What's new

Bangladesh coach expresses fear over Pakistan tour

What about the umpires and match referees? Those are ICC appointed. Even blind bat Steve Bucknor might see a problem with going to Pakistan.

Thəorətic Muslim;2832014 said:
What might be the repercussions if Pakistan leaves the ICC and ends Cricket in Pakistan?

Nothing. ICC suspended South Africa for its policy of apartheid from 1971 to 1991. I don't see why they can't suspend Pakistan.

What might be the repercussions if Pakistan leaves the ICC and ends Cricket in Pakistan?

They could potentially do that, and play cricket at the provincial/domestic level. But the quality and level of competition will not be the same, as you would expect. Besides, sponsorship is not easy to find when you are only playing domestic cricket. The prospects of a premier league will suffer because International cricketers cannot participate in anything organized by the PCB (they will be termed "rebels" by the ICC and we know that doesn't end well).

This back-and-forth from the BCB is kind of tiring. Pakistan has some of the finest cricketing talent, and barring a few stray incidents, generally a welcoming and well-behaved public. They certainly deserve better than this indecisiveness.

What about the umpires and match referees? Those are ICC appointed. Even blind bat Steve Bucknor might see a problem with going to Pakistan.

Nothing. ICC suspended South Africa for its policy of apartheid from 1971 to 1991. I don't see why they can't suspend Pakistan.

I don't think suspension is the same as voluntarily leaving the ICC. Although I doubt it will be a smart move.

They could potentially do that, and play cricket at the provincial/domestic level. But the quality and level of competition will not be the same, as you would expect. Besides, sponsorship is not easy to find when you are only playing domestic cricket. The prospects of a premier league will suffer because International cricketers cannot participate in anything organized by the PCB (they will be termed "rebels" by the ICC and we know that doesn't end well).

This back-and-forth from the BCB is kind of tiring. Pakistan has some of the finest cricketing talent, and barring a few stray incidents, generally a welcoming and well-behaved public. They certainly deserve better than this indecisiveness.

I don't think suspension is the same as voluntarily leaving the ICC. Although I doubt it will be a smart move.

What I am saying is that ideally the PCB should be suspended from the ICC along with the Mugabe run ZCU in Zimbabwe.

What I am saying is that ideally the PCB should be suspended from the ICC along with the Mugabe run ZCU in Zimbabwe.

now why would icc do that huh out of the blue just point fingers it has already stated that if bcb and pcb agree to hold matches then icc wont say anything

Pakistan should just leave ICC. Cricket matches would no longer be broadcasted in Pakistan. I'm certain that the Pakistani people would not mind going a few months with out some international cricket match to get some respect.

Jackdaws... maybe you should grow 2 balls and start getting laid. To get over your Pakistan obsession.

That will be controversial and hard to justify.The situation in Zimbabwe was different and the Mugabe regime was unpopular with most countries. The security risk in Zimbabwe was from the government and the "governing" board, which is not the case in Pakistan. Besides, if you suspend the PCB, Pakistan cannot even play away games, and that is certainly not warranted. If a country/team is bringing the game into disrepute, I suppose you can suspend the national team. But this is a security situation, and doesn't need to be blown out of proportion.

Pakistan should just leave ICC. Cricket matches would no longer be broadcasted in Pakistan. I'm certain that the Pakistani people would not mind going a few months with out some international cricket match to get some respect.

dude why? i know that for a long time our team has not played home matches and have made dubai our substitute home but still we have trained ourselves and have won matches with all this aside we were able to reach the semi finals have good winning streak and win the asia cup

Thəorətic Muslim;2832132 said:

This is not a question of respect. If anyone expected the process of resuming cricket in Pakistan to be a smooth one, they were naive. Realize that there could be genuine concerns from players, administrators and their families. These people are just trained athletes not soldiers in combat. Concepts of "bravery" don't play into their mind when they are thinking of away tours. We have to respect people's concerns, and not everything can be brushed aside as a RAW/BCCI/ICC conspiracy.

PCB has to keep hoping for cricket to resume, but at the same time push for more away tours so that there is some money coming into the coffers. Leaving the ICC just to make a statement will not serve any purpose.

No one doubts that the Pakistanis are talented cricketers. So were the South African cricketers in the 1970s - the likes of Pollock would have achieved a lot. But the point is that South Africa through its actions and policies deserved exclusion from the sport. Pakistan's policy warrants the same.

Thəorətic Muslim;2832132 said:

Jackdaws... maybe you should grow 2 balls and start getting laid. To get over your Pakistan obsession.

Please refrain from personal attacks. I am merely stating my opinion.

No one doubts that the Pakistanis are talented cricketers. So were the South African cricketers in the 1970s - the likes of Pollock would have achieved a lot. But the point is that South Africa through its actions and policies deserved exclusion from the sport. Pakistan's policy warrants the same.

what basis are you saying this just bcz there security issues in a country they should not be allowed to play international cricket also. what are the actions have our team beaten another team with bats and wickets.

a. The Pakistan Cricket Board unlike the other world boards is run by the military

what does that have to do and i was under the impression zaka was running the board who was appointed by zardari.

c. Pakistani players have served jail time for match fixing

other team players have been caught in spot fixing too and this was about 2 years ago now it holds little since the team is doing good and is well strong

d. As a nation, Pakistan is considered a pariah for numerous reasons including being a major terrorism hub.

considered and being are two very different words and what does it have to do in international cricket ok i guess its an argument for home playing but not so strong for international venues why shouldnt pakistan play or do you expect a player to blow himself up. srilanka was ravaged by tamils but matches happened never the less indeed a team was attacked but now things are different security for teams is all time high and attacks have been severely reduced......

ok ive me one good reason how the above all effects the team performance it should the amir case the terrorism made our team weak but we still tried and tried and we made a broken team again we have won matched continuously where as other teams have lost so tell me again how can icc come to a team that is performing good are asian champions semi finalists of the world cup and tell them to get lost

Before BD tour, PK should have arranged a Pakistan premier league/ ppl tournament to test and prove its secutiry.

Before BD tour, PK should have arranged a Pakistan premier league/ ppl tournament to test and prove its secutiry.

we had the major event of our domestic cricket called faisal bank cup which happen,s every year since 2004 i think and it was in rawalpindi with scores of people being their every other day..... and your board checked the security and said it was perfect before the drama and now they have agreed they must have seen as security is adequate. what is happening is happening just chill the matches will be fine and interesting

No one would care.

Cricket is only a game; no one should die for it. Pakistan with all due respect is unstable due to it internal issues and more importantly its neighbours. There is no such thing as 100% security in a public venue. This tour seems like a silly thing to do. Pakistan having waited a couple of years should wait a few more months, once US leaves Afghanistan I suspect things will calm down and normalcy will return. This is a perfect opportunity for the many anti-establishment actors to make a statement. I do not see why BCB is taking a risk; the head of BCB should be sacked for embroiling Bangladesh unnecessarily in this mess. The risk for PCB in some ways is even more should something happen.

Back
Top Bottom