What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

I still maintain Bangladesh doesn't have an airforce. It has a gentleman's flying club instead. I can't think of the worst airforce relative to population and economy size.

No major procurements for what, 20 years? Yak-130s, a handful of C-130J, groms, aren't major procurements. Not least because they do not combat platforms, which doesn't add to our airpower, but we didn't buy that many of them in the first place.

Honestly, I can't think of a single defense community that gets so excited by something so small as the Bangladeshi one. It's the only sort of place fanboys get super excited by the acquisition of MAN or IVECO general-purpose trucks. The same sort of trucks I see carrying large skips full of rubbish in my town.

It's cringeworthy as ****.

Unless Indians approve, Bangladesh isn't getting anything more potent as new platform than Yak-130.

Indians direct Hasina and Hasina has BAF chief in her pocket/purse. That is reality.

You think we don't have budget to buy these fighter platform. We have ten times over if needed.

Unless Indians approve, Bangladesh isn't getting anything more potent as new platform than Yak-130.

Indians direct Hasina and Hasina has BAF chief in her pocket/purse. That is reality.

You think we don't have budget to buy these fighter platform. We have ten times over if needed.
This would make sense if BA and BN were not growing, they are. BAF is BAF, perpetual thumbtwiddlers. They expect civilian bureaucrats and politicians to pick an MRCA and shove it down their throat. Civilians have better things to do.

That does not really make sense as otherwise the Indians would have blocked the purchase of the Turkish TRG-300 MLRS.

These systems have a range of 120km could devastate lots of Indian military installations in neighbouring states like W Bengal and the NE.

12-16 fighters would be far less of a threat to them than 18 of these units that BD has already ordered and some are already on its soil.

So you guys already understand how air support and air superiority is viewed in defense circles.

I think Bangladesh having potent air superiority capability (MRCA) is a much bigger headache strategically for our neighbors than us having any type of naval or army capability. If they can afford it - they would try to deny us that altogether.

Let's chew on that for a minute and have your eloquent thoughts.

That does not really make sense as otherwise the Indians would have blocked the purchase of the Turkish TRG-300 MLRS.

These systems have a range of 120km could devastate lots of Indian military installations in neighbouring states like W Bengal and the NE.

12-16 fighters would be far less of a threat to them than 18 of these units that BD has already ordered and some are already on its soil.

I can't say I agree.

MLRS and MRCA functions are not really similar. Please explain to me how a modern fighter like EFT having access to laser guided bombs and precision missiles equates to MLRS capability. One is a "paikari" shot gun (with no consideration for civilian collateral damage) another is a precision sniper situation with strategic aiming implications for defence-critical installations.

Range is not the only thing here and even so, MLRS is limited to only 120 KM range, we don't need to take the fight to the enemy if needed, beyond 120 KM?

Bangladesh having EFT can actually deal with neighbors wielding air assets, beyond any borders that can do far more damage to us than they can with MLRS alone.

No comparison.

এইবার আসেন বাংলায় আলাপ করি। আজকাল আমাদের ফোরাম এ বেশি ফল্স ফ্ল্যাগার এসে গেসে। এদের কে আমি আলাপের থেকে বাদ দিতে চাই।

Last edited:
I can't say I agree.

MLRS and MRCA functions are not really similar. Please explain to me how a modern fighter like EFT having access to laser guided bombs and precision missiles equates to MLRS capability. One is a "paikari" shot gun (with no consideration for civilian collateral damage) another is a precision sniper situation with strategic aiming implications for defence-critical installations.

If India had the leverage you say then BD would not be able to obtain what is an offensive system that can only realistically do serious damage to India.

Range is not the only thing here and even so, MLRS is limited to only 120 KM range, we don't need to take the fight to the enemy if needed, beyond 120 KM?

Bangladesh having EFT can actually deal with neighbors wielding air assets, beyond any borders that can do far more damage to us than they can with MLRS alone.

No comparison.

এইবার আসেন বাংলায় আলাপ করি। আজকাল আমাদের ফোরাম এ বেশি ফল্স ফ্ল্যাগার এসে গেসে। এদের কে আমি আলাপের থেকে বাদ দিতে চাই।

12-16 EFTs cannot do much damage to India and the IAF can neutralise them with AWACS and their Rafales but 18 120km range MLRS can devastate neighbouring Indian installations in a pre-emotive strike. India cannot stop the initial barrage and will have to take devastating losses at first before it can retaliate.

If India had the leverage you say then BD would not be able to obtain what is an offensive system that can only realistically do serious damage to India.

We will have to agree to disagree here.

vai,dont bring india in everythng...before pointing fingers to others why dont we look at ourselves!! nd plz make sure that u(BAF) r worthy enuf to accomplish such a task, they r incompetent clear as daylight ,nd sumtimes,u give too much credit to where its not due(india)... youtube e ja dekhben shob kisuh believe korar kono karon dekhi na vai.. @Atlas
I can't say I agree.

No comparison.

tactical ballistic missiles r also coming...range 280 kilometers!!

vai,dont bring india in everythng...before pointing fingers to others why dont we look at ourselves!! nd plz make sure that u(BAF) r worthy enuf to accomplish such a task, they r incompetent clear as daylight ,nd sumtimes,u give too much credit to where its not due(india)... youtube e ja dekhben shob kisuh believe korar kono karon dekhi na vai.. @Atlas
@ghost250, আমাকে ট্যাগ করার জন্য ধন্যবাদ ভাই।

আমি তো ব্যক্তিগত ভাবে মনে করি যে ভারত শুধু নৈরাজ্য সৃষ্টি করা ছাড়া বাংলাদেশের উপর আর কোন প্রভাব বিস্তার করার ক্ষমতা রাখে না।

খুব দুর্ভাগ্যের বিষয় এটা যে আমরা বুঝে বা না বুঝে ভারত কে অনেক বেশি ক্রেডিট দিয়ে ফেলছি। ওই রাস্তায় হাগার জাত আমাদের সামরিক বাহিনীর কোন কাজ অ্যাপ্রুভ করার কোন ক্ষমতা রাখে না।

ব্যক্তিগত ভাবে আমি বিশ্বাস করি যে মিলিটারি ডিপ স্টেটই বাংলাদেশ কে চালায়, হাসিনা জাস্ট তার ফ্রন্ট ফেস এ নিয়ে আমি আর @Bilal9 ভাই এখানেই অনেক বিস্তারিত আলোচনা করেছি।

আর যেহেতু আওয়ামী লীগের ভারত পন্থী হিসাবে একটা বদনাম আছে সেখানে মন্ত্রী মিনিস্টার দের ক্ষেত্রে অনেক কথাই বলা যায়।

কিন্তু সামরিক বাহিনীকে নিয়ে এমন কথা শুনে বেশ অবাক হয়েছি। সামরিক বাহিনী চাইলেই যা ইচ্ছা তা করতে পারে না, যেমন কোন সিভিল অ্যাডমিনিস্ট্রেশন কে উৎখাত করা, যদি না সেটা লাস্ট রিসর্ট হয়।

এটা করতে গেলে তো সারা পশ্চিমা দুনিয়া বাংলাদেশের উপর অবরোধ আরোপ করবে।

তখন বাংলাদেশ যাবে কোথায়? কাজেই সামরিক বাহিনী এসব সিভিলিয়ান দের ব্যাপারে সরাসরি নাক গলাবে না ( যেমন টা কিছু মানুষ প্রত্যাশা করে)।

পাকিস্তানের ডিপ স্টেট বাংলাদেশের চেয়েও অনেক শক্তিশালী বলেই মনে করি, কিন্তু দেখেন পাকিস্তানে সামনে থেকে কিন্তু সিভিল সরকার চালায়। মিশরে যদিও সেটা হচ্ছে না; সম্ভবত এরিয়াটা বেশি গোলমেলে এই জন্যেই।

কাজেই ভারতের অ্যাপ্রুভ নিয়ে সামরিক বাহিনী কোন কিছু কেনা কাটা করবে এটা ভাবাটা বাস্তবসম্মত না। বিমান কিনতে কেন দেরি হচ্ছে জানি না আমি, তবে আমার মনে হয় স্ট্রাটেজিক ইস্যু। অনেক বড় প্ল্যান নিয়ে বিমান বাহিনী এগুচ্ছে বলেই আমি মনে করি। দেশেই যুদ্ধবিমান তৈরি করার পরিকল্পনার কথাও শুনেছি। কারন এই এলাকায় মাথা উঁচু করে দাঁড়াতে চাইলে আমাদের অনেক পথ পার হতে হবে।

বিলাল ভাই আপনাকে সনির্বন্ধ অনুরোধ করছি, বাস্তব সম্মত এই ব্যাপার গুলো একটু গভীর ভাবে ভেবে দেখতে। আমি নিশ্চিত আপনি একটু গভীর ভাবে ভেবে দেখলেই ব্যাপারগুলো বুঝবেন।

সরকারের নানা বাজে কর্মকাণ্ড দেখে আপনি আসলে হতাশ এটা বুঝি আমি। তবে সামরিক বাহিনীর সম্পর্কে এভাবে বলাটা দিন শেষে আমাদের নিজেদের অজান্তেই সার্বভৌমত্বের বিপক্ষেই যাবে। কারন সামরিন বাহিনী সমপুর্ন ভাবে ভারতের প্রভাব থেকে মুক্ত। সেটা না হলে আমরা অনেক আগেই স্বাধীনতা হারাতাম। বাইরের কেউ সাহায্য করত না।

ক্রিমিয়ার ব্যাপার টা দেখেন, কিছু তর্জন গর্জন ছাড়া রাশিয়ার বিরুদ্ধে কোন মুভমেন্ট কেউ করতে পারে নি, কারন ইউক্রেনের সামরিক শক্তি বেশি নয়।

এখন রাশিয়া আবার ইউক্রেনের সাথে ঝামেলা পাকাচ্ছে। আমেরিকা কি করতে পারবে শুধু দুই চার টা হুংকার দেয়া ছাড়া? কিচ্ছু করতে পারবে না।

আর ভারত রাশিয়ার তুলনায় একেবারেই শিশু, এরা ভাত পায় না, আমাদের সামরিক বাহিনীকে কিভাবে অ্যাপ্রুভ করবে? তাদের সেই সক্ষমতা আছে বলে আমি মনে করি না!

@Bilal9 ভাই।

Last edited:
@ghost250, আমাকে ট্যাগ করার জন্য ধন্যবাদ ভাই।

আমি তো ব্যক্তিগত ভাবে মনে করি যে ভারত শুধু নৈরাজ্য সৃষ্টি করা ছাড়া বাংলাদেশের উপর আর কোন প্রভাব বিস্তার করার ক্ষমতা রাখে না।

খুব দুর্ভাগ্যের বিষয় এটা যে আমরা বুঝে বা না বুঝে ভারত কে অনেক বেশি ক্রেডিট দিয়ে ফেলছি। ওই রাস্তায় হাগার জাত আমাদের সামরিক বাহিনীর কোন কাজ অ্যাপ্রুভ করার কোন ক্ষমতা রাখে না।

ব্যক্তিগত ভাবে আমি বিশ্বাস করি যে মিলিটারি ডিপ স্টেটই বাংলাদেশ কে চালায়, হাসিনা জাস্ট তার ফ্রন্ট ফেস এ নিয়ে আমি আর @Bilal9 ভাই এখানেই অনেক বিস্তারিত আলোচনা করেছি।

