What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

images (2).jpeg

images (1).jpeg

Burmese and North Korean officials met and had military co operation. These are some photos I found from articles I have read in the past. Now please tell me that I was lying about missile co operation between DPRK and Burma

@Michael Corleone @Ronin @DalalErMaNodi

Pakistan, Turkey, Indonesia and now Malaysia. Perhaps it's better for BAF to stay away from major USA weapon if it can't be utilized against potential adversary.

In an interview with Qatari news outlet Al Jazeera, Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad provided insight into his country’s experience operating American manufactured F-18 Hornet fighter jets and the considerable limitations imposed on operations by Washington. The Royal Malaysian Air Force currently operates three classes of fighter, including the high end heavyweight Russian Su-30MKM as its most modern platform and small numbers of older medium weight F-18 and MiG-29 platforms. Mahathir noted regarding the terms imposed by the U.S. on clients for its fighter aircraft that the source codes for the jets were not provided, meaning: “we cannot program the plane for any attacks against other countries without getting the programming done by Americans. So although the planes are very good, in terms of performance very powerful engines, but we cannot program the plane by ourselves. You have to refer to the United States for putting the program for any raid on foreign countries for example. So our planes were costly. We have them. We can fly them at airshows. But we cannot use them to fight any other country because we don’t get the source code.”

Mahathir further elaborated: “The way they treated Malaysia as a buyer of the F-18, we find that the planes are only good for airshows. But we cannot program it for, say, attacks against other countries or for any other use. That is the experience of Malaysia. But I suspect that other countries also did not get the source codes… the planes are not really a weapon that you can control. The control is with the Americans.” He noted that European states may be provided with source codes, but indicated that few non-Western states would, and that even munitions for the F-18s could not be purchased to update the aircraft without approval from the U.S. government. The interviewer thus concluded that clients for F-16 of F-18 fighters “can only use them against targets designated by the United States, not targets that they themselves would like to hit.”

https://militarywatchmagazine.com/a...s-can-t-fight-without-washington-s-permission

Pakistan, Turkey, Indonesia and now Malaysia. Perhaps it's better for BAF to stay away from major USA weapon if it can't be utilized against potential adversary.

In an interview with Qatari news outlet Al Jazeera, Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad provided insight into his country’s experience operating American manufactured F-18 Hornet fighter jets and the considerable limitations imposed on operations by Washington. The Royal Malaysian Air Force currently operates three classes of fighter, including the high end heavyweight Russian Su-30MKM as its most modern platform and small numbers of older medium weight F-18 and MiG-29 platforms. Mahathir noted regarding the terms imposed by the U.S. on clients for its fighter aircraft that the source codes for the jets were not provided, meaning: “we cannot program the plane for any attacks against other countries without getting the programming done by Americans. So although the planes are very good, in terms of performance very powerful engines, but we cannot program the plane by ourselves. You have to refer to the United States for putting the program for any raid on foreign countries for example. So our planes were costly. We have them. We can fly them at airshows. But we cannot use them to fight any other country because we don’t get the source code.”

Mahathir further elaborated: “The way they treated Malaysia as a buyer of the F-18, we find that the planes are only good for airshows. But we cannot program it for, say, attacks against other countries or for any other use. That is the experience of Malaysia. But I suspect that other countries also did not get the source codes… the planes are not really a weapon that you can control. The control is with the Americans.” He noted that European states may be provided with source codes, but indicated that few non-Western states would, and that even munitions for the F-18s could not be purchased to update the aircraft without approval from the U.S. government. The interviewer thus concluded that clients for F-16 of F-18 fighters “can only use them against targets designated by the United States, not targets that they themselves would like to hit.”

https://militarywatchmagazine.com/a...s-can-t-fight-without-washington-s-permission
I think BAF should not go with Russian jets because although Russian jets are cheaper than Western jets, the spare parts and maintenance are expensive. This is how Russians does business.

Some members mentioned Chengdu J10c. Well Chengdu J10c is an interceptor and not a pure mrca.

F-18 is a good choice, price is also cheaper than EFT but if Bangladesh buys American product then it should be careful not to become politically involved with USA.

But I think SAAB Gripen is also a good choice for BAF or F-16 block 70/72

Best to stick with European options. Europeans will just embargo us if we are showing aggression. The US will give us its emotional baggage

This is why I advocate you guys to wait for KFX program before major acquisition that you are going to make.

This is why I advocate you guys to wait for KFX program before major acquisition that you are going to make.
Is it too late for Bangladesh to join and become a part of the program? I assume they would play a relatively small part in the process, but it would pay dividends in the development of Bangladesh's Own indigenous capabilities

Bro please read my post from top to bottom. You have clearly misunderstood what I was trying to tell

i know you didnt said it, some bd member said it. i was giving your statement more credibility by providing you some proofs. sorry, if this make you misunderstand.

@Buddhistforlife btw bro, did you know we are producing flight avionics, reverse engineering PT-6 aircraft and Israeli Elbit Skylark 2 tactical uav. here is some proof photos that I took on MAF day.

974A1882-DF6C-4C32-B82B-39B016E8A92B.jpeg
E590B822-6128-4FEE-BA58-79875DA4BAFE.jpeg
60986B54-C1C2-4175-8EA1-94D982F02A7C.jpeg
089E0BEF-AB4C-4D23-BB32-DB2BDDA6FE2C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't the President already confirm the purchase of 16 MRCA? As @DalalErMaNodi mentioned we still have time.

i know you didnt said it, some bd idiot said it. i was giving your statement more credibility by providing you some proofs. sorry, if this make you misunderstand.

@Buddhistforlife btw bro, did you know we are producing flight avionics, reverse engineering PT-6 aircraft and Israeli Elbit Skylark 2 tactical uav. here is some proof photos that I took on MAF day.

View attachment 635006 View attachment 635007 View attachment 635008 View attachment 635009
Bangladesh too is working on developing and Indigenous jet prototype by 2021, one that will be more useful than a PT6 in battle

Back
Top Bottom