What's new

Bangladesh Army confirmed purchasing of Chinese made VT-5 Light Tanks and kasirga T-300 MLRS

Come 2041, Bangladesh will not be a developed country, period.

At best, we will be a strong developing economy.

Each country is different, has different culture, different ethnicities, different religion, different national aspirations, different struggles that bind the nation together,... No two countries are the same.

As such, the meaning of developed or developing will be different for each and the challenges on the way to achieve these aspirations will also be different.

There is no point in arguing over when Bangladesh will be developed like the western world, perhaps that might never happen.

Instead of trying to be like the others, we should aspire to be something different, something of our own, something we can all be proud of, not necessarily something we can gloat about.

I don't want us to aspire to be a world super power, what I want is Bangladesh as envisioned in '71 when our forefathers laid down their lives for a free Bangladesh where everyone is able to earn an honest living and live well, irrespective of their religious or financial status.

A Bangladesh with no poverty, no child labour, no corruption, no starvation/hunger, no religious violence, no income disparity, no border killings, no land grabbing, no nepotism is what we should all be working towards not some pipedream to achieve some status or commendation by 2041 or whenever.

A Bangladesh where a mother, doesn't have to send her 9 year old to work in the brick kiln is the Bangladesh that is enough for me and that's the Bangladesh I want and the Bangladesh I'm willing to work towards.

Bashing each other here will not achieve anything, verily we haven't gotten anywhere because of this pathetic habit of ours; bashing each other, even though we share more in common than we have differences.
We should be like china, create our own identity, culture and way of life. Europe can go to hell, who are they to tell us whether we are poor or rich, smart or dumb. The only people can call bangladesh a 'first world country' is us and only us. We should provide our people with quality housing , roads with pathment to walk, quality healthcare where nobody is scare of going, and lastly quality education that produce students that will be the backbone of the country, doing whatever they wish, like making robots or cars.

We should be like china, create our own identity, culture and way of life. Europe can go to hell, who are they to tell us whether we are poor or rich, smart or dumb. The only people can call bangladesh a 'first world country' is us and only us. We should provide our people with quality housing , roads with pathment to walk, quality healthcare where nobody is scare of going, and lastly quality education that produce students that will be the backbone of the country, doing whatever they wish, like making robots or cars.

Yes we can be North Korea.. and start living within our well. Or we can lean many things from them as they probably had 1000 years head start.

Yes we can be North Korea.. and start living within our well. Or we can lean many things from them as they probably had 1000 years head start.

Headstart by colonizing, terrorising and dehumanising other races and nations.

We can never be like them or as developed as them, it's a fact.

They did the what they had to do to get developed, and then they created the UN to bar anyone from challenging their superiority and now they give us the short end of the stick about moral superiority.

Anyone with as much as a bird brain, can figure it out. Unfortunately a few of our people like to be reminded of their inferiority every now and then when the Westerners put them in their place. Even more unfortunate some of us, have accepted subservience.

Besides, nobody is against cooperating and learning from/with them. I was only saying our definition of development will be different from theirs.

Headstart by colonizing, terrorising and dehumanising other races and nations.

We can never be like them or as developed as them, it's a fact.

They did the what they had to do to get developed, and then they created the UN to bar anyone from challenging their superiority and now they give us the short end of the stick about moral superiority.

Anyone with as much as a bird brain, can figure it out. Unfortunately a few of our people like to be reminded of their inferiority every now and then when the Westerners put them in their place. Even more unfortunate some of us, have accepted subservience.

Besides, nobody is against cooperating and learning from/with them. I was only saying our definition of development will be different from theirs.
Isaac Newton born long before 1757 Pallassey... Columbus was born before the dawn of new world. Keeping somebody's head inside the a$$ does not make him the lord of the world.

Isaac Newton born long before 1757 Pallassey... Columbus was born before the dawn of new world. Keeping somebody's head inside the a$$ does not make him the lord of the world.
Tell is why should we follow europe and not south korea or japan.

And there where other scientists back then, who were not European.

Just because the Europeans, were able to preserve their historical records doesn't mean nobody else was out there back then doing scientific research.

Nobody has got their head inside their backside, talk nicely or keep your remarks to yourself.

Tell is why should we follow europe and not south korea or japan.
S. Korea Japan followed west

Just because the Europeans, were able to preserve their historical records doesn't mean nobody else was out there back then doing scientific research.

Nobody has got their head inside their backside, talk nicely or keep your remarks to yourself.
Name me some scientist.. that I can start reading them.

S. Korea Japan followed west

South Korea's development was directly influenced by the US.

They wanted to show the power of capitalism and sway people in Asia away from communism by aiding South Korea's development.

Name me some scientist.. that I can start reading them.

Go Google about the Arab and Asian scientists. I don't need to name any for you, you are clearly smart enough to do that for yourself.

Typical Indian, just come to the border if you dare

.most of your generals come to Army Hospital, Kolkata for treatment
They can afford to go to Singapore, America for treatment if needed. Dhaka CMH is the best hospital in Bangladesh for treatment where Army personnel can get free treatment. Even former president, army general and opposition leader HM Ershad was treated in Dhaka CMH before his death. Even though he could easily could go to America. This means our Army generals trust Dhaka CMH. Why should they choose to go to Kolkata hospital? Are you serious about this claim? Can you provide any credible evidence supporting this claim of yours?
Lolz..at this thread where Bangladeshis are discussing about destroying Indian strategic assets in Bengal, NE, pulverizing Andaman! Guys, are you for real? What are you smoking these days?:rofl:Your top to bottom politicians are sold out..most of your generals come to Army Hospital, Kolkata for treatment and you are destroying Indian assets over here! You guys NEVER change!:rofl:
Nothing wrong discussing about military strategic goals.

Last edited:
My continuous stupidity or your continuous fabrication in previous post where you claimed that I said that Europeans were developed because of their crimes? First try to clean your own area beforfe blaming others .

Perhaps not as bad as yours .

Bangladesh is also doing good at IT section . And also making electronics and smart phones , there are countless thread related to it and debate with you and others . Bangladesh is doing well in pharmaceutical sectors .

I know what LDC is . However Your obsession with Pakistan or 1947 always amazed me . Or is it a reverse play; the real obsession with India , that since India was partitioned we lost value ? Whatever it is you know it better . But Please keep in mind that it's only Sheikh Hasina who started the development and the real process started after political stabilization after 2015 . Because after 2015 no public property was destroyed in the name of restoration of democracy .

Yes before Hasina Ershad did something good but he was compelled to stop .But your loving Khaleda Zia did not develop this country a bit . On the contrary in her second term she was the patroness of demons and also became a traitor to Bangladeshi people . So now she is suffering .

So your 73 years is a bogus , even 49 years of our independent time Bangladesh was only looted by ruling class , before Ershad was in power . And later Hasina is doing great ( Hasina did good in her 1996 term too , but from 2009 the real development of Bangladesh has started ) , so basically we have actually 11 years of development , and from it 6 years were the destruction time of public property by BNP, for the sake of your strong democracy!

I neither bash you nor others , this is not my business . It's a forum and all of us are just discussing . But what is your truth I know it very well . I know you are an expat and lived very little time in your country , so your basic knowledge of Bangladesh is limited to papers and you know that nothing is more useless than the knowledge that is just inside a book , ( গ্রন্থগত বিদ্যা আর পর হস্তে ধণ , নহে বিদ্যা নহে ধন হলে প্রয়োজন) and you can not understand the ground reality of Bangladesh .

You see what an Indian (Nilgiri ; who hypocritically used to claimed himself pro Bangladeshi ) always try to prove that 2/3 of Bangladeshi people do not wash their hand with soap after finishing toilet work ? See how terrible the knowledge of papers and statistics only ? He promoted it because it was UNICEF statistic , never even use brain ( if he really has it ) that the statistics is based on few hundreds of people and they could be fed and give misinformation .

All are to defame Bangladeshi people , all are based on paper and online data that is useless and never represent a country .

But you are a Bangladeshi , so please do not rely on statistics. Just look at the ground reality . Bangladesh is doing much better comparing past days .And the development process had started only before 11 years , not 49 years ago .
@Atlas by any chance are you a girl? I heard that there is a female Bangladeshi member in this forum who's name starts with A. I could not find any except your name.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom