What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

If BD insisted to buy MRCA next year, better choosing Gripen, much cheaper than Rafale and Eurofighter. F16 could be out of the game after latest US sanction on BD high official

1639812051512.png

If BD insisted to buy MRCA next year, better choosing Gripen, much cheaper than Rafale and Eurofighter. F16 could be out of the game after latest US sanction on BD high official

View attachment 801736

This is why I propose a combination of Gripens and KF-21's.
Gripens can be delivered earlier.

Last edited:
This is why I propose a combination of Gripen and KF-21.

Ideally ( efficiency and effectiveness) it should be all KF21, but if BD insisted to order MRCA in 2021-2024 then Gripen should be the choice. In term of TOT, SAB Swedia is more willing to give TOT than Dassault.

BD can start ordering KF21 block 2 in 2030 ( if the program is successful inshaAllah ). TFX can be the other choice, but so far the engine issue is still not yet fixed.

View attachment 801736

US has a nasty habbit of putting sanctions on individual parts as well. Example being T129 sale to Pakistan where engines were withheld. Gripen has its own cons with parts being sourced from so many others engiene being from US.

US has a nasty habbit of putting sanctions on individual parts as well. Example being T129 sale to Pakistan where engines were withheld. Gripen has its own cons with parts being sourced from so many others engiene being from US.
Bangladesh is not Pakistan.

US has no reason to do such things with BD.

Bangladesh is not Pakistan.

US has no reason to do such things with BD.

They just sanctioned Bangladeshi para military org with driect links to Hassina Wajid. They didnt invite bangladesh to Democracy summit as well. I mean bangaldesh can always try their luck i am not saying Bangladesh is Pakistan either.

BAF needs both Gripens and J10's but BAF reminds me of a 18 year old who just passed his driving test
and wants to buy a Ferrari as his first Car.😀

BAF needs both Gripens and J10's but BAF reminds me of a 18 year old who just passed his driving test
and wants to buy a Ferrari as his first Car.😀

What makes you think that BAF is just a newbie who wants to buy a Ferrari? There is no reason why BAF can't operate Gripens, Rafales or EFTs.

For some background context, BAF operated Mig 21s in 1970s, when it was still one of the most state of the art fighter jet of that time, albeit those being donations from USSR.

BAF is in this sorry state currently because of a combination of incompetent leadership lacking foresight, inter services rivalry and politics and of course the external factors.

What makes you think that BAF is just a newbie who wants to buy a Ferrari? There is no reason why BAF can't operate Gripens, Rafales or EFTs.

For some background context, BAF operated Mig 21s in 1970s, when it was still one of the most state of the art fighter jet of that time, albeit those being donations from USSR.

BAF is in this sorry state currently because of a combination of incompetent leadership lacking foresight, inter services rivalry and politics and of course the external factors.

It's interesting both Croatia and Bangladesh are linked to Rafale around the same time.

I would argue that BAF has less of a gap (at least in terms of the hardware it flys) than CAF.

BAF has a total of 39 Mig-29 (8) and late model F-7BG/BGI (31) to Rafale.

CAF has its 8 Mig-21bis to Rafale.

@alphapak

Back
Top Bottom