What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Even if it doesn't somehow, cost to procure and maintain military gears will rise as always. We have to increase military welfare too.

Still it is enough to maintain a small airforce like 160 aircraft. Besides armed forces has to defend a massive economy by then.

Bd won't do the stupid mistake of Pakistan of try and build Air Force with fighters of various kinds... it's suicide.
J-10 and su30 makes sense with engine commonality...
J31 and j10 with su 30 in a time frame of 2030 is ridiculous. J31 more probably after 2030... not before that.

Still it is enough to maintain a small airforce like 160 aircraft. Besides armed forces has to defend a massive economy by then.
160 is a small airforce? I'd hate to see a medium sized one then..

Bd won't do the stupid mistake of Pakistan of try and build Air Force with fighters of various kinds... it's suicide.
J-10 and su30 makes sense with engine commonality...
J31 and j10 with su 30 in a time frame of 2030 is ridiculous. J31 more probably after 2030... not before that.
I agree with you regarding j-31. Yet it will also depend on Indian induction of PAK FA.
To be a practical war planner i will certainly keep at least 1/2 a squadron of stealth fighter to train our no stealth fighter.

160 is a small airforce? I'd hate to see a medium sized one then..

When you have massive armies all around 160 looks tiny

So 10 squadrons of modern multi-role aircraft. how much do you think the aircraft itself and its related weapons, training and other infrastructure needed to maintain that number will cost?

Beyond the cost. What is the purpose? People spouting lists with no basis in reality piss me off. Forces goal 2030
or whatever is fine. But having a mix of nearly 100 Flankers, J-10B, and FC-31 is incredulous to me, and for that matter by 13 yrs.

Ridiculous!

The mix is actually 160 SU-30SMEs, J-10B and FC-31 by 2030 and that is realistic.

How good are you at mathematics? If you are poor at this then no need to discuss further.

BD GDP spending on defence is at around 1.5-1.6% when arms purchases are take into account, and so it is now at around 3.2 billion US dollars with a GDP of 250 billion dollars.
BD economy is set to hit 1 trillion US dollars by 2030. Let us reduce this figure by 30% to take into account inflation and so we have an economy of 700 billion dollars in today's money. That would make the defence budget 10 billion US dollars today.

10 billion US dollars is ample money to support an air-force that will be compact at around 250 aircraft of all types.

Only an ability to run mathematics in your head like a calculator will allow anyone to understand why BD's planners are spot on with this "Force Goal 2030" plan.

I agree with you regarding j-31. Yet it will also depend on Indian induction of PAK FA.
To be a practical war planner i will certainly keep at least 1/2 a squadron of stealth fighter to train our no stealth fighter.

J-31 will start arriving in BD airfoce by 2025. 2030 is too far as BD has a stated goal to deter India by 2030 and not after

The mix is actually 160 SU-30SMEs, J-10B and FC-31 by 2030 and that is realistic.

How good are you at mathematics? If you are poor at this then no need to discuss further.

BD GDP spending on defence is at around 1.5-1.6% when arms purchases are take into account, and so it is now at around 3.2 billion US dollars with a GDP of 250 billion dollars.
BD economy is set to hit 1 trillion US dollars by 2030. Let us reduce this figure by 30% to take into account inflation and so we have an economy of 700 billion dollars in today's money. That would make the defence budget 10 billion US dollars today.

10 billion US dollars is ample money to support an air-force that will be compact at around 250 aircraft of all types.

Only an ability to run mathematics in your head like a calculator will allow anyone to understand why BD's planners are spot on with this "Force Goal 2030" plan.

J-31 will start arriving in BD airfoce by 2025. 2030 is too far as BD has a stated goal to deter India by 2030 and not after

How old are you man like 12? Typical fan boi statements.

Bangladesh with 160 4+ gen fighters. Lol. what are you smoking?

And furthermore, who would all those planes be for? Please dont say India....

I don't see how you guys can get it at 2025, way too early considering we're in 2017, it will need to finish its various testing and since its not a priority jet of the Chinese it won't go as fast as the J20.

How old are you man like 12? Typical fan boi statements.

Bangladesh with 160 4+ gen fighters. Lol. what are you smoking?

And furthermore, who would all those planes be for? Please dont say India....

So you are poor at mathematics then?
No need to bother trying to discuss mathematical
topics with the likes of you then.

So you are poor at mathematics then?
No need to bother trying to discuss mathematical
topics with the likes of you then.

Taking your calculation into account, a 10 billion dollar defence budget will not only be for maintaining a fleet of 250 aircrafts, but the remainder of the 2 sections as well. Our navy is big and it will only get bigger by years, with more subs, helicopters and fleet vessels to come. Not to forget Army, which stands at 400k (correct me if I am wrong) and should touch around 550k-600k by that time. That is a formidable force along with newer equipments that will come. You need money to maintain that as well.

250 modern aircrafts are a big number you are talking about.

I think when stealth will become an absolute requirement considering the economy will be steonGwr... I would like to think PAK FA and j31 bought will be bought...

Well I think BAF can cut down the FA numbers from 160 to 120 with each squadron consisting of 12 fighters. Although, traditional BAF FA squadrons are 16 units; a 12 units squadron is not a bad number. This initiative might just work out the problems regarding budgetary limitations.

Well, I'm no expert but a simple idea!!!

Back
Top Bottom