What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Yak-130 has open architecture avionics and muti-channel FBWS allowing it to mimic different aircraft. Besides, Italy has developed its cousin the M-346. I am sure they can figure something out. This might void warranty but that's better than having to dump them and buy new.
Worst case we should just sell them and buy M-346s.
The biggest challenge would be disengaging BAF's advanced, high endurance HOTAS (Hand-on Thumbtwiddle and Sleep) system which no contractor on Earth can assist with. God forbid they might start blaming the "lack of modularity of Yak-130s" as the next excuse for not buying enough fighters.
An AJT qualified pilot shouldn't have much trouble flying the EFT. There are two seater EFTs.
IAF get trained on Hawk and proceed to fly Su-30MKI (maybe this example isn't appropriate.........)
Besides , doesn't BAF have a requirement to 24 AJT ? Meaning more trainers (i know, i know ) will come ?

Yak-130 has open architecture avionics and muti-channel FBWS allowing it to mimic different aircraft. Besides, Italy has developed its cousin the M-346. I am sure they can figure something out. This might void warranty but that's better than having to dump them and buy new.
Worst case we should just sell them and buy M-346s.
The biggest challenge would be disengaging BAF's advanced, high endurance HOTAS (Hand-on Thumbtwiddle and Sleep) system which no contractor on Earth can assist with. God forbid they might start blaming the "lack of modularity of Yak-130s" as the next excuse for not buying enough fighters.
Hey could always sell to Burma. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤠

An AJT qualified pilot shouldn't have much trouble flying the EFT. There are two seater EFTs.
IAF get trained on Hawk and proceed to fly Su-30MKI (maybe this example isn't appropriate.........)
Besides , doesn't BAF have a requirement to 24 AJT ? Meaning more trainers (i know, i know ) will come ?
You are correct. Simulating EFTs on Yak-130s is not a necessity as EFT OCUs should be procured anyway.

In fact, if there comes a crisis of EFT pilots during war, pilots can also jump directly from K-8Ws to EFT OCUs.

However, since BAF has chosen the IJT-AJT-OCU path, might as well make the most of it by simulating their fighters on the AJTs - this has the benefit of saving OCU hours which are much more costly.

You are correct. Simulating EFTs on Yak-130s is not a necessity as EFT OCUs should be procured anyway.

In fact, if there comes a crisis of EFT pilots during war, pilots can also jump directly from K-8Ws to EFT OCUs.

However, since BAF has chosen the IJT-AJT-OCU path, might as well make the most of it by simulating their fighters on the AJTs - this has the benefit of saving OCU hours which are much more costly.

I heard you can simulate most anything on Yak 130's, certainly most Russian advanced fighters like SU-35's.

I guess it would help Yak's marketing a lot better if they could simulate EFT's, certainly the talent is available from Yak I'm sure, or Russia in general (whomever did the job for Russian Air Force, which uses that simulator function on Yak-130's).

Not an expert on simulators, but I understand that it is a function of delayed flight surfaces control inputs (and feedback of same) simulating heavier weight, dynamics etc. AFAIK.

I heard you can simulate most anything on Yak 130's, certainly most Russian advanced fighters like SU-35's.

I guess it would help Yak's marketing a lot better if they could simulate EFT's, certainly the talent is available from Yak I'm sure, or Russia in general (whomever did the job for Russian Air Force, which uses that simulator function on Yak-130's).

Not an expert on simulators, but I understand that it is a function of delayed flight surfaces control inputs (and feedback of same) simulating heavier weight, dynamics etc. AFAIK.
I doubt whether Russia would be willing or capable of installing EFT modules into Yak-130s. However, assuming an EFT module is already operational with the Italian Air Force Leonardo M346s (which are basically Yak-130s with Western avionics) to train EFT pilots, Leonardo would be better placed to install these modules on our Yak-130s.

I doubt whether Russia would be willing or capable of installing EFT modules into Yak-130s. However, assuming an EFT module is already operational with the Italian Air Force Leonardo M346s (which are basically Yak-130s with Western avionics) to train EFT pilots, Leonardo would be better placed to install these modules on our Yak-130s.

Agreed bhai. In any case, training simulators can do some small amount of this as well I guess.

Shamney Mohila keda? Seems like someone from the Royal family...

Princess Anne

Thanks Brother. Not familiar with a lot of Royal family members except The three-generation members below HM Queen Elizabeth.

One branch of them live near us in Santa Barbara with multi-cultural babies. :-)

I was fascinated that HM the Queen travels using her own fleet of Airplanes for short trips ("Queen's Flight" maintained by the RAF).

iu
2-BN-V-ARFF-Models-TQF-HSV-Queens-Flight-Support-Vehicle-1.48.jpg

The following is an excerpt from the wiki. It says about BAF possible plan to buy 16 Eurofighter jets at a cost of 2.5 billion Euro. Guys, please check the possibility.

Bangladesh[edit]
"Plans and procedures for the procurement of 16 western-origin multirole fighter jet were established after cancellation of the older tender for 8 to 12 Russian made MRCA.[85] According to several defense sources, the Eurofighter Typhoon was being in contention along with JAS 39 Gripen, Dassault Rafale and F-16 Fighting Falcon. In 2021, Bangladesh Government earmarked around 25,200-crores taka (2.5 billion euro) for 16 western-origin multirole fighter jet.[86]

In 2021, Eurofighter World Magazine stated Bangladesh as a potential customer for Eurofighter Typhoon.[87][88] Germany already ordered 38 Tranche 4 as a launch customer with cost of 5.4 billion euro in late 2020".[4]

The following is an excerpt from the wiki. It says about BAF possible plan to buy 16 Eurofighter jets at a cost of 2.5 billion Euro. Guys, please check the possibility.

Bangladesh[edit]
"Plans and procedures for the procurement of 16 western-origin multirole fighter jet were established after cancellation of the older tender for 8 to 12 Russian made MRCA.[85] According to several defense sources, the Eurofighter Typhoon was being in contention along with JAS 39 Gripen, Dassault Rafale and F-16 Fighting Falcon. In 2021, Bangladesh Government earmarked around 25,200-crores taka (2.5 billion euro) for 16 western-origin multirole fighter jet.[86]

In 2021, Eurofighter World Magazine stated Bangladesh as a potential customer for Eurofighter Typhoon.[87][88] Germany already ordered 38 Tranche 4 as a launch customer with cost of 5.4 billion euro in late 2020".[4]
Germany getting 38 for 142mil a pop. 2.5 billion would mean Bangladesh at 156 million a pop for 16… Bangladesh will need more fighters. Why not place a bigger order for lower average cost.
bangladesh doesn’t have 156 million dollar for a plane it’s incompetent pilots may or may not crash within the first year. We can’t afford this jet, period.

Germany getting 38 for 142mil a pop. 2.5 billion would mean Bangladesh at 156 million a pop for 16… Bangladesh will need more fighters. Why not place a bigger order for lower average cost.
bangladesh doesn’t have 156 million dollar for a plane it’s incompetent pilots may or may not crash within the first year. We can’t afford this jet, period.
Exactly, EFT is good to have bur cannot be prioritised over procurement of mainstay fighters

757 pages and nothing so far, my son in shah Allah will be graduated from the med university in few years time and i can bet our bengladeshi brotheren would still be talking about procuring anything meaningful. feel so sad.
Bro when they first started talking about fighter procurement I was in school. I’m going to finish my med school this year inshallah 😂
Inshallah when my first child is born we will have new fighters 😂

Bro when they first started talking about fighter procurement I was in school. I’m going to finish my med school this year inshallah 😂
Inshallah when my first child is born we will have new fighters 😂

At the same time man, alot has happened.

Can you even imagine for a bit, the prospect of new build Eurofighter being bought by Bangladesh before 2017?

Fighter procurement takes time.

Also, I think the general state of the BAF needs major improvement before inducting these toys and that ALSO requires time.

The fact is BAF has probably been neglected for quite awhile.

What we don't know is if the government of Bangladesh is finally taking the needs of BAF seriously now or not.

Again, I say if BAF was a strong and capable force, the Rohingya issue on 2017 would not happen.

Air power is deterrence.

Bangladeshi capability in this regards it laughable.

Myanmar knew this and took advantage of Bangladeshi weakness.

And now what?

Bangladesh has to deal with the consequences.

If the government of Bangladesh hasn't learned by now, then what else is there to say?

The Bangladeshi people deserve better.

Also @Arthur pretty much said no new fighters until 2025.

Does anyone know where he is?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom