What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

THe assemble Yaks and Sukhois in the same plant side by side? Thats a bit weird.
It cant be an assembly plant! Its likely a maintenance workshop... :-)
i mean like the russian propaganda videos that i have been seeing.... they used some footage of this building and plane saying it was assembly plant... then other footage showed sukhoi 30/35 production plant and it wasz serial assembly.... but then yeah most likely a maintenance shop.

Guys, seen a classified drone made by BAC. Rail propelled and parachute assisted landing... its super sleek though! Main purpose is BEV of battlefield/ military compounds etc

Some source also tells me 1 y-20 is in pipeline for Bangladesh Air Force goals. Apparently running multiple cargo runs at times hikes up cost for planes sized around c-130

Syed Amar Khanto BDMilitary+
10 hrs ·
Its official - BAF is purchasing a good number of aircraft, helicopters and radar systems from Italy. This next lot of purchase includes C-27J TTA, AW139 MSARH, AW109 ULH and RAT-31DL ASR.

Evan Ahmed Shafi As I heard from an authentic source BAF will buy 3X C-27J, 2X AW-139, UAV system, Another Selex RAT-31DL from Italy.

BAF will buy 1X strategic transport (Y-20), 1X AEW&C (KJ-200), 7X K-8w, 16X J-10B from China.

BAF will buy 2X Training Helicopter from USA or any European County

https://www.bdmilitary.com/…/bangladesh-air-force-buy-ital…/

Syed Amar Khanto BDMilitary+
10 hrs ·
Its official - BAF is purchasing a good number of aircraft, helicopters and radar systems from Italy. This next lot of purchase includes C-27J TTA, AW139 MSARH, AW109 ULH and RAT-31DL ASR.

Evan Ahmed Shafi As I heard from an authentic source BAF will buy 3X C-27J, 2X AW-139, UAV system, Another Selex RAT-31DL from Italy.

BAF will buy 1X strategic transport (Y-20), 1X AEW&C (KJ-200), 7X K-8w, 16X J-10B from China.

BAF will buy 2X Training Helicopter from USA or any European County

https://www.bdmilitary.com/…/bangladesh-air-force-buy-ital…/

we are buying too many different transport helicopter and transport plane it will rise the cost a lot

Never put your eggs in one basket, diversify, avoid being reliant on a single source.

we are buying too many different transport helicopter and transport plane it will rise the cost a lot
C 27 most probably to replace An 32.
And no, we are buying Bell, AW & Mil. That's three different platform in threw different weight -Role catagory. So no they are not buying too many of too ultimately different eggs. We are buying different eggs of different birds with different purposes.

What we are doing is like buying basket for every egg.

something big fishy is there these are resale able planes plus they said hard to find part . most probably Afghanistan could not afford the parts plus C27 is not that old model plane you can buy brand new and used up to you
. parts are able in italy UK or in USA

i could be wrong some one can say better

if we have C27 J then we need USA permission

Afgan Air Force had the old, out of production A variant. The problem they faced was logistical & shortage of spare, which was out of production. Peantagon bought those from Italian air force, and signed a contract with Alenia for spares & training. But as the spares was out of production both alenia & Pentagon was unable to support the fleet & ANAAF fleet were sitting on the ground most of the time. US tried to bypass this logistical problem but due to contractual reason couldn't do so. IMO that deal was a scam to begin with. This problem had nothing to do with the aircraft itself .

something big fishy is there these are resale able planes plus they said hard to find part . most probably Afghanistan could not afford the parts plus C27 is not that old model plane you can buy brand new and used up to you
. parts are able in italy UK or in USA

i could be wrong some one can say better

if we have C27 J then we need USA permission
We don't unless we buy from USAF's reserve or EDA.

Last edited:
Hello, everyone. I'm new to this forum. I ask for guidance from all the senior members.

Well, we needed a replacement for our old an-32s. c-27j would prove to be a worthy replacement. moreover in future we can get mc-27j istar and ec-27 jedi development of the same platform which will be a huge boost to baf arsenal. well this is just my personal opinion. baf planners would know better.

i like the idea of a y-20. but for kj-200 i'm not so sure. why don't they go for kj-500?

finally, i'm really looking forward to the j-10b!!!

:-):cheers:

Hello, everyone. I'm new to this forum. I ask for guidance from all the senior members.

Well, we needed a replacement for our old an-32s. c-27j would prove to be a worthy replacement. moreover in future we can get mc-27j istar and ec-27 jedi development of the same platform which will be a huge boost to baf arsenal. well this is just my personal opinion. baf planners would know better.

i like the idea of a y-20. but for kj-200 i'm not so sure. why don't they go for kj-500?

finally, i'm really looking forward to the j-10b!!!

:-):cheers:
Welcome to the forum. You can visit
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/chill-bangladesh-thread.362263/page-26#post-9485441
& introduce with other BD members. :-)

Y-20 we should go for at least 3 planes will be perfect for all mission for BD armed Forces
KJ-200 is not that based on Y8 and it is the older model why are we going for this
(may be it will be off the self and will be a lot cheaper )
why not the KJ 2000 which is newer model and better

Back
Top Bottom