What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

KF 21 expected development cost is even now slashed further as Indonesia as 20 % partner only need to contribute financially at 1.35 billion USD, previous cost for Indonesia is 1.8 billion USD. Beside total reduction of expected development cost, It also means KF21/IFX program managers seems quite confident to offer plane at 65-75 million USD per plane, much affordable than Rafale and Eurofighter. Just compare Rafale and Eurofighter development cost with expected KF21/IFX program development cost.

Recent renegotiation also show increase of Indonesia components, particularly for fuselage as 50 % of wings and tails for all KF21 will be supplied by Indonesia as sole supplier of fuselage component of the plane outside Korea. This could be also make the total cost is decreasing, but we need to see whether the program would be a success and can complete its development in 2026 inshaAllah.

With stealth wingman drone capability, it can give more damage if the mission is bombing. Until now, it is not clear whether the wingman capability can turn to have AA missile as well.

This is why the BD strategy could be focusing more on other thing (Navy, Army, SAM system, trainer aircraft, LCA etc) until 2026 before making KF 21 as their bulk MRCA fighters. It is cost effective as Myanmar is likely to get China Stealth MRCA and India is now getting serious in their AMCA program and will roll out the plane in 2026 based on their recent plan. Both India and Myanmar will not likely to create any future conflict on BD for the next 20 years, particularly by seeing USA and European nations will be still quite strong until 2035 and will impose sanction to any aggressor and oil, gas, coal are still quite strategic commodities where Islamic nations are still the main suppliers of those commodities in which Indian economy still depend alot on it.

The year 2040 forward is the period where I see quite challenging for BD and India will have more influence due to its economic and military power, not mentioning if they can reduce the significant of fossil fuel contribution on their economy thus will be in much stronger position if Muslim nations impose embargo on India if they attack BD ( something that I dont see within India interest, but I want to think like many BD members here seeing India as possible threat) . And China raise and its close relationship with Myanmar, and possible Myanmar rapid development in 2030-2040 if they can get rid the military ruling where I expect could happen in 2027-2030

BAF can easily invest in KF-21 and T-50 in exchange for ToT but lacks vision.

KF-21 investment would nicely set BAF up for eventual replacement of all F-7s as well as adoption of future tech as KF-21 is expected to keep evolving over the coming decades.
T-50's would allow easier transition to Western fighters and KF-21.
The Yak-130's can be sold off to other countries.

Last edited:
American jets are cheaper than Russian in the long run (except for f-35) , and cheaper than european alternatives to procure because of economies of scale. Bd can afford F-16V.

Russian/Eastern fighters require heavy maintenance (like indian su-30mki that has a vey low availability rate) and have to sit in the hanger most of the time. They are less fuel efficient (this is by design to have high TWR). Western engines have have longer lives and require less overhauls throughout their service life.

Mix of used (upgraded to V standard) and new F-16s will be good option for BAF to have very capable force.

For top fighter EFT or Rafale r good and for advance work horse fighter F-16 or JAS-39 NG combo will be very potent yo have.

Interesting is that Leonardo was moved off the Indian blacklist recently as @F-6 enthusiast Bhai reported. Indians may be buying stuff from AgustaWestland soon.

They did it to stop them supplying equipment to Pakistan as they have signed many contracts and many are in pipeline.

This is an article written by el haguni aka Raihan Al Beruni aka Ryan Smith aka Global Defence Corp aka @araberuni aka @polanski aka @Bradman and heavily edited by Dhaka Tribune to eliminate grammatical errors.
okay i didn't realise it was him tbh.

DEFSECA is famous.

Congrats!

You guys got a rise out of some people!

Carry on!

@Avicenna bhai it always amazes me that these Dui takar "intellectuals" in Kolkata can steer "Bangladesh-hater" pubic opinion in India. As everyone already knows these jokers are on BJP/VHP payroll.

Bangladesh is a sovereign state, not a part of India. We can and will decide what we want as an MRC platform. We don't have to ask the likes of Tathagata Roy for their opinion. And to suggest that we are buying this to "attack India" is the height of lunacy. Even for a guy like Tathagata Roy.

Next watch me opine on what India should induct for their next "stealth" aircraft - and whether they plan to "attack" Bangladesh with it!

Second meeting between USAF chief and BAF counterpart this year.

Interesting right?

1637827250515.jpeg

The fact that both of them are 4 star generals is the biggest joke of the century. 1 star is perfect for the BAF chief given the fleet size.

Is the salary hugely different between a 1 star and 4 star rank person. I am a civilian, I have no idea.

Rank may be due to number of staff under command - rather than fleet size?

Second meeting between USAF chief and BAF counterpart this year.

Interesting right?

View attachment 796490

Bussi. Wink, wink, nudge... 8-)

raphale had ~50% availability compared to RAF typhoons 65%
whereas f-16 managed to get 83% availability.
the ''omnirole'' bs is just a marketing term that dassault brags about was achieved by the F-18,F-16 decades ago. Been there done that.

KF 21 expected development cost is even now slashed further as Indonesia as 20 % partner only need to contribute financially at 1.35 billion USD, previous cost for Indonesia is 1.8 billion USD. Beside total reduction of expected development cost, It also means KF21/IFX program managers seems quite confident to offer plane at 65-75 million USD per plane, much affordable than Rafale and Eurofighter. Just compare Rafale and Eurofighter development cost with expected KF21/IFX program development cost.

Recent renegotiation also show increase of Indonesia components, particularly for fuselage as 50 % of wings and tails for all KF21 will be supplied by Indonesia as sole supplier of fuselage component of the plane outside Korea. This could be also make the total cost is decreasing, but we need to see whether the program would be a success and can complete its development in 2026 inshaAllah.

With stealth wingman drone capability, it can give more damage if the mission is bombing. Until now, it is not clear whether the wingman capability can turn to have AA missile as well.

This is why the BD strategy could be focusing more on other thing (Navy, Army, SAM system, trainer aircraft, LCA etc) until 2026 before making KF 21 as their bulk MRCA fighters. It is cost effective as Myanmar is likely to get China Stealth MRCA and India is now getting serious in their AMCA program and will roll out the plane in 2026 based on their recent plan. Both India and Myanmar will not likely to create any future conflict on BD for the next 20 years, particularly by seeing USA and European nations will be still quite strong until 2035 and will impose sanction to any aggressor and oil, gas, coal are still quite strategic commodities where Islamic nations are still the main suppliers of those commodities in which Indian economy still depend alot on it.

The year 2040 forward is the period where I see quite challenging for BD and India will have more influence due to its economic and military power, not mentioning if they can reduce the significant of fossil fuel contribution on their economy thus will be in much stronger position if Muslim nations impose embargo on India if they attack BD ( something that I dont see within India interest, but I want to think like many BD members here seeing India as possible threat) . And China raise and its close relationship with Myanmar, and possible Myanmar rapid development in 2030-2040 if they can get rid the military ruling where I expect could happen in 2027-2030

Myanmar will not buy any Chinese stealth. They might get the new Su 75 checkmate. Its cheaper and its a Gen 5 jet.

I still maintain Bangladesh doesn't have an airforce. It has a gentleman's flying club instead. I can't think of the worst airforce relative to population and economy size.

No major procurements for what, 20 years? Yak-130s, a handful of C-130J, groms, aren't major procurements. Not least because they do not combat platforms, which doesn't add to our airpower, but we didn't buy that many of them in the first place.

Honestly, I can't think of a single defense community that gets so excited by something so small as the Bangladeshi one. It's the only sort of place fanboys get super excited by the acquisition of MAN or IVECO general-purpose trucks. The same sort of trucks I see carrying large skips full of rubbish in my town.

It's cringeworthy as ****.

I still maintain Bangladesh doesn't have an airforce. It has a gentleman's flying club instead. I can't think of the worst airforce relative to population and economy size.

No major procurements for what, 20 years? Yak-130s, a handful of C-130J, groms, aren't major procurements. Not least because they do not combat platforms, which doesn't add to our airpower, but we didn't buy that many of them in the first place.

Honestly, I can't think of a single defense community that gets so excited by something so small as the Bangladeshi one. It's the only sort of place fanboys get super excited by the acquisition of MAN or IVECO general-purpose trucks. The same sort of trucks I see carrying large skips full of rubbish in my town.

It's cringeworthy as ****.

We all feel as you do but cling to hope of a turn around. This is why people gets excited.....

Back
Top Bottom