What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

BAF has 8. And it doesn't matter whether they belong to BAF or any other AF. Russian aircraft are junk and a waste of money. AF tech is heavily electronics dominated, the Russians are nowhere near the US, EU and nowadays even China.

Is the MiG-29M/M2 out of the question for the BAF? Two-fold question, I suppose; the first is Bangladesh under the possible threat of CAATSA should it purchase Russian hardware as I'm not familiar with the extent of its ties with the US and second, any resistance towards that particular fighter?

I ask because you guys obviously already operate the early model MiG-29 so there is not only a familiarity basis for logistics etc., and since the MiG-35 still isn't available because of that gaddam AESA radar they just can't seem to get done but it still has a terrific PESA radar in the Zhuk-ME but it also has a phenomenal weapons' package.

As you know, we're quite familiar with that fighter in Egypt and the EAF is out of its mind happy with that aircraft that there are plans to acquire at least another 50 to possibly 75 more on top of the current 50 in the fleet. But our problem is CAATSA since our relationship with the US is pretty involved on many levels and they have threatened us with it if we proceeded with the new Su-35 deal we had already signed, and the aircraft already built. Bastards put the kiobache on that dream and it's been stuck in limbo for about a year, now, and no one knows what's going to happen with that. So the fate of additional MiG-29s or preferably 35s is also unknown at the moment until the Su-35S contract is settled.

That also makes it another option for the BAF if they want an even more powerful fighter than the MiG-29/35. Has either of those options (MiG-29M/35 or Su-35S) been discussed or at least are feasible for the BAF?

Any russian jet is out of the question for BD for many reasons but the prominent ones are as follows:

- Policy paralysis - BAF lacks strategic vision and political support. Its current capacity vis a vis neighbours are demonstrably lower than previous decades. Mig as with all other jets is out of the running.

- Caatsa - BD geopolitical leverage is minimal and Migs are not worth the hasstle

- Russian sales tactics- in earlier negotiation for SUs, Russian did try to strong arm BD into buying more MIGs. This did not go down well after BD effectively customised the bid for the russians. The negotiations were abandoned and current geopolitical scenario means this avenue is closed.

- Aftersales support - BD experience with the migs can not be called a success. Aftersales support has been lacking due to lack of availability of parts.

-Russian position vis a vis burma - BD has two enemies, India and Burma. Russians are allied to both these countries so in times of war will be unreliable. BAF needs western platform against burma and chinese platform against india.

Is the MiG-29M/M2 out of the question for the BAF? Two-fold question, I suppose; the first is Bangladesh under the possible threat of CAATSA should it purchase Russian hardware as I'm not familiar with the extent of its ties with the US and second, any resistance towards that particular fighter?

I ask because you guys obviously already operate the early model MiG-29 so there is not only a familiarity basis for logistics etc., and since the MiG-35 still isn't available because of that gaddam AESA radar they just can't seem to get done but it still has a terrific PESA radar in the Zhuk-ME but it also has a phenomenal weapons' package.

As you know, we're quite familiar with that fighter in Egypt and the EAF is out of its mind happy with that aircraft that there are plans to acquire at least another 50 to possibly 75 more on top of the current 50 in the fleet. But our problem is CAATSA since our relationship with the US is pretty involved on many levels and they have threatened us with it if we proceeded with the new Su-35 deal we had already signed, and the aircraft already built. Bastards put the kiobache on that dream and it's been stuck in limbo for about a year, now, and no one knows what's going to happen with that. So the fate of additional MiG-29s or preferably 35s is also unknown at the moment until the Su-35S contract is settled.

That also makes it another option for the BAF if they want an even more powerful fighter than the MiG-29/35. Has either of those options (MiG-29M/35 or Su-35S) been discussed or at least are feasible for the BAF?

There was a tender that appeared to be tailor made for a Russian origin fighter that was placed prior to 2017.

BAF was looking for 8 with an option for another 4.

From what I remember they had to be twin engined and mount an AESA.

Most thought BAF was looking for a Flanker variant as the MiG-35 does not have AESA.

