What's new

Bangladesh Airforce inviting tender for 8 MRCA

J-31 is in a completely different league than J-10b.
J-31s would eat J-10bs for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

J-10bs are for the here and now and J-31s will start arriving by mid-2020s when they are ready.

Personally I forsee the ten squadrons of BAF fighter fleet to look like following by 2030:

1. 2 squadrons of SU-30SME
2. 4 squadrons of J-10b
3. 4 squadrons of J-31.

Without J-31, BAF wont be able to provide a credible deterrent to it's only military threat India.
But hasn't it been always a part of forces goal that there should be 6 air superiority and 4 multi role sqd? I don't get this.... j-10c is similar in capabilities to j31.... the c version will have incorporated avionics and sensors from j20.

But hasn't it been always a part of forces goal that there should be 6 air superiority and 4 multi role sqd? I don't get this.... j-10c is similar in capabilities to j31.... the c version will have incorporated avionics and sensors from j20.

J-31 is 5th generation and J-10 is 4th generation.
Stealth is a major factor in air combat.
No matter how much you upgrade a 4th generation fighter, it will get killed easily by a 5th generation one.
Dont fall for the Rafale marketing hype that it can take on 5th generation fighters with upgrades - lol

I cannot obviously know the mix of squadrons by 2030 in BAF, but I am as sure as I can be that top-brass in BAF are already planning on acquiring the J-31 due to cost/performance/availability reasons.

No matter how much you upgrade a 4th generation fighter, it will get killed easily by a 5th generation one.
Dont fall for the Rafale marketing hype that it can take on 5th generation fighters with upgrades - lol

I cannot obviously know the mix of squadrons by 2030 in BAF, but I am as sure as I can be that top-brass in BAF are already planning on acquiring the J-31 due to cost/performance/availability reasons.
The effectiveness of stealth is still unproven at large...
also stealth doesn't really work well in humid climate
The reason why the f22 and b2 crash happened. Humidity effects stealth coating negatively.
I don't want to go on more technical detail because this is a forum thread and it's time consuming.
And the point that 4th gen fighter being easily killed by a fifth gen one is so vague.

But do you think navy would accept Air Force fighters? I think they would rather buy new.

I don't see why BN would object to accepting an old inventory in the interim till its air arm is well trained and well equipped.

Saudi had placed big order on FC31.

The reason why the f22 and b2 crash happened. Humidity effects stealth coating negatively.
I don't want to go on more technical detail because this is a forum thread and it's time consuming.
And the point that 4th gen fighter being easily killed by a fifth gen one is so vague.
It has been proved. 4th gen didn't have a chance to stand for it at all. It's a slaughter.

If we don't have J20, PLAAF will be slaughtered by USAAF and its alliance. We used to not buying American's hyperbole that F22 can beat the shit out of F15 and F16. Now we have to believe cause J20 beat Su30MKK with 10:0 in PLAAF's DACT.

It's slaughtered.

The new generation coating solve the problem already. Like the coating on J20 and F35.

Saudi had placed big order on FC31.

It has been proved. 4th gen didn't have a chance to stand for it at all. It's a slaughter.

If we don't have J20, PLAAF will be slaughtered by USAAF and its alliance. We used to not buying American's hyperbole that F22 can beat the shit out of F15 and F16. Now we have to believe cause J20 beat Su30MKK with 10:0 in PLAAF's DACT.

It's slaughtered.
Don't you think that's more because of electronics on board than the stealth factor? I would like to see j20 vs su35 or a mki variant of 30 instead.

i already figured the 10 sqd. of forces goal 2030.
3 sqd. Su 30 SME
3 sqd. J10B
this two are before 2025
4sqd. J31 within 2025-2030.

This looks very sensible and will give BD an air-force that can take on any air-force in the region.

We need several squadrons of top multi-role to counter IAF. Perhaps we will see many of this item plus the Mig-29 sqn revamped. However, my assessment is that our F-7s will be replaced with Chinese ac eventually to be our deadly counter threat.

Counter IAF ??? Am I missing something I though things were ok with India but there is a dispute with other neighbor

Just curious

Back
Top Bottom