What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Leonardo is an existing, proven supplier. We can buy stuff from them for both BAF and BN.
No point in bringing in Dassault into the picture. Besides, France is at odds with both UK and US. No benefit in siding with France at this point in time.
to play devil's advocate:
The EFT costs more to procure and run than the raphale.Plus the french might be willing to supply SCALPE like they did to Egypt. it'll give us parity vs iaf raffle and superiority over burmese jf-17, su-30.
i personally want the EFT as it is a better Air-to-Air platform but oh well if the option is between thumbtwiddlejet and raphale , ill gladly take raphale.
Indonesia might buy some as well
Indonesia signs letter of intent to buy 36 Rafale fighters (aerotime.aero) @Indos
I hope you all saved the DEFSECA posts about how raphale aint coming.

jets to fly reasonable hours
''moddhom ayer desh '' should be able to handle 16 jets. Basically its the BAF saying ''put your money where your mouth is'' to the gov.

Last edited:
The EFT costs more to procure and run than the raphale.Plus the french might be willing to supply SCALPE like they did to Egypt. it'll give us parity vs iaf raffle and superiority over burmese jf-17, su-30.
i personally want the EFT as it is a better Air-to-Air platform but oh well if the option is between thumbtwiddlejet and raphale , ill gladly take raphale.
Indonesia signs letter of intent to buy 36 Rafale fighters (aerotime.aero) @Indos

The acquisition program hasnt been approved by both Minister of Planning and Minister of Finance. If we dont pay Down Payment until Desember 2021, then the contract will be cancelled.

You can understand the problem by watching this video, use English translation.

The acquisition program hasnt been approved by both Minister of Planning and Minister of Finance. If we dont pay Down Payment until Desember 2021, then the contract will be cancelled.

its not a concrete deal then. Understood.

Rafale or twin engine fighters makes sense for Indonesia given its vast territory and need for naval strike capability

its not a concrete deal then. Understood.

1.1 billion USD has been approved. I believe Minister of Planning and Minister of Finance force Prabowo Subianto to buy F 16 instead with that money, enough to buy 12-14 F 16 V while it is intended to fill previous F 5 squadron that has 12 planes.

The squadron is in Iswahyudi base where there are already F 16 C/D and F 16 MLU. It means the infrastructure and trained technicians are already ready. Weapons are ready to use (AMRAMM/Sidewinder/Maverick), while separate acquisition to buy more AMRAMM and Sidewinder have already been approved by Minister of Planning ( I believe MoF also has approved as well)

1636378110917.png

Rafale or twin engine fighters makes sense for Indonesia given its vast territory and need for naval strike capability

F 16 V has more fuel tank capacity

1636378363498.png

So you guys buying or nah?

So you guys buying or nah?

I dont think we are going to buy Rafale, I think Indonesia will buy F 16 V. Those in our Planning Ministry and MoF wants cost effective fighters. Why do we need to add more fighter type, making the operation more complicated. Better simplify it and get cost effective fighters like F 16 V.

So if we have another 12 planes, so we will have 45 F 16, 16 Sukhoi 30/27, 32 Hawk 200/100, and 20 TA 50 Golden Eagle ( we just order another 6 planes recently )

1636380385564.png

1.1 billion USD has been approved. I believe Minister of Planning and Minister of Finance force Prabowo Subianto to buy F 16 instead with that money, enough to buy 12-14 F 16 V while it is intended to fill previous F 5 squadron that has 12 planes.
:o:

Do you guys offer ToT for Ministry of Planning and Ministry of Finance? We need to replace ours urgently. I am happy to sign paperwork right now.

:o:

Do you guys offer ToT for Ministry of Planning and Ministry of Finance? We need to replace ours urgently. I am happy to sign paperwork right now.

Those 2 persons are vital in any program. Prabowo cannot just sign contract and hope he will be financed automatically.

Our people in Finance Ministry is really powerful and so far this guys are very economic centric, even it is hard to get KF 21 financing from them. I do hope in Friday good news about renegotiation inshaAllah will happen on KF 21 /IFX program.

1636380983912.png

''moddhom ayer desh '' should be able to handle 16 jets. Basically its the BAF saying ''put your money where your mouth is'' to the gov.
My problem with Rafale is the commonality of platform with IAF which would inevitably lead to more hob-knob with BAF which I despise. Besides, in the event of conflict, India will arm twist Dassault into halting supplies to BAF. They may not have the same degree of success with Leonardo.

My problem with Rafale is the commonality of platform with IAF which would inevitably lead to more hob-knob with BAF which I despise. Besides, in the event of conflict, India will arm twist Dassault into halting supplies to BAF. They may not have the same degree of success with Leonardo.
there's a set of problems:
1. they'll know the strenghts and weaknesses of the raffle.

2. Another thing is that raffel isn't NATO integrated to the level that the EFT is. meaning you cant use AMRAAMs , mavericks , HARM.
la france can price gouge their items. They are shady businessmen
Bear in mind that we are signing the deal with Americans for future acquisitions and that F-7 will someday be replaced by F-16s.

I was always in favour of EFT, still am. We'll have to see what happens tomorrow.

They may not have the same degree of success with Leonardo

they got blacklisted by the indian mod for some reason ?
they got blacklisted by the indian mod for some reason ?
Spoke too soon. They lifted the ban a few hours ago

Last edited:
The Indians claimed these aren’t Indians but Chinese 😂 and the Chinese looking victors are Gorkas
lol they claim its actors from BD :rofl: . its been almost 1.5 years since this clash, why didn't they make any noise when ''BD actors who were hired by China'' were handed back to them ? why now ?

Back
Top Bottom