The Yak-130 acquisition a few years earlier almost foreshadowed an eventual Russian fighter purchase.

But then the Rohingya crisis of 2017 happened and Russia clearly supported Myanmar.

But even furthermore, the Russians seemed to be twisting BD’s arm into purchasing the MiG-35 before any Flankers could be acquired.

I don‘t know specifics but Mig-35 seems to be a failed platform.

It was the lifeline for the MIG bureau which has since disappeared into UAC.

I am curious as to how the EAF is pleased with their Fulcrums.

Considering the Fulcrums have an atrocious record in combat.

Albeit, much of the conflicts placed the Fulcrums operating in less than ideal conditions.

Still as a fanboy of Soviet/Russian military aviation, I have to acknowledge Western types are far superior.

I attached the two links to videos comparing the experience of the Finnish Air Force with the Draken and early MiG-21.

Although old, the general theme persists to this day.

Finally, in terms of BAF and the current day, as I mentioned years ago in one of my posts here, the geopolitical shifts are contributing to the MRCA delay because for some reason the US has been showing Bangladesh more interest in the last 5 years than what I can remember before.

Examples being the BAF and BA chiefs going the to the US quite frequently in the recent past.

Anyways, all that being said, Russian platforms are or at least should be out of the question for BAF.

Either go European, Chinese or American.

Each brings its own set of pros and cons.

With a Russian purchase, it seems the cons are far greater than the pros.

Bangladesh purchases 36 combat aircraft from China​

Published : Thursday, 1 September, 2022 at 12:00 AM Count : 809
Business Correspondent

facebook sharing button

twitter sharing button

linkedin sharing button

blogger sharing button

pinterest sharing button

email sharing button

sharethis sharing button

Bangladesh has purchased 36 combat aircraft F-7BGI from China to boost air defence capabilities, a leading Indian news agency said in a New Delhi datelined report on Wednesday.
The F-7 BGI is a multi-role capable aircraft manufactured by Chengdu Aircraft Corporation, China. It was specially designed to meet the requirements of Bangladesh Air Force for
cost-effective multi-role fighter aircraft. It is said to be the most advanced version of the F-7 fighter aircraft ever.
F-7 BG upgraded with J-7G technology for Bangladesh. Unlike other cheaper and downgraded export variants of J-7G, the F-7 BGI (I for Improved) is in fact more advanced than J-7G it is developed from.
Improvements of F-7 BGI over F-7BG such as 3 MFDs and more powerful fire control radar would in turn, incorporated to J-7G2 developed later, said the IANS.
The capability of F-7 BGI is improved over earlier F-7BG resulted from upgrades listed below, and delivery of 16 such fighter aircrafts was signed in 2011 and completed in 2013.
Even with the latest J-7 technology, this aircraft does not have the capability to carry any BVR missile and is armed only with short-range, infrared homing air-to-air missiles for air to air combat, like other J-7s.
F-7 BGI has a speed of Mach 2.2; 5 Hard-points to carry air-to-air missiles, laser-guided bomb, GPS-guided bombs, drop tanks and Full glass cockpit
The aircraft also has F-7 BGI has KLJ-6F radar; Afterburner: F-7 BGI (82 kN) thrust; F-7 BGI got J-7G2 Airframe with double delta wing. This improves the lift at high angles of attack and delays or prevents stalling; G-limit: +8 g / -3 g; Service ceiling: 17,500 m (57,420 ft) for F-7 BGI; 3 Multi functional HUD displays and HOTAS.
It is reportedly more maneuverable than most of the Mig21s and many of the other contemporary fighters; F-7 BGI can armed with the PL-5, PL-7 and probably the PL-9 short range air-to-air missiles
It can carry bombs and unguided rocket pods of 3000 pound, including Chinese laser-guided bombs, the IANS, said.
The report by IANS said China has been trying since a long time to emerge as a major defence exporter to India's neighbouring countries like Bangladesh, Pakistan etc.​

There was a tender that appeared to be tailor made for a Russian origin fighter that was placed prior to 2017.

BAF was looking for 8 with an option for another 4.

From what I remember they had to be twin engined and mount an AESA.

