What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

I have always felt that BD needs a forth arm in its armed force... a dedicated missile force. It should also be in charge of surveillance and combat drones. Its purpose should be purely offensive.

Dont really think it would an issue.

How about Indian spies ? Wouldn't they be an issue ?

But seriously though we need actual medium range ballistic missile capabilities , and I think China can help us on that

How about Indian spies ? Wouldn't they be an issue ?

But seriously though we need actual medium range ballistic missile capabilities , and I think China can help us on that

We do not need to hide such capabilities and such a requirement should not deter us.

Not happening bhai...baf is going for aster 15 most probably. Negotiations on going with mbda.

Really who cares what BAF idiots does. I would not trust them to buy toilet papers. ... they are buying it for point defense as anti missile missiles that is not what i meant.

We require offensive missile to take out enemies key installations, infastructures and assets. This capability would be controlled primarily by BA and BN. We should seek assistance from Turkey or china and kick start a programme.

Really who cares what BAF idiots does. I would not trust them to buy toilet papers. ... they are buying it for point defense as anti missile missiles that is not what i meant.

We require offensive missile to take out enemies key installations, infastructures and assets. This capability would be controlled primarily by BA and BN. We should seek assistance from Turkey or china and kick start a programme.
BN will get medium to long range Sam on their new ships...not before 2025 though. No idea about army

Why dont buy FA50 ? It can also launch AMRAAM and a preparation before getting KFX/IFX (if the program is successful)

This Malaysian/Thailand are seen as likely candidate by KAI CEO (29 March) to buy FA 50 that could mean they are preparing for KFX/IFX as well for the future. The presentation I believe is not just KAI wishful thinking since they are participating in Malaysia Fighter procurement

Eurofighter is too expensive right ???

1617590792304.png

The manager also revealed that an FA-50 Block 20 is in the works, and development will begin starting this year. Block 20 will give the FA-50 the capability to conduct beyond-visual-range air-to-air missions, carrying munitions such as the AIM-120 AMRAAM. As with the Block 10, there is no requirement to modify the radar of the FA-50. The next step is to study how to increase the power of the radar and extend its detection range.

1617594856331.png

Starting 2028, KAI will begin the export of the KF-X aircraft based on its competitiveness in price.

“It takes about 100 billion won to 200 billion won to acquire one F-35 fighter jet. Lockheed Martin aims to bring down the price to $80 million per unit, but the maintenance costs are so high that even the US is considering to develop new 4.5 generation fighters or upgrade existing fighters,” said Ryu Kwang-su, head of aircraft program division.

“KAI aims to set the price of KF-X fighter at $65 million with minimized maintenance costs. Our analysis says that such price range will offer KF-X a competitive edge in the global export market.”

Last edited:
Why dont buy FA50 ? It can also launch AMRAAM and a preparation before getting KFX/IFX (if the program is successful)

This Malaysian/Thailand are seen as likely candidate by KAI CEO (29 March) to buy FA 50 that could mean they are preparing for KFX/IFX as well for the future. The presentation I believe is not just KAI wishful thinking since they are participating in Malaysia Fighter procurement

Eurofighter is too expensive right ???

View attachment 731080

Sorry fam the aircraft uses an American engine so it's kinda off the charts of us

Agreed.

BA must develop a strategic division of the army.. Armed with drones Cruise missiles in massive numbers. No much high tech rather So much in numbers that enemy radars and internception capability will be over run.

Their entire purpose should be to turn anything within 500 - 1000 km of BD into toast.

This along with network of SAM's +coastal bateries + strong submarine fleet + 2-3 squadron of 4th gen planes will more than ensure deterrence.

Agreed.

BA must develop a strategic division of the army.. Armed with drones Cruise missiles in massive numbers. No much high tech rather So much in numbers that enemy radars and internception capability will be over run.

Their entire purpose should be to turn anything within 500 - 1000 km of BD into toast.

This along with network of SAM's +coastal bateries + strong submarine fleet + 2-3 squadron of 4th gen planes will more than ensure deterrence.

I agree , but daddy India doesn't agree so idk when we will be that armed to the teeth

The manager also revealed that an FA-50 Block 20 is in the works, and development will begin starting this year. Block 20 will give the FA-50 the capability to conduct beyond-visual-range air-to-air missions, carrying munitions such as the AIM-120 AMRAAM. As with the Block 10, there is no requirement to modify the radar of the FA-50. The next step is to study how to increase the power of the radar and extend its detection range.

No country can seriously base any plans on the basis of another country building a fighter jet for itself for the first time.

BD wont even be considering FA-50 until it has been in service for atleast 10 years.

No country can seriously base any plans on the basis of another country building a fighter jet for itself for the first time.

BD wont even be considering FA-50 until it has been in service for atleast 10 years.

Look T 50 Golden Eagle get huge US assistance from top Aerospace company, Lockheed Martin. SK doesnt build the plane alone.

Back
Top Bottom