What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

I don't think that west has much interest Myanmar now, it's mainly china now.

Dhaka pop density is 23,234 people per square kilometer

The city of Yangon covers a surface area of 598.75 km2 (231.18 sq mi). The population density comes to approximately 12,308 individuals living per square kilometer in the urban area of Yangon.

No point quoting real numbers for these guys, they're the kind that don't understand the difference between GDP PPP and Nominal GDP. Once saw a burmese claiming that per capita income in myanmar was higher with "proof". How you ask? Well he was comparing burmese GDP PPP with Bangladeshi GDP nominal. Goes to show how amazing their education system is, and they will develop missiles :D while they cant understand simple economic terminology:enjoy:

Who told you Arakan army does not fight Bangladesh army. In 2015 the Arakan army had clash with Bangladeshi soldiers and many of their equipment and some horses were taken into custody.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Bangladesh–Arakan_Army_border_clash

The Arakan army wants to create a separate state like jummaland and this new state of theirs also incude Bandarban and Khagarachari.
Tbh it’s more like the elements of the shantiabahini that signed the peace deal, supported by arakan army. Anywho, if arakan army was a threat to bd, rest assured CHT hill tracts would have never been left to be messed with. That area too, 20plus years of fighting to get it stabilized

North Korea is under sanction and cannot supply weapons-be it conventional or unconventional. So even if Myanmar buys any weapon not necessarily ballistic missiles, then it would be a secret
Nothing is really a secret with US surveillance of the whole globe. If Bangladesh do partner up with US militarily, ie buy weapons and sign those intelligence agreements... then rest assured fishy business will not be a surprise

I cannot tell if you're being sarcastic
He’s not

No point quoting real numbers for these guys, they're the kind that don't understand the difference between GDP PPP and Nominal GDP. Once saw a burmese claiming that per capita income in myanmar was higher with "proof". How you ask? Well he was comparing burmese GDP PPP with Bangladeshi GDP nominal. Goes to show how amazing their education system is, and they will develop missiles :D while they cant understand simple economic terminology:enjoy:
Economy wise Bangladesh is way ahead than Myanmar, there is no doubt. But whatever the situation is, Myanmar will always try to maintain a better armed forces than Bangladesh like North Korea

When I am referred to "secrets" I was talking about any possibilities of DPRK-Myanmar co operation in developing Myanmar's ballistic missile capabilities. UN and the west accused Myanmar of buying missiles from North Korea. The point I was trying to make is that North Korea is under sanction and cannot supply weapons-be it conventional or unconventional. So even if Myanmar buys any weapon not necessarily ballistic missiles, then it would be a secret.

Dude stop spouting hypothetical nonsense. If Myanmar could build their own Scud or even modify it would've been in the news already, intelligence of neighboring countries would've known and Burmese military would've forgotten to display it publicly at least once. Test launch will require for modified missile and if that happen it will be detected by satellite and radar.

Furthermore building/modifying missile requires technological knowledge, facility and material. Ask any educated member here. If Myanmar could build their own missile they wouldn't have looked for SY-400.

Moreover I do not agree with you when you said that Burmese generals have a habit of spilling out beans. Myanmar has horrible press freedom. In 2014 some journalists reported on a possible chemical weapons factory in Burma after which they were jailed(possibly put to death)

Yeah about that, i see you often cheer our Burmese members in their defense forum here. So you perhaps remember those photos of KS-1 SAM's ToT, Kilo submarine, new FAC design from their military conference including photos of local KS-1 production line, local submarine, new frigate project. inspection of submarine in Russia/China etc.

I don't see @Aung Zaya and other's heads rolling for sharing those photos here. If their own military members leak photos like that, they don't need any press. If anything they kept secret, those would be their Korean LPD procurement, getting Russian sub from India, having bio-chemical weapon and effort to produce nuclear weapon.

Compared to that, did you see any of our production line photo such as FN-16?

https://www.irrawaddy.com/news/burma/burma-army-reveals-ambition-to-own-submarine.html

So, i will ask u the same question. will you use ur brain ? one country reveal part of their tenders while other dont anything. which one is more secretive. ?

Last edited:
Bd suffers from population density in Dhaka, rest of Bangladesh has fairly less people. That can be solved with building new cities with good urban planning, purbachal is going to be the solution

we’ll such is the case because Burmese have he knacker for making their problem others problem.

Without a strong economy you can’t support local economy with local defense industries you muppet

Bangladesh in logical sense wouldn’t allow these remote areas to be utilized by these people given the beef they endured with shanti bahini in the 80s but they do... not officially ofc but if Bangladeshi govt had zero tolerance towards this then refuge would have been impossible just like the jihadist...

and the support is American given they’re all kit out with American rifles and whatnot. Ofc the govt. would officially deny this I reckon

Ariana army is not engaged in war with Bangladeshi govt. their operation is based on the Arabian and rakhine state

Quite contrary, Burmese officials gladly show off their intentions and procurement through pictures and media... its quite difficult to source reliable information of procurement plans in Bangladesh tbh, defseca gets the flak for mentioning every fighter in the bloc but what we forget to realize is those fighters were all considered and nearly inked until something or the other made the plans fall through... comparing Burma with NK would be insulting imo
As for bd, 40 days countdown, if you don’t hear any procurement news on the fighters then EFT deal fell through (this time I hope defseca doesn’t get flak, as British high commissioner himself expressed Britain’s interest will supplying bd with fighter jets)
"comparing Burma with NK would be insulting imo"

Myanmar is like North Korea without Nuclear weapons. Just because North Korea has nuclear weapons, people have this perception that North Korea is a technologically advanced nation and is more developed than Myanmar, which is false. Even tbh North Korea have much more poor quality of equipments than Myanmar. The best Main battle tank of North Korean ground forces is Puk Pung Ho, which is the modified version of T59 tank. North Korea air force's most advanced air craft is Su-25 fighter bomber.

well. except so-called rohingya camps, we dont even know what the overpopulation is. Dhaka has over 45,000 people per km while Yangon which has highest density in Myanmar accommodates 716 people per km.
Dhaka suffers from poor urban planning and industrialization, most of the poor from other areas come to Dhaka to earn a living... it’s not that all of Dhaka is a mess, some of it is actually really good... comparable to the best cities in the world. However most of Dhaka is poorly planned and overpopulated. However this is changing albeit slowly, tanneries have been moved out of Dhaka so the rivers are getting cleaner, the unplanned buildings near the rivers are all demolished, embankments planned in their place etc. things will improve as the economy grows
well. only fool will go for long-term war in these days if u dont have intention to annex the land. U will have maximum 1 or 2 days to shoot everything what u have. after that, neighboring giants will intervene and propose to negotiate as they have their strong interests in both countries. I am pretty sure that our local made MLRS , 155mm howitzers and SRBM stockpiles are more than enough to wipe out every important structures and military targets in our border area.
Bd will not be the first to wage war, if anything short border conflicts at most, out howitzers and MLRS will make short work of targets in your borders as well... what I see is in case of conflict myanmar trying to take Saint Martin islands and a naval skirmish at seas with air clashes thrown into the mix... not much strategic loss for either side unless myanmar is stupid enough to lunch SRBM to Dhaka, then the war won’t end in any ceasefire as people would want vengeance.

Myanmar is like North Korea without Nuclear weapons. Just because North Korea has nuclear weapons, people have this perception that North Korea is a technologically advanced nation and is more developed than Myanmar, which is false. Even tbh North Korea have much more poor quality of equipments than Myanmar. The best Main battle tank of North Korean ground forces is Puk Pung Ho, which is the modified version of T59 tank. North Korea air force's most advanced air craft is Su-25 fighter bomber.
North Korea doesn’t need to be advanced. It’s mastery in rocket technology enough to hit Japan and South Korea precisely and ownership of nuclear weapons are enough to keep it alive. Myanmar comparatively is nothing more than a wannabe Iraq or Libya and those countries got pummeled by the Americans. If developing nuclear bombs is as easy as you imply, even Maldives would have them... rocketry and nuclear weapons are very complex mechanisms and mastery in them is enough to classify someone as being advanced. They placed their bet right, put the money in research of nukes and rockets instead of tanks and fighters. Burma isn’t even close to that.
Burma isn’t even good in basic consumer electronics manufacturing, light industries.... just making some trainers and possibly light fighters isn’t sustainable if they don’t give any return on the investment

Anyways, keep on topic. My mistake, I realize this is the airforce thread. I’m sorry for rambling on

Dude stop spouting hypothetical nonsense. If Myanmar could build their own Scud or even modify it would've been in the news already, intelligence of neighboring countries would've known and Burmese military would've forgotten to display it publicly at least once. Test launch will require for modified missile and if that happen it will be detected by satellite and radar.

Furthermore building/modifying missile requires technological knowledge, facility and material. Ask any educated member here. If Myanmar could build their own missile they wouldn't have looked for SY-400.

Yeah about that, i see you often cheer our Burmese members in their defense forum here. So you perhaps remember those photos of KS-1 SAM's ToT, Kilo submarine, new FAC design from their military conference including photos of local KS-1 production line, local submarine, new frigate project. inspection of submarine in Russia/China etc.

I don't see @Aung Zaya and other's heads rolling for sharing those photos here. If their own military members leak photos like that, they don't need any press. If anything they kept secret, those would be their Korean LPD procurement, getting Russian sub from India, having bio-chemical weapon and effort to produce nuclear weapon.

Compared to that, did you see any of our production line photo such as FN-16?

https://www.irrawaddy.com/news/burma/burma-army-reveals-ambition-to-own-submarine.html
"Yeah about that, i see you often cheer our Burmese members in their defense forum here"

I won't lie but I yes I do sometimes cheer them up. That's because of religious affiliation. But it's not to the extent of betrayal or treachery. Hindus can support India, Muslims can support Pakistan, Buddhists can support Myanmar, China etc. But not at the expense of one's own nation.

"If Myanmar could build their own Scud or even modify it would've been in the news already, intelligence of neighboring countries would've known and Burmese military would've forgotten to display it publicly at least once"

Screenshot_2020-05-21-00-36-07-127_com.android.chrome.png

Claims of USA

Speaking from personal experience, the only two things burma makes that people on the other side of the border want is barmish asar and barmish chendel. All theyre good for is dry fruit pickle and sandals thats all, don't believe me? goto cox bazar at 7 pm near the beach and take a good hard look at the burmese nationals begging and selling that stuff.

North Korea doesn’t need to be advanced. It’s mastery in rocket technology enough to hit Japan and South Korea precisely and ownership of nuclear weapons are enough to keep it alive. Myanmar comparatively is nothing more than a wannabe Iraq or Libya and those countries got pummeled by the Americans. If developing nuclear bombs is as easy as you imply, even Maldives would have them... rocketry and nuclear weapons are very complex mechanisms and mastery in them is enough to classify someone as being advanced. They placed their bet right, put the money in research of nukes and rockets instead of tanks and fighters. Burma isn’t even close to that.
Burma isn’t even good in basic consumer electronics manufacturing, light industries.... just making some trainers and possibly light fighters isn’t sustainable if they don’t give any return on the investment

Anyways, keep on topic. My mistake, I realize this is the airforce thread. I’m sorry for rambling on

Hahaha what the **** are you talking about, Myanmar ain't squat compared to Libya and Iraq in their prime. If anything comparing them to north korea, iraq or libya is high praise...... give it 10 years max and myanmar wont even exist as a whole

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuwaitha_Nuclear_Research_Center

Meanwhile myanmar needs foreigners to fly their helicopters because they lack trained commercial pilots

Speaking from personal experience, the only two things burma makes that people on the other side of the border want is barmish asar and barmish chendel. All theyre good for is dry fruit pickle and sandals thats all, don't believe me? goto cox bazar at 7 pm near the beach and take a good hard look at the burmese nationals begging and selling that stuff.

Hahaha what the **** are you talking about, Myanmar ain't squat compared to Libya and Iraq in their prime.
"Burmese nationals begging and selling that stuff"

They are not Burmese nationals but tribal Rakhines and Marmas living in Cox's Bazaar. They get all these achar and sandals from the other side of the border. Even in Saint Martin you will find Burmese products sold by Bengali/Marma/Rakhine

"Burmese nationals begging and selling that stuff"

They are not Burmese nationals but tribal Rakhines and Marmas living in Cox's Bazaar. They get all these achar and sandals from the other side of the border. Even in Saint Martin you will find Burmese products sold by Bengali/Marma/Rakhine

Dude, these people themselves told me they're burmese

Point is you'll never see BDs going to myanmar for work, Myanmar only exist because China wills as much

Anyway wrong thread to discuss this.

Last edited:

Hahaha what the **** are you talking about, Myanmar ain't squat compared to Libya and Iraq in their prime. If anything comparing them to north korea, iraq or libya is high praise...... give it 10 years max and myanmar wont even exist as a whole

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuwaitha_Nuclear_Research_Center

Meanwhile myanmar needs foreigners to fly their helicopters because they lack trained commercial pilots
I ofc didn’t mean in their prime but Burma hardly can be compared to those countries in their lows... they had oil money, Burma has no money

I ofc didn’t mean in their prime but Burma hardly can be compared to those countries in their lows... they had oil money, Burma has no money

Burmese armed forces are very poorly trained, casualties are high in the internal conflict. Nobody conducts large scale training exercises with their troops except China maybe. Myanmar pumps whatever money it has into its military and still they're only just ahead of us on a few scales, just goes to show how little money they have to begin with.

Where is the second batch of K-8W?

Why havn't they been delivered yet?

Dude, these people themselves told me they're burmese

Point is you'll never see BDs going to myanmar for work, Myanmar only exist because China wills as much

Anyway wrong thread to discuss this.
I have never heard such thing. In Cox's bazaar there is this Burmese market where you will find tribals selling these things. They can fluently speak Bengali. I don't know which market you visited in Cox's bazaar

Where is the second batch of K-8W?

Why havn't they been delivered yet?
As per news they are ready but didn't say anything about their delivery

Back
Top Bottom