What's new

Bangladesh condemns Bollywood movie Gunday for misrepresenting the birth of Bangladesh

when you call them criminal in the movie well then doesnt matter if they can differentiate or not
they are the heroes of the movie,they help people,people love them
we arent calling them criminals
lol

i guess you havent seen the movie

You mean BDs are that stupid not the differentiate between reel life and real life? :undecided:
I have watched the movie,noting wrong in it,they mention BD only 5 to 6 time and that too in the starting.
These jokers want attention and nothing else.

I have watched the movie,noting wrong in it,they mention BD only 5 to 6 time and that tooin the starting.
These jokers want attention and nothing else.
i watched it yesterday
the movie was about 2 immigrants and not BD's independence
the funny part is the ones who are commenting thier anti India rants havent seen the movie
the Bangladeshi's gonna love the movie

Yash Raj apologises over Gunday

Star Arts & Entertainment Desk

India's Yash Raj Films (YRF), in response to the ongoing protests in Bangladesh over its film “Gunday” undermining Bangladeshis, as reported in the article titled “Bangladesh condemns Gunday” published in yesterday's issue of this page -- has expressed its regrets over the matter.
The message, posted on the blog of YRF (yrfmovies.blogspot.com) says the YRF team “would like to apologise if any disrespect or hurt has been caused to them (Bangladeshi's)”, adding that the film “was and is meant to be a fictional work and does not in any way project or disrespect any particular segment of society or persons or a nation.”
“The birth of a country is always steeped in the sacrifices made by its freedom fighters and martyrs and this can never be forgotten. And so was the case with Bangladesh and its people who paid a huge price to attain this freedom. The history of the sub-continent reflects this and acknowledges the struggle of the people of Bangladesh. However, 'Gunday' was not meant to in any way slight the sacrifices made or to recount the history of the creation of a new nation,” the message adds. It closes with “If this fictitious story and its telling have in any way upset the sentiments of anybody, we would like to clarify that it was totally inadvertent and it is sincerely further regretted.”
Links to the message were also posted on the Facebook pages of the production house and the film, where thousands of Bangladeshis have thronged over the week -- posting a protest memorandum and seeking an apology.

Yash Raj apologises over Gunday

Criminals are everywhere! Yindoos, Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Bengalis, and probably even Martians! So what's the big deal showing a couple of BDs as criminals? Are they all lily white? :P

what about the red part ?

The news says

"The film also apparently indicates that Bangladeshis were involved in various crimes like arms smuggling, and two young boys from these lands escaped and became vicious criminals. There's also insinuation that Bangladeshis prefer identifying themselves as Indians."

:P

At least the Bangladeshi are only being called criminals in the Bollywood movie. The Pakistanis are always portrayed as terrorists :D

bwahahahahahahahahah as if we even care :D

Last edited:
A non issue. Yashraj Films did well to remind people that its a fictional work and not meant to undermine sacrifices made by Bangladeshis.

What I find hilarious is that the same Bangladeshi weirdoes who day in and day out on the forum keep undermining the sacrifices made by Bangladeshis in 1971,by calling them indian slaves, dalals, mushriks, inflated numbers and what not in order to be ''accepted'' by the taller fairer and better muslim friends are now finding fault with a privately made work of fiction that only makes a passing and limited to the plot reference to the event.

Jamaati bots are a special breed, and I'm not only talking about those born in 1972.

This movie will be seen by millions of impressionable Bangladeshi youth who will then have a distorted view of how their country was created.

LOL, yes millions o Bangladeshis will see a one line narration at the beginning of a movie and learn history. You seem to have drawn conclusions about Bengali intellect based purely on jamaati posters at PDF.

Last edited:
A non issue. Yashraj Films did well to remind people that its a fictional work and not meant to undermine sacrifices made by Bangladeshis.

What I find hilarious is that the same Bangladeshi weirdoes who day in and day out on the forum keep undermining the sacrifices made by Bangladeshis in 1971,by calling them indian slaves, dalals, mushriks, inflated numbers and what not in order to be ''accepted'' by the taller fairer and better muslim friends are now finding fault with a privately made work of fiction that only makes a passing and limited to the plot reference to the event.

Jamaati bots are a special breed, and I'm not only talking about those born in 1972.

LOL, yes millions o Bangladeshis will see a one line narration at the beginning of a movie and learn history. You seem to have drawn conclusions about Bengali intellect based purely on jamaati posters at PDF.

ahhh very good the yash raj films admitted that the following was figment of imagination on part of Indians

"The film also apparently indicates that Bangladeshis were involved in various crimes like arms smuggling, and two young boys from these lands escaped and became vicious criminals. There's also insinuation that Bangladeshis prefer identifying themselves as Indians."

ahhh very good the yash raj films admitted that the following was figment of imagination on part of Indians

As always you are twisting words and trying too hard. Such low class arguments are done by illiterate street urchins. But even they grow up.

As always you are twisting words and trying too hard. Such low class arguments are done by illiterate street urchins. But even they grow up.

i dint know India has so much illiterate street urchins :P

anyway whats wrong with what is said?

You said Yash raj films clarified the film was fiction.

So if the film was fiction then indeed the script of the movie claiming Bangladeshis call themselves as Indians, is also a figment of imagination on the part of bharotis.

isnt it?

You said Yash raj films clarified the film was fiction.

So if the film was fiction then indeed the script of the movie claiming Bangladeshis call themselves as Indians, is also a figment of imagination on the part of bharotis.
You are having a figment of imagination actually that script of the movie claims that Bangladeshis call themselvs as Indians.
Now figure who is an illiterate urchin ;)

Back
Top Bottom