Most thought BAF was looking for a Flanker variant as the MiG-35 does not have AESA.

The Yak-130 acquisition a few years earlier almost foreshadowed an eventual Russian fighter purchase.

But then the Rohingya crisis of 2017 happened and Russia clearly supported Myanmar.

But even furthermore, the Russians seemed to be twisting BD’s arm into purchasing the MiG-35 before any Flankers could be acquired.

Sounds like a volatile relationship, there.

I don‘t know specifics but Mig-35 seems to be a failed platform.

That's a bit overstated IMO. The only thing that is missing from the MiG-29M/M2 that's supposed to qualify it as a MiG-35 is the AESA radar. The MiG-29M/M2 has the Zhuk-ME which is an X-band pulse doppler radar which is the predecessor to the Zhuk-AE which is the L-band AESA radar that is supposed to end up in the MiG-35. The Zhuk-ME is also the same radar in all the Indian MiG--29Ks for their naval carrier aircraft and is really a very decent radar. Other than that, it's the same exact platform with the large, barndoor flaps, the larger LERX & Krueger flaps and every other physical attribute.

Then they also said that the MiG-35 would have the built-in target designator instead of using a pod like many other fighters do (such as the F-16 etc.) and to make up for that, the MiG-29M/M2 has to carry the T-220 targeting pod which is the same exact thing except its hung on the engine nacelle instead of being permanently built in on the MiG-35. So most don't really consider that as a make-or-break difference between the 29M/M2 and the 35 to even justify a different designation. That said, it's mainly and really only the AESA radar.

MiG was supposed to finance the development of the Zhuk-AE but never pushed the process and so the radar never really got priority, most likely also because the orders for the aircraft weren't there with the exception of the EAF's request for 46 MiG-29M/M2s and Algeria's order for 12 of the same.

But according to the EAF's contract, MiG was supposed to finish the development of the Zhuk-AE and replace all the Zhuk-ME radars in the Egyptian fighters within 5 years of the last aircraft being delivered. The Russians never finished the development of the radar, so Egypt has been seeking other alternative for the radar upgrade but at the same time, they're actually looking to add another large number of MiG-35s to the current fleet because of how happy they've been with the fighter. They're just insisting on the AESA radar in order to make that happen.

You can see the huge barndoor flaps deployed here on this EAF MiG-29M/M2 in Greece which gives it excellent low speed handling and high AoA. You can also see the Krueger flaps deployed on the LERX.

1663377424160.png

R-73 & R-77 in this M2 undergoing testing in Russia prior to final camo paint & delivery. The canopies are also the same for these 2-seater M2 as they are for the single-seat M model. The only difference is a seat, throttle & stick and avionics for the Navigator/WSO and an additional fuel tank for the single-seat M models. That larger canopy stays the same for ease of production & maintenance.

1663378334738.png

1663376180057.png

I am curious as to how the EAF is pleased with their Fulcrums.

Extremely pleased. The weapons package they ordered with the aircraft and what they replaced for the cost are all factors. Roughly $40 million per aircraft and many of the Sinai and Libyan sorties where they dropped Kh-35s obliterating terrorist camps and trucks sneaking over the border. The size of the explosion from a single Kh-35 dropped here:

And clean FADEC engines in the new RD-33MKs.

Its anti-ship capabilities are outstanding using the Kh-31 and obliterating naval targets during exercises.

1663377139684.png

It's 40 degree off-boresight R-73/74 is excellent with the eye monocle helmet attachment and its R-77 & R-27 medium range A2A missiles which will be supplanted by the longer ranged R-77-1 on the next armament order. They've been quite pleased with them and using them like crazy going up against Hellenic F-16s, Saudi F-15 & Typhoon etc. This is all first-hand experience and not rumors peddled by anti-Russian goons, lol. The latter is very easy to find all over the internet and not so Russian fans like Finish pilots.

Even buddy-buddy A2A refueling just like the EAF Rafales have as well.

1663378042674.png

Still as a fanboy of Soviet/Russian military aviation, I have to acknowledge Western types are far superior.

Look, it's no F-22 or F-35. It's not even the Rafale or the Eurofighter Typhoon. No one claimed anything of the sort. But I'd put it up against most F-16s besides the Viper upgraded ones with equal air support. What you want to do is be objective and ask the recent and closest users on it like the Indian MiG-29K pilots or the Algerian & obviously Egyptian MiG-29M/M2 pilots and not old, disgruntled ex-Finish MiG-21 and early MiG-29A pilots.

A quick tidbit - the US has threatened Egypt that they'll impose CAATSA (which shame on them but that's another story for another topic) if the EAF pursued the Su-35S deal after putting and possibly losing a substantial deposit on the $2.2 billion contract for 29 aircraft of which 2/3 of them had already been built and tested! In order to make nice and not make it out to be a nasty threat -- which it was, anyway -- they offered the F-15 in exchange. Details were not given as to what exact model etc. But Tactical Report came out with an article that the US supposedly offered most likely the F-15 Strike E in new EX construct variant BUT with older avionics and early model APG radars and no AIM-120s, 9X or JDAMs. On top of that they added insult to injury by setting clauses that the F-15s would only operate out of certain bases of the US' choosing and fly only restricted air spaces LMFAO! No one is sure of the veracity of that whole offer but to add to just the technical aspect, they said that the EAF lieutenant commander who happens to be a former F-4 Phantom II pilot with over 1500 hours in that aircraft told the US reps that the aircraft they offered was "grossly inferior to the EAF's current MiG-29M/M2 platforms!" "Grossly inferior" were allegedly his exact words to the US reps and I buy that 100%. Knowing how big the US' balls are when trying to dictate things from a position of strength although the EAF had not yet abandoned the Su-35 deal for obvious reasons. But there's another example of the MiG-29M/M2's position in the EAF.

You have no idea how disgusted we Egyptians are about this filthy strong-arming the US is doing to us. Filthy bast****! To think they're pulling these incredible platforms )that only come with some of the deadliest weapons and no absurd restrictions whatsoever) right out from under our feet is beyond infuriating!

1663376808875.png

The plan was also for these to supplement the MiG-29M/M2 fleet with the possible future adding of the MiG-35.

Although old, the general theme persists to this day.

Nah, absolutely not. That's such an unfortunately terrible misconception. In the right hands and under the proper training with the latest weaponry and additional ground & air assets, these aircraft are excellent for what they're meant to do and keep in mind, these were replacements for essentially what the EAF had in its 3rd gen arsenal which were all the MiG-21MFs from the 70s & 80s and Chinese F-7 AIRGUARD. A huge leap which would be almost the same as the BAF MiG-29As in your video with the old smokey RD-33s.

And with such a small order of 8 or 10, it would only be a positive upgrade in every sense of the word.

Either go European, Chinese or American.

Each brings its own set of pros and cons.

With a Russian purchase, it seems the cons are far greater than the pros.

I realize we all want our high-end Rafales or F/A-18 Hornets or Typhoons or Gripens and F-35s etc. Hey, if the BAF is capable of acquiring any of those, all the power to it. That would be awesome. I can tell you that despite how happy the EAF is with the MIG-29M/M2s, it's even happier with its Rafales and might just surprise us all with an order of 24 Typhoons in the upcoming year. So I feel it the same way you fellas do, but the suggestion would be a fantastic stop-gap if anything else, on top of a huge improvement to the current MiG-29As..

Sounds like a volatile relationship, there.

That's a bit overstated IMO. The only thing that is missing from the MiG-29M/M2 that's supposed to qualify it as a MiG-35 is the AESA radar. The MiG-29M/M2 has the Zhuk-ME which is an X-band pulse doppler radar which is the predecessor to the Zhuk-AE which is the L-band AESA radar that is supposed to end up in the MiG-35. The Zhuk-ME is also the same radar in all the Indian MiG--29Ks for their naval carrier aircraft and is really a very decent radar. Other than that, it's the same exact platform with the large, barndoor flaps, the larger LERX & Krueger flaps and every other physical attribute.

Then they also said that the MiG-35 would have the built-in target designator instead of using a pod like many other fighters do (such as the F-16 etc.) and to make up for that, the MiG-29M/M2 has to carry the T-220 targeting pod which is the same exact thing except its hung on the engine nacelle instead of being permanently built in on the MiG-35. So most don't really consider that as a make-or-break difference between the 29M/M2 and the 35 to even justify a different designation. That said, it's mainly and really only the AESA radar.

MiG was supposed to finance the development of the Zhuk-AE but never pushed the process and so the radar never really got priority, most likely also because the orders for the aircraft weren't there with the exception of the EAF's request for 46 MiG-29M/M2s and Algeria's order for 12 of the same.

But according to the EAF's contract, MiG was supposed to finish the development of the Zhuk-AE and replace all the Zhuk-ME radars in the Egyptian fighters within 5 years of the last aircraft being delivered. The Russians never finished the development of the radar, so Egypt has been seeking other alternative for the radar upgrade but at the same time, they're actually looking to add another large number of MiG-35s to the current fleet because of how happy they've been with the fighter. They're just insisting on the AESA radar in order to make that happen.

You can see the huge barndoor flaps deployed here on this EAF MiG-29M/M2 in Greece which gives it excellent low speed handling and high AoA. You can also see the Krueger flaps deployed on the LERX.

View attachment 880093

R-73 & R-77 in this M2 undergoing testing in Russia prior to final camo paint & delivery. The canopies are also the same for these 2-seater M2 as they are for the single-seat M model. The only difference is a seat, throttle & stick and avionics for the Navigator/WSO and an additional fuel tank for the single-seat M models. That larger canopy stays the same for ease of production & maintenance.

View attachment 880096

View attachment 880085

Extremely pleased. The weapons package they ordered with the aircraft and what they replaced for the cost are all factors. Roughly $40 million per aircraft and many of the Sinai and Libyan sorties where they dropped Kh-35s obliterating terrorist camps and trucks sneaking over the border. The size of the explosion from a single Kh-35 dropped here:

And clean FADEC engines in the new RD-33MKs.

Its anti-ship capabilities are outstanding using the Kh-31 and obliterating naval targets during exercises.

View attachment 880092

It's 40 degree off-boresight R-73/74 is excellent with the eye monocle helmet attachment and its R-77 & R-27 medium range A2A missiles which will be supplanted by the longer ranged R-77-1 on the next armament order. They've been quite pleased with them and using them like crazy going up against Hellenic F-16s, Saudi F-15 & Typhoon etc. This is all first-hand experience and not rumors peddled by anti-Russian goons, lol. The latter is very easy to find all over the internet and not so Russian fans like Finish pilots.

Even buddy-buddy A2A refueling just like the EAF Rafales have as well.

View attachment 880095

Look, it's no F-22 or F-35. It's not even the Rafale or the Eurofighter Typhoon. No one claimed anything of the sort. But I'd put it up against most F-16s besides the Viper upgraded ones with equal air support. What you want to do is be objective and ask the recent and closest users on it like the Indian MiG-29K pilots or the Algerian & obviously Egyptian MiG-29M/M2 pilots and not old, disgruntled ex-Finish MiG-21 and early MiG-29A pilots.

A quick tidbit - the US has threatened Egypt that they'll impose CAATSA (which shame on them but that's another story for another topic) if the EAF pursued the Su-35S deal after putting and possibly losing a substantial deposit on the $2.2 billion contract for 29 aircraft of which 2/3 of them had already been built and tested! In order to make nice and not make it out to be a nasty threat -- which it was, anyway -- they offered the F-15 in exchange. Details were not given as to what exact model etc. But Tactical Report came out with an article that the US supposedly offered most likely the F-15 Strike E in new EX construct variant BUT with older avionics and early model APG radars and no AIM-120s, 9X or JDAMs. On top of that they added insult to injury by setting clauses that the F-15s would only operate out of certain bases of the US' choosing and fly only restricted air spaces LMFAO! No one is sure of the veracity of that whole offer but to add to just the technical aspect, they said that the EAF lieutenant commander who happens to be a former F-4 Phantom II pilot with over 1500 hours in that aircraft told the US reps that the aircraft they offered was "grossly inferior to the EAF's current MiG-29M/M2 platforms!" "Grossly inferior" were allegedly his exact words to the US reps and I buy that 100%. Knowing how big the US' balls are when trying to dictate things from a position of strength although the EAF had not yet abandoned the Su-35 deal for obvious reasons. But there's another example of the MiG-29M/M2's position in the EAF.

You have no idea how disgusted we Egyptians are about this filthy strong-arming the US is doing to us. Filthy bast****! To think they're pulling these incredible platforms )that only come with some of the deadliest weapons and no absurd restrictions whatsoever) right out from under our feet is beyond infuriating!

View attachment 880091

The plan was also for these to supplement the MiG-29M/M2 fleet with the possible future adding of the MiG-35.

Nah, absolutely not. That's such an unfortunately terrible misconception. In the right hands and under the proper training with the latest weaponry and additional ground & air assets, these aircraft are excellent for what they're meant to do and keep in mind, these were replacements for essentially what the EAF had in its 3rd gen arsenal which were all the MiG-21MFs from the 70s & 80s and Chinese F-7 AIRGUARD. A huge leap which would be almost the same as the BAF MiG-29As in your video with the old smokey RD-33s.

And with such a small order of 8 or 10, it would only be a positive upgrade in every sense of the word.

I realize we all want our high-end Rafales or F/A-18 Hornets or Typhoons or Gripens and F-35s etc. Hey, if the BAF is capable of acquiring any of those, all the power to it. That would be awesome. I can tell you that despite how happy the EAF is with the MIG-29M/M2s, it's even happier with its Rafales and might just surprise us all with an order of 24 Typhoons in the upcoming year. So I feel it the same way you fellas do, but the suggestion would be a fantastic stop-gap if anything else, on top of a huge improvement to the current MiG-29As..

Thanks for the exhaustive post.

I enjoyed reading it greatly.

Dealing with the US is like buying a beautiful rose with many thorns.

To get access to the goodies you have to deal with the conditions that come with it.

IMO this especially applies to Muslim nations for some reason.

I can’t see the same restrictions on say Singapore or South Korea.

No such restrictions on European nations or countries like Chile.

And it seems that Israel for some reasons gets carte blanche.

Ive always been fascinated by Soviet/Russian gear but they have never performed well in combat.

I dunno if it’s the gear itself or the tactics.

But for the BAF, they have a lot of work to do no matter what platform they end up buying.

Despite the post above, I agree with this post from DEFSECA.

Thoughts?

Same here. Balancing or appear to be balancing West and East is not the right way to go. Bangladesh will have to pick a camp when it comes to strategic affairs. That doesn't mean we cannot have transactional relationships with all parties when it comes to trade and commerce.

World has moved from Uni Polar to back to Bi-Polar again. Only the lead actors have changed. Instead of West vs USSR, it is now West vs China. There is no multi-polarity and there isn't going to be one anytime soon.

Same here. Balancing or appear to be balancing West and East is not the right way to go. Bangladesh will have to pick a camp when it comes to strategic affairs. That doesn't mean we cannot have transactional relationships with all parties when it comes to trade and commerce.

World has moved from Uni Polar to back to Bi-Polar again. Only the lead actors have changed. Instead of West vs USSR, it is now West vs China. There is no multi-polarity and there isn't going to be one anytime soon.
While I am a strong proponent of maintaining strong economic relations with both of these camps, unfortunately we are now in a position we must pick a side militarily.
China's "non-interference" charade, which we have come to cherish till date, has come back to bite us in the rear as evident by the recent snub by the Chinese ambassador of an invite to discuss the Myanmar border situation. This is a clear message that China is picking the Burmese side.

China might also hang us out to dry in the event of conflict with India just to protect their business interests.

We have no choice but to join the Western camp now. Yes, Western strings on military tech will be a problem but anything is better than the current impotent posture taken by the government.
The upside of picking the Western camp is greater access to military training and technical support from the West and other West-aligned, technologically advanced military powers like Indonesia, Turkey, South Korea, etc..
If we cannot get Gripens, we must buy F-16s. If down the line the US dilly-dallies on maintenance/munitions/upgrdation support, we may be able to get some help from Turkey, Indonesia, etc. to at least keep the fleet flying.

All developed nations are pro-West so picking the Western camp may also benefit us economically at a time when we are about to lose LDC privileges.

Having closer relations with a diverse group of developed nations might help us get diplomatic mediatory support in the event of conflict with India.
Western nations may be difficult with their strings but they are also unlikely to remain quiet if BD is attacked by India.

Moreover, a Westward tilt might see Polar Ice Cream finally gain some appreciation from Bangladeshi consumers.

Last edited:

Despite the post above, I agree with this post from DEFSECA.

Thoughts?
Gripen... absolute nonsense... its a failed system that is a decade and a half without an international sale.

EFT gives BAF operational freedom against both India and the moghs. GB in any conflict between India and BD (extremely remote) will seek to defuse tension and will not automatically take a pro-india position.

BD freindship to all nonsense is a failure but i do believe it is necessary to maintain this figleaf for the future.

Myanmar should not be primary focus, india should be. EFT and J10 theoretically the best combination although I have to be honest I want BD reliance on china to lessen. If they are not with us on the Rohingya issue then they are against us. Let us accept reality, continue with economic engagement and join quad. Change the combination to EFT and second hand F16s.

We require a non western jets, we can not build one, JFT is basically chinese so only ray of hope are the turks who lets be honest wont have capacity to sell to others for atleast 10-15 years at the earliest if not realistically 20. We should engage them and try to join the project.

BAF/BN/BA needs to focus on armed UAV and loitering ammunition and BA needs to acquire indeginious SAM capability. This strategy has worked for Iran and will work for us too. Iran also do not have a airforce.

Last edited:
:cheesy::p: why they needed to blur the twitter handler when the cringe hashtags reveal everything along with their names?

However, from what i have seen so far, the below mentioned and shared page named defres also propagates many false news with cetona loaded. If DTB somehow affiliated with them then it would be a sad discovery

Screenshot-2022-10-10-22-48-04.png

Bruh, Pakistan even inducted J-10CP and look at our economy. WTH is BAF doing? At this point, I would even be happy if India forces there Tejas upon you guys. Something is better than nothing.

Bruh, Pakistan even inducted J-10CP and look at our economy. WTH is BAF doing? At this point, I would even be happy if India forces there Tejas upon you guys. Something is better than nothing.

Hasina govt. is total bootlicker of Indian govt. because they put her in power and support her ongoing things.

India does not want us to have offensively capable fighters and Hasina is going along with it.

Don't you think she would've gone for it already ?

We can certainly afford a few Billion and she would've gotten her cut from it too.

Problem is - Indians have warned Hasina of dire consequences if she buys fighters - she will not risk it.

What Hasina does NOT understand is that we also have leverage.

India benefits to the tune of $45 to $50 Billion yearly from us in uneven trade, employment of Indians and tourism.

This is why they were so eager to help in 1971. But that goodwill wore out a LONG time ago.

Hasina govt. is total bootlicker of Indian govt. because they put her in power and support her ongoing things.

India does not want us to have offensively capable fighters and Hasina is going along with it.

Don't you think she would've gone for it already ?

We can certainly afford a few Billion and she would've gotten her cut from it too.

Problem is - Indians have warned Hasina of dire consequences if she buys fighters - she will not risk it.

What Hasina does NOT understand is that we also have leverage.

India benefits to the tune of $45 to $50 Billion yearly from us in uneven trade, employment of Indians and tourism.

This is why they were so eager to help in 1971. But that goodwill wore out a LONG time ago.
Hasina notwithstanding, I still believe the Gripen-E and, later, KAI KF-21 are the best options for Bangladesh. The Gripen-E is available today, but the KF-21 is still some years out. However, long term, Bangladesh should work to solidify its East Asian ties. There's a whole world on the Pacific that's worth exploring in terms of defence, economy, science, medicine, etc.

If its not clear already, Bangladesh is not serious about its military capability.

Back
Top Bottom