আর যেহেতু আওয়ামী লীগের ভারত পন্থী হিসাবে একটা বদনাম আছে সেখানে মন্ত্রী মিনিস্টার দের ক্ষেত্রে অনেক কথাই বলা যায়।

কিন্তু সামরিক বাহিনীকে নিয়ে এমন কথা শুনে বেশ অবাক হয়েছি। সামরিক বাহিনী চাইলেই যা ইচ্ছা তা করতে পারে না, যেমন কোন সিভিল অ্যাডমিনিস্ট্রেশন কে উৎখাত করা, যদি না সেটা লাস্ট রিসর্ট হয়।

এটা করতে গেলে তো সারা পশ্চিমা দুনিয়া বাংলাদেশের উপর অবরোধ আরোপ করবে।

তখন বাংলাদেশ যাবে কোথায়? কাজেই সামরিক বাহিনী এসব সিভিলিয়ান দের ব্যাপারে সরাসরি নাক গলাবে না ( যেমন টা কিছু মানুষ প্রত্যাশা করে)।

পাকিস্তানের ডিপ স্টেট বাংলাদেশের চেয়েও অনেক শক্তিশালী বলেই মনে করি, কিন্তু দেখেন পাকিস্তানে সামনে থেকে কিন্তু সিভিল সরকার চালায়। মিশরে যদিও সেটা হচ্ছে না; সম্ভবত এরিয়াটা বেশি গোলমেলে এই জন্যেই।

কাজেই ভারতের অ্যাপ্রুভ নিয়ে সামরিক বাহিনী কোন কিছু কেনা কাটা করবে এটা ভাবাটা বাস্তবসম্মত না। বিমান কিনতে কেন দেরি হচ্ছে জানি না আমি, তবে আমার মনে হয় স্ট্রাটেজিক ইস্যু। অনেক বড় প্ল্যান নিয়ে বিমান বাহিনী এগুচ্ছে বলেই আমি মনে করি। দেশেই যুদ্ধবিমান তৈরি করার পরিকল্পনার কথাও শুনেছি। কারন এই এলাকায় মাথা উঁচু করে দাঁড়াতে চাইলে আমাদের অনেক পথ পার হতে হবে।

বিলাল ভাই আপনাকে সনির্বন্ধ অনুরোধ করছি, বাস্তব সম্মত এই ব্যাপার গুলো একটু গভীর ভাবে ভেবে দেখতে। আমি নিশ্চিত আপনি একটু গভীর ভাবে ভেবে দেখলেই ব্যাপারগুলো বুঝবেন।

সরকারের নানা বাজে কর্মকাণ্ড দেখে আপনি আসলে হতাশ এটা বুঝি আমি। তবে সামরিক বাহিনীর সম্পর্কে এভাবে বলাটা দিন শেষে আমাদের নিজেদের অজান্তেই সার্বভৌমত্বের বিপক্ষেই যাবে। কারন সামরিন বাহিনী সমপুর্ন ভাবে ভারতের প্রভাব থেকে মুক্ত। সেটা না হলে আমরা অনেক আগেই স্বাধীনতা হারাতাম। বাইরের কেউ সাহায্য করত না।

ক্রিমিয়ার ব্যাপার টা দেখেন, কিছু তর্জন গর্জন ছাড়া রাশিয়ার বিরুদ্ধে কোন মুভমেন্ট কেউ করতে পারে নি, কারন ইউক্রেনের সামরিক শক্তি বেশি নয়।

এখন রাশিয়া আবার ইউক্রেনের সাথে ঝামেলা পাকাচ্ছে। আমেরিকা কি করতে পারবে শুধু দুই চার টা হুংকার দেয়া ছাড়া? কিচ্ছু করতে পারবে না।

আর ভারত রাশিয়ার তুলনায় একেবারেই শিশু, এরা ভাত পায় না, আমাদের সামরিক বাহিনীকে কিভাবে অ্যাপ্রুভ করবে? তাদের সেই সক্ষমতা আছে বলে আমি মনে করি না!

@Bilal9 ভাই।

এই ব্যাখ্যা ভালভাবে করার জন্য ধন্যবাদ @Atlas ভাই। আপনার পয়েন্টগুলো বৈধ/যুক্তিসম্মতঃ এবং আমি এখন এগুলো স্পষ্টভাবে দেখছি । তবে আমরা শক্তিশালী হয়ে যাই তা ভারতীয়রা কখনোই চাইবেনা।

এই ব্যাখ্যা ভালভাবে করার জন্য ধন্যবাদ @Atlas ভাই। আপনার পয়েন্টগুলো বৈধ/যুক্তিসম্মতঃ এবং আমি এখন এগুলো স্পষ্টভাবে দেখছি ।
ধন্যবাদ @Bilal9 ভাই।
তবে আমরা শক্তিশালী হয়ে যাই তা ভারতীয়রা কখনোই চাইবেনা।
সেটা তো অবশ্যই। শত্রু কোনদিনই চাইবে না যে আমরা শক্তিশালী হই। তবে শত্রুর চাওয়া না চাওয়ায় কি যায় আসে বলেন।
তবে হ্যাঁ, শত্রু তার সর্ব শক্তি প্রয়োগ করতে দ্বিধা করবে না।

তবে দেখেন আমাদের ও মোকাবেলা করার ক্ষমতা আছে। মুরাদ টাকলাকে যে প্রক্রিয়ায় সরানো হল, ইতিমধ্যেই শত্রু বুঝে গেছে যে ইঁট মারলে কি ধরনের পাটকেল খেতে হয়।

This would make sense if BA and BN were not growing, they are. BAF is BAF, perpetual thumbtwiddlers. They expect civilian bureaucrats and politicians to pick an MRCA and shove it down their throat. Civilians have better things to do.

To be honest, I don't see any meaningful purchases from BN either. Their only major activity in the last 12 years was renaming BNS Khalid Bin Walid to BNS Bangabandhu.

To be honest, I don't see any meaningful purchases from BN either. Their only major activity in the last 12 years was renaming BNS Khalid Bin Walid to BNS Bangabandhu.

I'd say next move by BN which will REALLY earn my respect is getting some QUIET diesel subs. Maybe about three or four.

We needed this like - yesterday.

Ki boley, na boley. Dhur.

Last edited:
I'd say next move by BN which will REALLY earn my respect is getting some QUIET diesel subs. Maybe about three or four.

We needed this like - yesterday.

About time.

Their surface fleet is not any better, only limited to brown water defensive operations with an aging fleet.

And I have no idea what's stopping them from installing a proper coastal defence system, a lack of a decent airforce only adds to its exigency.
So you guys already understand how air support and air superiority is viewed in defense circles.

I think Bangladesh having potent air superiority capability (MRCA) is a much bigger headache strategically for our neighbors than us having any type of naval or army capability. If they can afford it - they would try to deny us that altogether.

Let's chew on that for a minute and have your eloquent thoughts.

Modern warfare is all about air superiority, without that, both Army and Navy are sitting ducks.

@ghost250, আমাকে ট্যাগ

It is a harsh indictment but is true.

BN in the last decade has acquired lot more ships, introduced submarines, sourced longer range missiles and radars. But the question is have these changed our defense equation vis-a-vis our neighbours.

Unfortunately i do not believe it has. True offensive capacity that we have acquired are the mings....that is all. It is too little.

And as you have said without adequate air support navies efficacy is seriously hampered.

BN has been on a tranformative journey, this absolutely should be acknowledged because it has been a result of a lot of hard work. However we are in a race and in that BN lags far behind our enemy. Can we keep the bay open against IN....yes now we can for a couple of weeks perhaps....this we could not before.

We need to be better...

Back
Top Bottom