What's new

Bangladesh confirms PAK tour

You're right, attacks in Pakistan have decreased quite significantly compared to the past couple of years

Well those places are safe (probably safer than most parts of Pakistan) but I think the issue is that there are no cricket stadiums in those areas.

I think Mirpur have cricket stadium.
IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

there should be a separate cricket team for AJK because they are pretty independent, like a separate parliment and a president like in britain they have scotland team, northern ireland team etc

i thinkit would also support kashmir's cause

well, I am a student and i have all sorts of people in my facebook list.... I saw only Awamileague student wing Chatraleague activists ( there are almost 40 of them in my list ) are protesting against it repeatedly! neutrals , bnp and Jamayat activists all are silent!! Neutrals make comment against pakistan only when they see pakistanis making fun of our team countering awami activists...

A poll published in the Daily Prothom Alo (an Awami leaning national daily) today:

Do you think the BD decision to visit Pak is right?

Yes-57.71%, No-41.39%, No comments-0.99%.

Total participant: 5363

well, I am a student and i have all sorts of people in my facebook list.... I saw only Awamileague student wing Chatraleague activists ( there are almost 40 of them in my list ) are protesting against it repeatedly! neutrals , bnp and Jamayat activists all are silent!! Neutrals make comment against pakistan only when they see pakistanis making fun of our team countering awami activists...

A poll published in today's Daily Prothom Alo (an Awami leaning national daily):

Do you think BD's decision to visit Pakistan is right?

Yes-57.71%, No-41.39%, No comments-0.90%.

Total participants: 5363.

A poll published in today's Daily Prothom Alo (an Awami leaning national daily):

Do you think BD's decision to visit Pakistan is right?

Yes-57.71%, No-41.39%, No comments-0.90%.

Total participants: 5363.

2012_04_17_1_5_b.jpg

so A PRO AWAMI news paper conducts a poll, gets 57% supporting the tour! i bet jamati daily nayadiganta or bnp daily Amardesh would get 90% support! and still pakistanis are broken-heart on it!

Recent Development......

Bangladesh cricket coach Stuart Law has expressed fears about the team’s scheduled tour to troubled Pakistan, where international cricket has been suspended for three years.
Bangladesh are set to be the first team to visit Pakistan since a militant attack on the Sri Lankan team bus during the Lahore Test in 2009, when eight people died and seven visiting players and an assistant coach were injured.

“It’s got to be made sure by the two associating boards that everyone is 100 percent safe to go,” he said in comments reported in Tuesday’s Dhaka-based New Age newspaper.

“I cannot speak on behalf of the players. I have spent time with the players and everyone is a bit concerned. Not just Bangladesh, but the other teams as well,” he said.

“The first initial response from the players around the world is: ‘I don’t want to go.’”

Bangladesh will play one 50-over game and a Twenty20 international on April 29 and 30 in Lahore, a move hailed by Pakistani political leaders, players and fans.

But newspapers in Bangladesh criticised Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) chief Mustafa Kamal for agreeing to the tour.

The New Age daily described the decision as “irresponsible, unprofessional, autocratic and downright selfish”.

Law, from Australia, declined to confirm if he would go on the tour, while Bangladesh’s cricket authorities said they were seeking clearance from the International Cricket Council (ICC).

Sport - Bangladesh coach concerned over Pakistan tour

it will be great for tourism as well ... seriously.. Great idea

Add Swat valley to that too. It has huge spare ground up in the hills of Kaalam which can be converted to a full fledge stadium.

On topic: I think Tauqir Zia ex PCB chief played a vital role in bringing Bangla team here since they were reluctant to visit Pakistan in the beginning.

Recent Development......

Bangladesh cricket coach Stuart Law has expressed fears about the team’s scheduled tour to troubled Pakistan, where international cricket has been suspended for three years.
Bangladesh are set to be the first team to visit Pakistan since a militant attack on the Sri Lankan team bus during the Lahore Test in 2009, when eight people died and seven visiting players and an assistant coach were injured.

“It’s got to be made sure by the two associating boards that everyone is 100 percent safe to go,” he said in comments reported in Tuesday’s Dhaka-based New Age newspaper.

“I cannot speak on behalf of the players. I have spent time with the players and everyone is a bit concerned. Not just Bangladesh, but the other teams as well,” he said.

“The first initial response from the players around the world is: ‘I don’t want to go.’”

Bangladesh will play one 50-over game and a Twenty20 international on April 29 and 30 in Lahore, a move hailed by Pakistani political leaders, players and fans.

But newspapers in Bangladesh criticised Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) chief Mustafa Kamal for agreeing to the tour.

The New Age daily described the decision as “irresponsible, unprofessional, autocratic and downright selfish”.

Law, from Australia, declined to confirm if he would go on the tour, while Bangladesh’s cricket authorities said they were seeking clearance from the International Cricket Council (ICC).

Sport - Bangladesh coach concerned over Pakistan tour

players around the world, not Bangladeshis actually!

2012_04_17_1_5_b.jpg

so A PRO AWAMI news paper conducts a poll, gets 57% supporting the tour! i bet jamati daily nayadiganta or bnp daily Amardesh would get 90% support!
The percentage would have been much higher if icc agreed to send neutral match officials.

and still pakistanis are broken-heart on it!

Lol...only a few. take it easy bro. They are mostly young and emotional.

i wanted a longer tour but this is great too a test playing nation is coming and thats good for a start things will really turn around if srilanka would come for the match in that stadium ...... bet we would win that match due to psychological fears:p:P:P

i wanted a longer tour but this is great too a test playing nation is coming and thats good for a start things will really turn around if srilanka would come for the match in that stadium ...... bet we would win that match due to psychological fears:p:P:P

The lankans faced even worse terrorist group than you guys faced. Dont think they are gonna be afraid.

Back
Top Bottom