What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Man BAF chief inspects f16 manufacturing plant and already theres speculation about it.
tbh I won’t be disappointed if we go with those either… a fleet built pure on those or half f16 half j10 is still way better than the competition and current inventory
J-10c have flown with the indigenous engine recently so i guess its open for export now and no blackmail from russia. F-16Vs have excellent radar (from the same family as that on F-35) . it would make BAF neutralise anything our adversaries can field.
not to say that T-3 EFT is anything less It is better than both in many ways , but its a double engine bird that has a higher maintenance cost. (I guess BAF wants longer range and maritime strike capability)

The budget session is scheduled for june 3rd i believe , maybe we'll see how much money is allocated for BAF. What do you think ?

EDIT: Rafales have better maritime strike capability than EFT due to new exocet missiles. combination of Storm Shadow and spear can neutralise S-400, i doubt US would sell us the entire weapons package. with F-16V and needs approval from congress (especially the senate )

How spear , Storm shadow and DASS can beat S-400

Last edited:
meant to replace the f-15 lol. the F-16 and F-15 will be in service till 2050-2060s
Fate loves irony 😅
J-10c have flown with the indigenous engine recently so i guess its open for export now and no blackmail from russia. F-16Vs have excellent radar (from the same family as that on F-35) . it would make BAF neutralise anything our adversaries can field.
not to say that T-3 EFT is anything less It is better than both in many ways , but its a double engine bird that has a higher maintenance cost. (I guess BAF wants longer range and maritime strike capability)

The budget session is scheduled for june 3rd i believe , maybe we'll see how much money is allocated for BAF. What do you think ?

EDIT: Rafales have better maritime strike capability than EFT due to new exocet missiles. combination of Storm Shadow and spear can neutralise S-400, i doubt US would sell us the entire weapons package. with F-16V and needs approval from congress (especially the senate )

How spear , Storm shadow and DASS can beat S-400

Well they proposed 3,5 billion… that’s not enough fo 16 EFT
You need 4.2-4.5 billion for 16 EFT with basic necessities

kiptami , my guess is they will order 16EFT first with minimum Air to air and then pay for the full weapons package later as we get deliveries 2-3 years later .

or BAF is getting mix of old and new jets like greece but that goes against the tender.

Last edited:
looks like the venerable F-22 will be retired earlier than expected.

next DEFSECA post will be : BAF Chief in US inspects used F-22 for MRCA.

in other news, DEFSECA reports that Air chief tested F-16V simulator. A shame we'll never get to see one flying in BAF colours because of politics.
F-16s will outlast F-22s. Repeat after me "Fifth generation fighters are gimmicky money pits".

Even the US failed to come up with functional fifth generation fighters and yet we need to believe that somehow China with their knack of stealing IP has somehow worked it out with J-31.

BAF should stick to 4++ gen.

F-16s will outlast F-22s. Repeat after me "Fifth generation fighters are gimmicky money pits".
contractors made trillions out this gimmick. maybe if the costs go down, BAF should get 1 squadron of fifth gen (in the distant future after costs have gone down) as air superiority and continue operating 4.5gen in tandem. Even the US is going to operate F-15s till 2060 lol with F-35. lets not discount stealth entirely and operate limited no. of 5th gens.

ppl on this forum were like ''why is BAF buying EFT?'' better spend on 5th gen....4.5 gen outdated by 2030 (lol no) Myanmar will get su-57 (😆 )'' now they got egg on their face.

another problem with internal weapons bay in F-35 is that it could be too small for next gen missiles so, they would have to mounted on external pylons compromising stealth. Modular upgrades of electronics are very difficult on F-22 as there is limited space inside and any external mods would compromise stealth. The only way is to make smaller computers which drives up costs.

Last edited:
Not necessary. You’re assuming bd will ever use them offensively that’s to hit targets in india or operate in Indian airspace, I don’t see us being that bold even with a j10. If we acquire f16 it could also mean we’re choosing a side, China could be out of picture for us then.
I don't see BD ever initiating a war. However, in the event of India attacking first, we need to be proactive and takeout nearby Indian artillery assets before they can do any further damage.
This would involve detecting (using AEW&C) movement of Indian hardware positioning for further strikes on BD and carrying out artillery and precision air strikes on them.
Given our little landmass, we just cannot afford to sit around and wait for Indian fighter jets to enter our airspace as by then India would have overwhelmed us with artillery strikes.
No point in having fighter jets if they get pounded by enemy artillery while sitting on tarmacs.

No, this is assuming India would attack first which by default would be an existential threat. It is certainly possible that a right wing nut like Amit Shah becomes PM and tries to "teach Bangladeshis a lesson" to appease the head bobble crowd.

In the event of aggression by India, the entire Bangladesh Armed Forces especially BAF would need to go in beast mode and be ready to detect and neturalise any moving Indian military assets in neighbouring Indian states by utilising EW&C.

This is because we cannot afford to wait until India escalates further to full on artillery and air strikes on our tiny land mass. We will inevitably lose a lot of our assets due to Indian strikes so our best bet is to do as much damage to the Indian economy and military as possible.

If Bangladesh attains the military capabilities I have proposed in post #10,624, Indian state machinery would restrain their PM and avoid confrontation with BD at all costs as we would gurantee a retaliation strong enough to kill thousands of Indians and force the Indian economy into recession.

Last edited:
I don't see BD ever initiating a war. However, in the event of India attacking first, we need to be proactive and takeout nearby Indian artillery assets before they can do any further damage.
This would involve detecting (using AEW&C) movement of Indian hardware positioning for further strikes on BD and carrying out artillery and precision air strikes on them.
Given our little landmass, we just cannot afford to sit around and wait for Indian fighter jets to enter our airspace as by then India would have overwhelmed us with artillery strikes.
No point in having fighter jets if they get pounded by enemy artillery while sitting on tarmacs
ADIZ stretches over to Indian airspace so we can monitor their base traffic on the eastern bases. Unless they decide to launch from airstrips in central India, there won’t be any surprises. What matters more is if we will scramble at an appropriate time

Fate loves irony 😅

Koi F-15 koi EFT.

Koi Agartala, koi choukir tola?

Koi Abbas, koi Gab gas?

Koi Raj Rani, Koi..... 8-)

If the EFT was going to be developed further, would the Boeing folks be sitting on their collective a$$es?

https://www.boeing.com/features/2021/04/usaf-inducts-first-f-15ex.page

But I get it, F-15EX will come with so many strings. EFT does not.

Pardon me getting a bit fruity...

Last edited:
ADIZ stretches over to Indian airspace so we can monitor their base traffic on the eastern bases. Unless they decide to launch from airstrips in central India, there won’t be any surprises. What matters more is if we will scramble at an appropriate time

Exactly. I'd love for us to adopt Israeli IDF Standard Operating Procedure, which is sophisticated and well-thought-out.

OK Bhai - will take your word for it.
not my word but this guy.

sensor fusion on radar

striker 2 helmet to display relevant info on the helmet display (integrated with night vision and radar targeting - a feature only found on the F-35 helmet)

how the typhoon can beat the Indian S-400 system in SEAD missions using storm shadow, spear and DASS

another factor is that we will never get access to the full weapons package in F-15EX (congressional approval of house and senate required) . Airbus, MBDA , Leonardo etc will sell almost everything as long as we give them monies.

Koi F-15 koi EFT.

Koi Agartala, koi choukir tola?

Koi Abbas, koi Gab gas?

Koi Raj Rani, Koi..... 8-)

If the EFT was going to be developed further, would the Boeing folks be sitting on their collective a$$es?

https://www.boeing.com/features/2021/04/usaf-inducts-first-f-15ex.page

But I get it, F-15EX will come with so many strings. EFT does not.

Pardon me getting a bit fruity...
Bhai I would give Saint Martin to burma for f15ex 😝
We could then bomb it and take it back

Back
Top Bottom