What's new

Bangladesh coach expresses fear over Pakistan tour

jha

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
150412-stuart-law-bangladesh-cricket-660.jpg

Bangladesh cricket coach Stuart Law has expressed fears about the team’s scheduled tour to troubled Pakistan, where international cricket has been suspended for three years.

Bangladesh are set to be the first team to visit Pakistan since a militant attack on the Sri Lankan team bus during the Lahore Test in 2009, when eight people died and seven visiting players and an assistant coach were injured.

“It’s got to be made sure by the two associating boards that everyone is 100 per cent safe to go,” he said in comments reported in Tuesday’s Dhaka-based New Age newspaper.

“I cannot speak on behalf of the players. I have spent time with the players and everyone is a bit concerned. Not just Bangladesh, but the other teams as well,” he said.

“The first initial response from the players around the world is: ‘I don’t want to go.’”

Bangladesh will play one 50-over game and a Twenty20 international on April 29 and 30 in Lahore, a move hailed by Pakistani political leaders, players and fans.

But newspapers in Bangladesh criticised Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) chief Mustafa Kamal for agreeing to the tour.

The New Age daily described the decision as “irresponsible, unprofessional, autocratic and downright selfish”.

Law, from Australia, declined to confirm if he would go on the tour, while Bangladesh’s cricket authorities said they were seeking clearance from the International Cricket Council (ICC).

Foreign teams shunned Pakistan after the 2009 attacks, forcing them to play their home series on neutral venues, mostly in the United Arab Emirates.

Bangladesh coach expresses fear over Pakistan tour | DAWN.COM

Just drop this coach for Pakistan tour ...

Even India played almost a year without any coach

we can already see indian unrest because of the tour

pakistan should not have held matches in lahore, its too close to india

You are making case even weaker by accepting that you can not give security to teams in Lahore.You must be false flagger.

we can already see indian unrest because of the tour

pakistan should not have held matches in lahore, its too close to india

Well done...

No wonder serious meaningful posts are rare to find here these days..

let them come everything will be fine they inspected the security a thousand times...... what happened to the coach talks have been going for quite a while and on top of it the tour could have happened in march its not like its the surprise of the century hey guess what you will tour pakistan. they knew about it and if they had so much problems they should have said against it long before everything finalized.

Yeah, fear of losing...

their lives!

what do you know about it ok an attack happened but everything is alright now and plz dont say the jail break it was in kpk area and we r not responsible for what happened in kabul so dont link that with us

I fail to understand how this move(of Bangladesh team visiting Pakistan) is going to improve the situation any better.

I dont think Australia,SA,West Indies,England,India are going to visit in the near future anyway.

Pakistan must look to improve the security situation first and then look forward to inviting teams.Another incident with a cricket team and there wont be any team visiting Pakistan for years.

Bangladesh’s cricket authorities said they were seeking clearance from the International Cricket Council (ICC).

If ICC approves BD to tour pakistan then they need to approve all countries to tour Pakistan since it security of Bangladeshi player is as important as that of any other countries player !

If ICC does not approve BD to tour pakistan then i guess the matches would be classified as unsanctioned and wouldn't count

Back
Top Bottom