What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

I highly doubt it. But 300Km is only meant to restrict missile, SY400 is a rocket launcher.

If China sell SY400 to Myanmar, can you see through any reason behind it?
I don't know. China is not like US who always links armament sales with political requirement.
If they insist buying it , it is hard for China to refuse cause Burmar is a friendly nation of China generally.

I don't know. China is not like US who always links armament sales with political requirement.
If they insist buying it , it is hard for China to refuse cause Burmar is a friendly nation of China generally.
Yeh, you are right. BD can have it as well. But what if it turn to be a arm race?

Yeh, you are right. BD can have it as well. But what if it turn to be a arm race?
If they want an arm race , there will be one ,no matter who they buy weapon from.
A few nations like Russia and Ukraine could provide similar weapon.

The missile of advanced SAM is sometimes more expensive than its target short range ballistic missile.

Thats true.. yet BD has no intention to fire missile to some population center in Myanmar. So ballistic missile has not use for us.
And how many MM could fire? 50-100!! then what will they do? Its only the weaker state which resort to missile program thinking they can destroy the enemy without leaving their living room. But real battle is fought in the war field not in the living room.

Capture.JPG

Thats true.. yet BD has no intention to fire missile to some population center in Myanmar. So ballistic missile has not use for us.
And how many MM could fire? 50-100!! then what will they do? Its only the weaker state which resort to missile program thinking they can destroy the enemy without leaving their living room. But real battle is fought in the war field not in the living room.
Such weapon is not suitable for the civil target for which the unguided rocket is more cost-efficient .

Such weapon is not suitable for the civil target for which the unguided rocket is more cost-efficient .
Guided or unguided it is very hard to make any real damage to military target with ballistic missile without thermo nuclear warhead or in hypersonic speed as they are pretty much defensively protected. I would rather try with cruise missiles which can fly in very low altitude.

Last edited:
Guided or unguided it is very hard to make any real damage to military target with ballistic missile without thermo nuclear warhead or in hypersonic speed as they are pretty much defensively protected. I would rather try with cruise missiles which can fly in very altitude.
Do you think the cruise missile is more difficult to intercept than the SRBM ?

I don't think so.
Cruise missile as kind of a small and low-speed jet guilded by GPS is easy to hard-kill or soft-kill.

Ya but your radar wont see them over the horizon. The moment you realize it is over your head.

Ya but your radar wont see them over the horizon. The moment you realize it is over your head.
No, the detecting range of radar for a cruise missile is not too short for a SAM to react totally.
If you have muilt-layer SAM system and AWACs, it will not be hard to counter quite a few of cruise missiles.
Even the modern AA gun could shoot down cruise missiles.

Back
Top Bottom