What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Bangladesh Airforce chief Serniabat speaking at a public event and indicating several planned improvements toward Hasina's Vision 2041 for the armed services. Concrete stuff or just a bunch of hot air - you decide. Sorry Bengali only.

Bangladesh Airforce chief Serniabat speaking at a public event and indicating several planned improvements toward Hasina's Vision 2041 for the armed services. Concrete stuff or just a bunch of hot air - you decide. Sorry Bengali only.

As long as BAL is in power , I don't see any aircraft is adding to our inventory! 14 years have passed already!

They spend tons of money on other unnecessary things , just don't spend money on Air force. A govt that doesn't care to development of armed forces , they aren't patriot, not at all!

First the goal was forces goal 2030 and now now it's 2041?

Ps - I didn't watch the video . When I will see action , only then I will believe them!

Last edited:

Old video.

This guy knew what’s up.

Unfortunately, he is playing golf somewhere now unable to implement what he was talking about.

The government of Bangladesh should be ashamed.

It‘s 2022.

No new judho biman.

As a result the things he was hoping to prevent are reality.

For example, our FM is seeking Indian help to preserve the Bangladeshi government and Myanmar is violating our airspace.

Absolutely disgraceful.

BAF should buy the J-10C if China is willing to sell it to Bangladesh.

BAF should buy the J-10C if China is willing to sell it to Bangladesh.

I don't think that will be the case.

China knows that under Hasina - Bangladesh is firmly under Indian defence doctrine and directives. Hasina will not dare to displease her masters in Delhi.

China will not trust Hasina's govt. in Bangladesh with their top level fighter technology until all RAW operatives and India-shill agents are purged from Bangladesh (including armed forces).

Commercial projects and infra only for the time being.

I don't think that will be the case.

China knows that under Hasina - Bangladesh is firmly under Indian defence doctrine and directives. Hasina will not dare to displease her masters in Delhi.

China will not trust Hasina's govt. in Bangladesh with their top level fighter technology until all RAW operatives and India-shill agents are purged from Bangladesh (including armed forces).

Commercial projects and infra only for the time being.

What about FA 50 from South Korea?

What about FA 50 from South Korea?

That is a great option - or even the KF-21 Boramae (F-33). But as long as Hasina is in power, she will accede to Indian arm-twisting and not buy anything more potent than say a Lead-in Jet Trainer. Of which we have multiple types. Last real fighters bought (MiG-29. F-7 advanced) were all before Hasina's accession to power in Bangladesh.

Aero L-39 (Czech)
1663206194113.png

1663206281897.png

Yak-130 (Russia)
1663206435396.png

In fact the Indian RAW agents in Bangladesh constantly monitor our armed forces to see whether we buy something to challenge their level of air/naval/ground forces superiority and usually stop it at conceptual stage by petitioning Hasina.

This level of interference in our internal defence affairs is unprecedented and cannot stand. We are just biding time and the Sanghis know their time is coming.

The last potent thing Bangladesh bought were subs for the Navy and Indians started dhoti-wetting in Delhi even before the subs arrived from China. Their view is that they will "protect" us - so Bangladesh should get rid of all armed forces.

But as long as Hasina is in power, she will accede to Indian arm-twisting and not buy anything more potent than say a Lead-in Jet Trainer.

Is their anyone in Bangladesh who can counter this witch?

We have similar interference in Pakistan from Americans but we
have Imran Khan as a counter. InshAllah the people will bring him
back to power soon.

Is their anyone in Bangladesh who can counter this witch?

We have similar interference in Pakistan from Americans but we
have Imran Khan as a counter. InshAllah the people will bring him
back to power soon.
In defense front unfortunately no, not yet.

However, as our economy progresses defense spending will increase even as a percentage of GDP it may not.

Indian forced cul de sac BD finds itself in the medium to long run will not stand. Its inevitable.

Is the MiG-29M/M2 out of the question for the BAF? Two-fold question, I suppose; the first is Bangladesh under the possible threat of CAATSA should it purchase Russian hardware as I'm not familiar with the extent of its ties with the US and second, any resistance towards that particular fighter?

I ask because you guys obviously already operate the early model MiG-29 so there is not only a familiarity basis for logistics etc., and since the MiG-35 still isn't available because of that gaddam AESA radar they just can't seem to get done but it still has a terrific PESA radar in the Zhuk-ME but it also has a phenomenal weapons' package.

As you know, we're quite familiar with that fighter in Egypt and the EAF is out of its mind happy with that aircraft that there are plans to acquire at least another 50 to possibly 75 more on top of the current 50 in the fleet. But our problem is CAATSA since our relationship with the US is pretty involved on many levels and they have threatened us with it if we proceeded with the new Su-35 deal we had already signed, and the aircraft already built. Bastards put the kiobache on that dream and it's been stuck in limbo for about a year, now, and no one knows what's going to happen with that. So the fate of additional MiG-29s or preferably 35s is also unknown at the moment until the Su-35S contract is settled.

That also makes it another option for the BAF if they want an even more powerful fighter than the MiG-29/35. Has either of those options (MiG-29M/35 or Su-35S) been discussed or at least are feasible for the BAF?

Is the MiG-29M/M2 out of the question for the BAF? Two-fold question, I suppose; the first is Bangladesh under the possible threat of CAATSA should it purchase Russian hardware as I'm not familiar with the extent of its ties with the US and second, any resistance towards that particular fighter?

I ask because you guys obviously already operate the early model MiG-29 so there is not only a familiarity basis for logistics etc., and since the MiG-35 still isn't available because of that gaddam AESA radar they just can't seem to get done but it still has a terrific PESA radar in the Zhuk-ME but it also has a phenomenal weapons' package.

As you know, we're quite familiar with that fighter in Egypt and the EAF is out of its mind happy with that aircraft that there are plans to acquire at least another 50 to possibly 75 more on top of the current 50 in the fleet. But our problem is CAATSA since our relationship with the US is pretty involved on many levels and they have threatened us with it if we proceeded with the new Su-35 deal we had already signed, and the aircraft already built. Bastards put the kiobache on that dream and it's been stuck in limbo for about a year, now, and no one knows what's going to happen with that. So the fate of additional MiG-29s or preferably 35s is also unknown at the moment until the Su-35S contract is settled.

That also makes it another option for the BAF if they want an even more powerful fighter than the MiG-29/35. Has either of those options (MiG-29M/35 or Su-35S) been discussed or at least are feasible for the BAF?

Russian planes should not be bought because of two reasons:

1. CAATSA
2. They are junk anyway.

Russian planes should not be bought because of two reasons:

1. CAATSA
2. They are junk anyway.

1 I can see but 2 I strongly disagree with. That's not really an astute observation to be perfectly honest with you. But hey, to each his own and remind me how many MiG-29s BAF already has in its fleet? I highly doubt those are junk for what they're roles are.

1 I can see but 2 I strongly disagree with. That's not really an astute observation to be perfectly honest with you. But hey, to each his own and remind me how many MiG-29s BAF already has in its fleet? I highly doubt those are junk for what they're roles are.

BAF has 8. And it doesn't matter whether they belong to BAF or any other AF. Russian aircraft are junk and a waste of money. AF tech is heavily electronics dominated, the Russians are nowhere near the US, EU and nowadays even China.

BAF has 8. And it doesn't matter whether they belong to BAF or any other AF. Russian aircraft are junk and a waste of money. AF tech is heavily electronics dominated, the Russians are nowhere near the US, EU and nowadays even China.
You haven't even mentioned the worst parts: Low MTBF engines and unscrupulous attitude of Russian defence suppliers.

You haven't even mentioned the worst parts: Low MTBF engines and unscrupulous attitude of Russian defence suppliers.

Exactly, not only the engines other parts too. Their best jets SU-XX series also have the RCS of a warehouse. Network centric capability, AWACS, AEW&C, sensor fusion are non-existent or ancient. They haven't even developed a new aircraft after the Soviet days except the SU-57 which is a stealth version of the flanker series.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom