What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

My problem with Rafale is the commonality of platform with IAF which would inevitably lead to more hob-knob with BAF which I despise. Besides, in the event of conflict, India will arm twist Dassault into halting supplies to BAF. They may not have the same degree of success with Leonardo.

Interesting is that Leonardo was moved off the Indian blacklist recently as @F-6 enthusiast Bhai reported. Indians may be buying stuff from AgustaWestland soon.

This blog confirmed that Bangladesh did get delivery of Wing Loong II. I don't know if anyone can confirm.

156911781_261551022211356_3723175647456053774_n.jpg

Love the Rafale.

Just don't like the fact both India and Bangladesh would potentially be flying the same type.

Last edited:
L-39 video. This was rather well done I think.

Lovely video!

Watching this video is bittersweet.

There is so much potential for BAF.

If only some muppets would get their acts together!

Please just get the Eurofighter and then plan on a purchase of a single seat Western type for numbers. (Buying Rafale, as great as a platform it is, is a major mistake)

And push the training.

Train with the West.

And start to indigenize in a meaningful way.

Don't let politics get in the way of capability.

Last edited:
Lovely video!

Watching this video is bittersweet.

There is so much potential for BAF.

If only some muppets would get their acts together!

Please just get the Eurofighter and then plan on a purchase of a single seat Western type for numbers. (Buying Rafale, as great as a platform it is, is a major mistake)

And push the training.

Train with the West.

And start to indigenize in a meaningful way.

Don't let politics get in the way of capability.

Wise words spoken - bhai.... :-)

Did someone hack Defseca on my behalf? :blink:

P.S. - I know this is Ashiq's writing. He has an epiphany regarding BAF once a year when he spits out its harsh reality. The below is for 2021.

this is unnatural of him, there's no bootlicking in this post or arguments about how BAF operates the most advanced trainers.
remember his posts about how rafale was never gonna make it to BAF ?

An undelivered promise | Dhaka Tribune
apparently F-18E/F and gripen ng were not considered to bid for the MRCA programme.
Hopefully, someone with power reads it and does something about it.
unfortunately they wont. And there's no way to hold them accountable for ignoring national security.

this is unnatural of him, there's no bootlicking in this post or arguments about how BAF operates the most advanced trainers.
remember his posts about how rafale was never gonna make it to BAF ?
This is why I identified the above post as his annual epiphany for 2021. Amra's views fluctuate based on the following key factors:
  1. What may sound edgy at that given point it time (i.e., follow the direction of wind)
  2. Whom he is beefing with (Defres, etc.) at that point in time (he must state the opposite)
  3. What mood he is in
An undelivered promise | Dhaka Tribune
apparently F-18E/F and gripen ng were not considered to bid for the MRCA programme.

This is an article written by el haguni aka Raihan Al Beruni aka Ryan Smith aka Global Defence Corp aka @araberuni aka @polanski aka @Bradman and heavily edited by Dhaka Tribune to eliminate grammatical errors.

While I agree with some of his opinions, take any claims he makes with a grain of salt.

@ghost250

Last edited:
This is why I identified the above post as his annual epiphany for 2021. Amra's views fluctuate based on the following key factors:
  1. What may sound edgy at that given point it time (i.e., follow the direction of wind)
  2. Whom he is beefing with (Defres, etc.) at that point in time (he must state the opposite)
  3. What mood he is in

This is an article written by el haguni aka Raihan Al Beruni aka Ryan Smith aka Global Defence Corp aka @araberuni aka @polanski aka @Bradman and heavily edited by Dhaka Tribune to eliminate grammatical errors.

While I agree with some of his opinions, take any claims he makes with a grain of salt.

@ghost250

I don't know how these two became (armchair) military strategists.

Do they have an actual background in the air-force or any military services?

On a more practical note, they should do away with the paywall (either of these two sites) - it seems like they don't have a whole bunch of people lining up to get the inside scoop on Bangladesh military purchases.

KF 21 expected development cost is even now slashed further as Indonesia as 20 % partner only need to contribute financially at 1.35 billion USD, previous cost for Indonesia is 1.8 billion USD. Beside total reduction of expected development cost, It also means KF21/IFX program managers seems quite confident to offer plane at 65-75 million USD per plane, much affordable than Rafale and Eurofighter. Just compare Rafale and Eurofighter development cost with expected KF21/IFX program development cost.

Recent renegotiation also show increase of Indonesia components, particularly for fuselage as 50 % of wings and tails for all KF21 will be supplied by Indonesia as sole supplier of fuselage component of the plane outside Korea. This could be also make the total cost is decreasing, but we need to see whether the program would be a success and can complete its development in 2026 inshaAllah.

With stealth wingman drone capability, it can give more damage if the mission is bombing. Until now, it is not clear whether the wingman capability can turn to have AA missile as well.

This is why the BD strategy could be focusing more on other thing (Navy, Army, SAM system, trainer aircraft, LCA etc) until 2026 before making KF 21 as their bulk MRCA fighters. It is cost effective as Myanmar is likely to get China Stealth MRCA and India is now getting serious in their AMCA program and will roll out the plane in 2026 based on their recent plan. Both India and Myanmar will not likely to create any future conflict on BD for the next 20 years, particularly by seeing USA and European nations will be still quite strong until 2035 and will impose sanction to any aggressor and oil, gas, coal are still quite strategic commodities where Islamic nations are still the main suppliers of those commodities in which Indian economy still depend alot on it.

The year 2040 forward is the period where I see quite challenging for BD and India will have more influence due to its economic and military power, not mentioning if they can reduce the significant of fossil fuel contribution on their economy thus will be in much stronger position if Muslim nations impose embargo on India if they attack BD ( something that I dont see within India interest, but I want to think like many BD members here seeing India as possible threat) . And China raise and its close relationship with Myanmar, and possible Myanmar rapid development in 2030-2040 if they can get rid the military ruling where I expect could happen in 2027-2030

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom