What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Then two weeks later in another post they will say, "The deal fell apart. we can't control if external factors influence the decision blah blah blah"

When it comes to BAF, unless the contract is signed, not believing anything!

As skeptical as I am, I am willing to believe this.

Looks very good.

While we have one in Jakarta, mostly kids who visit this place wether with their school or parents

This is one for Air Force Museum in Yogyakarta, Central Java

Jakarta AF Museum looks nice brother. :-)

Yeah the Airforce Museum in Dhaka is also for elementary (Primary) and middle (Secondary) school children and "science-trips", the exhibits are geared for secondary school age children, 8-12 years typically. Brainwashing should start early. :lol:

I remember when I was in seventh grade, they took us to the Atomic energy commission in Dhaka to have the scientists brief us on various things.

Amader jonno Purnima chand-i jholshano rooti....

Our "ottadhunik" mig 29 have been upgraded into BM standard atlast...that air force pilot clearly mentioned about "upgradation"...they now can carry air to ground ,air to ship(maritime) munitions :D :D

Any idea what those air to ship (maritime) munitions are? Do Russians make something similar to an Exocet? Or if you can fit Chinese weapons in these MiG-29's, what would be a Chinese analog of something like an Exocet?

@Beast and @Dungeness brothers would you know off-hand?

I don't believe our F-7 BGI's are capable of launching maritime munitions, much less having BVR capability...

An airforce cannot just buy planes without first building correct infrastructures. BAF is probably buying Rafael from France because it can also be used in naval engagements. Please watch the video footage below:

Any idea what those air to ship (maritime) munitions are? Do Russians make something similar to an Exocet? Or if you can fit Chinese weapons in these MiG-29's, what would be a Chinese analog of something like an Exocet?

I don't think possible. The radar of Mig-29 is not Chinese one. Not possible.

An airforce cannot just buy planes without first building correct infrastructures. BAF is probably buying Rafael from France because it can also be used in naval engagements. Please watch the video footage below:

কক্সস বাজার এয়ারপোর্টে কয়েক সপ্তাহ আগে উড্ডয়নকালে বোয়িং ৭৩৭ বিমান এর ধাক্কায় দুই জরাজীর্ণ গরু ইন্তিকাল করে। জানা যায় নিরাপত্তার ভারপ্রাপ্ত আনসার সদস্যরা দুই বেলা খাবারের বিনিময়ে পার্শবর্তী গ্রামের বাসিন্দাদের রানওয়ে তে গরু চড়ানোর পারমিশন দিয়েছিলেন। এই হলো আমাদের দেশের শিক্ষা আর অনুধাবন এর নমুনা। আমার কিচ্ছু বলার নাই। এর পড়ে এফ-৩৫ নিয়া আসলেও লাভ নাই।

কক্সস বাজার এয়ারপোর্টে কয়েক সপ্তাহ আগে উড্ডয়নকালে বোয়িং ৭৩৭ বিমান এর ধাক্কায় দুই জরাজীর্ণ গরু ইন্তিকাল করে। জানা যায় নিরাপত্তার ভারপ্রাপ্ত আনসার সদস্যরা দুই বেলা খাবারের বিনিময়ে পার্শবর্তী গ্রামের বাসিন্দাদের রানওয়ে তে গরু চড়ানোর পারমিশন দিয়েছিলেন। এই হলো আমাদের দেশের শিক্ষা আর অনুধাবন এর নমুনা। আমার কিচ্ছু বলার নাই। এর পড়ে এফ-৩৫ নিয়া আসলেও লাভ নাই।
At the end of 1975, I went to Chittagong Airport to take a flight to Dhaka. I found cows inside the airport eating grass.

Well, this is our golden Bangladesh. People are just a bunch of callous idiots not knowing they live in the 21st-century world.

So, a similar thing still happens to other airports where the security is breached every now and then. Perhaps, the Cox's Bazaar airport has no security fence. I happened to be in this airport only once, as well.

I don't believe our F-7 BGI's are capable of launching maritime munitions, much less having BVR capability...
BAF is already in the process of getting supersonic KH-31A's.

That is indeed great news. However I feel that a more modern airborne maritime strike platform (networked with our Naval Combat Management System i.e. Thales Tacticos) would be a better choice for carrying these maritime missiles to target in the Bay of Bengal. For now - KH-31A's should serve nicely.

Please note that American sanctions on RAB/ Police officials may not end there as far as I understand. It may go also to the BD access to American weapons and NATO/ European weapons as well.

This may include also French Rafael and/ or Eurotyphoon unless the GoB or RAB and Police do not reverse their policy of intimidation of the opposition people.

Anyway, this is only my personal opinion. However, the USA does not adopt a new policy all of a sudden nor does it withdraw a policy until the subject country specifically and clearly changes policies that caused America to put sanctions.

America has a very long arm to twist rogue govts. Dr. Henry Kissinger once said, "If America is your friend, you don't need an enemy". He was the Foreign Minister then.

And now, America has taken us for an enemy country. we can expect many kinds of enmity. I just wish that country does not start taking less amount of garments products from us. This will ruin BD future, a bleak scenario.

The GoB must watch out over the America's next step.

Then two weeks later in another post they will say, "The deal fell apart. we can't control if external factors influence the decision blah blah blah"

When it comes to BAF, unless the contract is signed, not believing anything!
True but eft is out of the game. Baf has given serious thought to Russian jets recently. I dont think that's gonna materialize. So we will end up buying rafale as I said before. Besides baf is interested in rafale for a long time. But I don't think we are buying brand new. We will buy 2nd hand F3r most probably from France air force.
On the other hand uncle Sam is putting a lot of pressures to sell F16 , Apache and 2nd hand Blackhawks. Let's see what happens.

True but eft is out of the game. Baf has given serious thought to Russian jets recently. I dont think that's gonna materialize. So we will end up buying rafale as I said before. Besides baf is interested in rafale for a long time. But I don't think we are buying brand new. We will buy 2nd hand F3r most probably from France air force.
On the other hand uncle Sam is putting a lot of pressures to sell F16 , Apache and 2nd hand Blackhawks. Let's see what happens.

No offence dude but you have absolutely no information to claim BAF will buy Rafale.

Back
Top Bottom