What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Sed They were supposed to dominate the battle space…. While grandfather projects like f15 and f16 still relevant to this day

Man BAF chief inspects f16 manufacturing plant and already theres speculation about it.
tbh I won’t be disappointed if we go with those either… a fleet built pure on those or half f16 half j10 is still way better than the competition and current inventory
F16 wont come without QUAD named strings attached

Best focus on J10C with TOT. self reliance should be focused on over shiny toys.

The Chinese are not interested in having BD in military alliance. Indian and US is. So unless BD wants to be formally part of Quad, its best to avoid US made weapons.

If we give the yanks a naval base in Chittagong they'll give us F-15EX , F-18. Heck, They might even offer F-35.
Myanmar is the soft underbelly of you know who.... operation cyclone 2.0
I know that's not gonna happen i'm just kidding of course. BD will never give a Naval base to yankee. unless😉

Myanmar is kept on a tight leash by its master so it won't attempt anything on St.martin unless there is a crisis in BD.
We get pegged no matter what, we choose Americans Chinese fucks us, we choose China… USA fucks us we are fucked

Best focus on J10C with TOT. self reliance should be focused on over shiny toys.

The Chinese are not interested in having BD in military alliance. Indian and US is. So unless BD wants to be formally part of Quad, its best to avoid US made weapons.
Agreed. A j10c is comparable to if not better than a block 60 f16 which itself is not bad

I think Bangladesh position is lean toward USA now, this is why your FM doesnt have any worry when he said some strong words on China.

I believe your leaders have already been so piss off with China continue backing on Myanmar about Rohingya issue.

I think Bangladesh position is lean toward USA now, this is why your FM doesnt have any worry when he said some strong words on China.

I believe your leaders have already been so piss off with China continue backing on Myanmar about Rohingya issue.
Ya but this is a lethal combination though.

Govt is very much in India and US corner.

Military is very much in Chinese corner.

Someone has to go. .

Last edited:
Ya but this is a lethal combination though.

Govt is very much in India and US corner.

Military is very much in Chinese corner.

Someone has to go. .

Looks like that old hag has to go lol
We get pegged no matter what, we choose Americans Chinese fucks us, we choose China… USA fucks us we are fucked

Agreed. A j10c is comparable to if not better than a block 60 f16 which itself is not bad

Eh true , Bangladesh can't rely on anyone it's all about helping your self out first

Looks like that old hag has to go lol
Problem is not her. It is under the Leadership of Sheikh hasina that BD military has significantly improved their capabilities.

The problem is the pro india lobby in BAL. It is this pro india faction that needs to go.

Sheikh hasina is not the problem. As a matter of fact, i hope she stays in power atleast till 2029.

Have you considered European alternative? That way Bangladesh can continue the claim of being neutral. Rafale & especially Gripen is a good choice for BAF.

Have you considered European alternative? That way Bangladesh can continue the claim of being neutral. Rafale & especially Gripen is a good choice for BAF.

Ok let me answer your question ( although other members can also explain it better to you than me )

Rafale is not an option for us due to our relationship with France isn't that close and plus India uses the Rafale and we don't want the same systems as India we want something much more different.

Gripen was considered by the BAF back then and they wanted old Gripens , but Sweden said no and BAF just quit getting it plus the Gripen uses an American engine which is a no no.

So all we're left with is the EFT and the J-10C

Ok let me answer your question ( although other members can also explain it better to you than me )

Rafale is not an option for us due to our relationship with France isn't that close and plus India uses the Rafale and we don't want the same systems as India we want something much more different.

Gripen was considered by the BAF back then and they wanted old Gripens , but Sweden said no and BAF just quit getting it plus the Gripen uses an American engine which is a no no.

So all we're left with is the EFT and the J-10C

oh well that suck. Anyway good luck I hope whatever you decided on will be good.

Nope. We can get whatever the hell we want (I meant F15/16/18) if we can pay. Joining quad is not necessary. Baf asked for F15 (refurbished) few years back but USA said No. But now they are ready to sell us anything. Market is competitive now. We can reject US offers if we want. We have options. So no point in attaching ridiculous strings cause we won't accept. Remember USA said "amra Bangladesh ke India er chokhe dekhi na" . They dont trust India and India dont trust them. They need a 3rd party in this region and Pakistan is not one of them. If we can play our cards right we can be benefited.

Nope. We can get whatever the hell we want (I meant F15/16/18) if we can pay. Joining quad is not necessary. Baf asked for F15 (refurbished) few years back but USA said No. But now they are ready to sell us anything. Market is competitive now. We can reject US offers if we want. We have options. So no point in attaching ridiculous strings cause we won't accept. Remember USA said "amra Bangladesh ke India er chokhe dekhi na" . They dont trust India and India dont trust them. They need a 3rd party in this region and Pakistan is not one of them. If we can play our cards right we can be benefited.

If you want Bangladesh to become America's little pawn then we can get these F-15s/F-16s/F-18s etc , America will put strings on their equipment. These weapon systems are for geo political reasons

We must try our best to stay away from American military equipment , Americans play dirty for sure and Pakistan and Turkey learned it the hard way

If you want Bangladesh to become America's little pawn then we can get these F-15s/F-16s/F-18s etc , America will put strings on their equipment. These weapon systems are for geo political reasons

We must try our best to stay away from American military equipment , Americans play dirty for sure and Pakistan and Turkey learned it the hard way
Something American is coming buddy. Whether we like it or not but its definitely coming. May be in 2025 or 2030 but its definitely coming.

Back
Top Bottom