What's new

Bangladesh Airforce inviting tender for 8 MRCA

Yes.
Money is the base of everything.

But the Bengal Tiger is a very fierce big cat .

upload_2017-4-27_12-50-34.png

8 or 12 unit?

We need several squadrons of top multi-role to counter IAF. Perhaps we will see many of this item plus the Mig-29 sqn revamped. However, my assessment is that our F-7s will be replaced with Chinese ac eventually to be our deadly counter threat.

We need several squadrons of top multi-role to counter IAF. Perhaps we will see many of this item plus the Mig-29 sqn revamped. However, my assessment is that our F-7s will be replaced with Chinese ac eventually to be our deadly counter threat.

Remember forces plan will only be completed by 2030.
We will likely see more squadrons of Su-30SMEs as BD economy grows and more revenue is available. However, Do not expect more than 2-3 squadrons in total as BD air-force will also buy J-10bs and J-31s to complete it's modernisation.

Remember forces plan will only be completed by 2030.
We will likely see more squadrons of Su-30SMEs as BD economy grows and more revenue is available. However, Do not expect more than 2-3 squadrons in total as BD air-force will also buy J-10bs and J-31s to complete it's modernisation.

Couple of squadron of J-10s need to be ordered by 2018. But I m afraid that after this acquisition our defense budget will balloon billions of dollar per year. It will not take much to reach 6-8 billions by 2021

Couple of squadron of J-10s need to be ordered by 2018. But I m afraid that after this acquisition our defense budget will balloon billions of dollar per year. It will not take much to reach 6-8 billions by 2021

This is affordable just by keeping defence spending constant as a percentage of GDP.

BD economy is likely to grow 8-9% average between now and 2030.

PS - Remember China will almost certainly sell it's arms at cost price and easy repayment terms spread over 5-10 years.

1.Wikipedia does not mention the Blk ME. Could it be this:
ASMs:Kh-31P/A anti-radar/ship missiles, 6× Kh-29T/L laser guided missiles, 2× Kh-59ME

2. We ought to refuse reject the MKI version and prefer the MMK model. The former has Indian input while the latter s a model designed for our ally China.

Back
Top Bottom