What's new

Bangladesh Army Issues Tender To Procure Attack Helicopter

I don't know. BD isn't going to order 100. If it's like 6 to 12, they can fly under Caatsa. Or else it's the chinese ones.
Pakistan signed upto 30 T129 for 1.5B, meaning each one costed 50m, perhaps including spares. Russian will be way cheaper.

I don't know. BD isn't going to order 100. If it's like 6 to 12, they can fly under Caatsa. Or else it's the chinese ones.
Pakistan signed upto 30 T129 for 1.5B, meaning each one costed 50m, perhaps including spares. Russian will be way cheaper.

Why would BD buy Chinese attack helicopters when a fully indigenous Turkish one will be available circa 2025?

It is almost certain to be the T-129 as BD wants a reliable supplier with excellent performance.

As for numbers we will probably look at 12-16 initially but options to take this up to 30 - BD is no longer cash strapped like it used to be.

Why would BD buy Chinese attack helicopters when a fully indigenous Turkish one will be available circa 2025?

It is almost certain to be the T-129 as BD wants a reliable supplier with excellent performance.

As for numbers we will probably look at 12-16 initially but options to take this up to 30 - BD is no longer cash strapped like it used to be.
its between T-129 and Apache
from janes : Apache down-selected for Bangladesh attack helicopter requirement (janes.com)
im hoping its the t-129

I hope the US does not block engine sales for now. We might soon see T129s being powered by Turkish or Ukrainian engines.
TAI is already getting Ukrainian engines for the new, heavier T929

I hope the US does not block engine sales for now. We might soon see T129s being powered by Turkish or Ukrainian engines.
TAI is already getting Ukrainian engines for the new, heavier T929

They will not block any sales when it comes to BD.. they want to curry favour with Dhaka for future sales and geopolitical reasons.

Also, does it make any sense for BA to get T129 and BAF to get Apache?
wouldn't make sense to have two different platforms for the same role. Plus we didn't sign the US treaties. In addition to that apaches cost around $110 million each with logistics , spares , munitions and training. F-16V with the package costs ~ 155 million USD.

I hope the US does not block engine sales for now.
They'll greenlight the engines for us just like they did with the Philippines (SLAVVV of USA btw). We don't have beef with the US.

They will not block any sales when it comes to BD.. they want to curry favour with Dhaka for future sales and geopolitical reasons.
That's a racist taboo though. They should "Bangladeshi American" favour with Dhaka.
wouldn't make sense to have two different platforms for the same role. Plus we didn't sign the US treaties. In addition to that apaches cost around $110 million each with logistics , spares , munitions and training. F-16V with the package costs ~ 155 million USD.

They'll greenlight the engines for us just like they did with the Philippines (SLAVVV of USA btw). We don't have beef with the US.
On a serious note: The challenge might be our constant hob-knob with the Chinese who are still our closest strategic ally besides depriving American suppliers from selling their helicopters. I hope the US does not make an issue out of it.
The Phillipines on the other hand hates China.

Last edited:
Forget about Apache. They failed to sell it to BAF.

"A recent move by the US to sell sophisticated defence equipment, including Apache helicopters, could not be materialised. US officials admitted that they had several rounds of talks with the authorities concerned on selling of sophisticated US defence equipment, which they claimed 'best in the world'."

What makes u think BD will not buy Chinese attack helo when they buy Chinese MBT and Type 15 light tank, Submarine and fighter jets?

2025 fully indigenous Turkish helo is just an estimate. If BD gives the money, 2022, BD can received first batch of Z-10ME next year. Remember the painful experience of PA procurement of T-129K.

Lol you're so obsessed with the 2025 timeline. Read the tender, order will be placed withing this FY and deliveries will be completed within 12-24 months. So either Turkish heli with American engine or Russian attack heli.

What makes u think BD will not buy Chinese attack helo when they buy Chinese MBT and Type 15 light tank, Submarine and fighter jets?

Because other attack helicopters offer far superior performance than Z-10. Tank has nothing to do with attack helicopter.

Because other attack helicopters offer far superior performance than Z-10. Tank has nothing to do with attack helicopter.
Right man , F-35 and F-22 are superior. BD shall also considered them. Oh, I forget BD is the world largest economy and unlimited printing money abilities, right?

Get the best, don't care about cost. I got it. How naive r u? When are you going to get CVN Gerald Ford aircraft carrier?

Right man , F-35 and F-22 are superior. BD shall also considered them. Oh, I forget BD is the world largest economy and unlimited printing money abilities, right?

Get the best, don't care about cost. I got it. How naive r u? When are you going to get CVN Gerald Ford aircraft carrier?

Pakistan chose the T-129 over the Z-10 in head to head competition and the T-129 won based on technical capabilities.

The fact that China's closest ally Pakistan rejected the Z-10 says it all really.

Last edited:
Pakistan chose the T-129 over the Z-10 in head to head competition and the T-129 won based on technical capabilities.

The fact that China's closes ally Pakistan rejected the Z-10 says it all really.
You sure it's purely based on technical capabilities?

Pakistan is Chinese closes ally and that doesn't mean Pakistan buys 100% Chinese weapon, right?

Even Indian don't buy 100% US or France or Russian.

If u look at spec of T-129K and Z-10. You are comparing a light attack helo vs a medium attack helo. 3.5tons vs 6 tons. Unless Turkish comes up with some magical metallurgy that even US don't have. 3.5 tons is not gonna make up the armour against a 6 tons better protected gunship.

Back
Top Bottom