrollment too Bangladesh has almost caught up India which is now 2 million against 16.8 million for India. Within the next couple of year in research too Bangladesh will over take India. All these was unthinkable even 2 decade ago but it is now reality.

UNESCO Institute for Statistics
UNESCO Institute for Statistics
What about College??
Over take India in research?????:rofl:

There were many such predictions about Latin America and Japan overtaking US back in 80s,Latest predictions were about SE Nations.But,None of this happened.They are all based on a lot of Ifs and Buts.Only countries that have lived up to its predictions are S Korea,Taiwan (May be China,but they still have a long way to go).These two were true miracle and such ones are called break out nations, and they are very very rare.

Now for some actual analysis:

Japan was never going to overtake the US as it had less than half the population so those predictions were known to be full of hot air when they were made. Only someone who had no common sense would have taken them seriously. Still Japan is a very rich country on a par with Western Europe.

Latin Americans are not exactly known for their hard work. They are doing ok being middle income countries for the amount of work they do.

Malaysia should reach developed country status by the end of the decade and Indonesia should reach middle income status by the middle of the next decade so those predictions are actually coming true.

China, unless an absolute catastrophe happens, will become a developed country by the middle of the next decade and also the world's largest economy.

Looks like the predictions for the Asian countries, bar Japan, have/or will come true.

BANGLADESH is a great country. not only its a shining example of pluralism and secularism, but also its economy is sturdy , unlike neighbours such as india or myanmar. recent cases of pole vaulting from indian side have increased concerns in BD thinktanks. BDR, one of the best paramilitary forces of the world, has kept its cool despite cowardly firings of the world's worst paramilitary, BSF.
talking about bangladesh economy, its an unique example of w*t dreams come true. why ???? because if a country can be a bigger economy than most European nations on the basis of textile and agro based industries alone , then y not .
obviousely bangladesh has started its foray in many high tech industries as well.
- they are the modern pioneers of ship building.
- along with that they have started importing used cars, not that they cant manufacture themselves.
- they have booming tourism industry. ppl from europe wud come to 5 star hotels in bangla beaches and give all their money to bangladeshis.
- world's largest gold mines are discovered in khulna.

.....and then the alarm does its work.

My request to all members to accept Bangladesh as economic superpower so that we cant waste our time on this topic and discuss some serious issues.:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom