What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

However bad BAF is in planning we should develop our own plans. No foreign consultants can really set national policy.

We must not involve others in my opinion..... good or bad we must learn, accept mistakes might be made and then work to correct it

Disagree.

I'm not talking about setting national policy.

I'm saying get some folks who are competent and experienced to evaluate our deficiencies and formulate a plan to set up a NATO standard air arm.

It's not re-inventing the wheel.

The trick is to find the shortest most efficient path to the goal, NOT trial and error.

There is so much potential here.

BAF potentially can be at a crossroads.

Please BAF don't waste this oppurtunity.

Also, I know this is just a YouTube video.

But take a look.

This separates the West from the rest.

Last edited:
Disagree.

I'm not talking about setting national policy.

I'm saying get some folks who are competent and experienced to evaluate our deficiencies and formulate a plan to set up a NATO standard air arm.

It's not re-inventing the wheel.

The trick is to find the shortest most efficient path to the goal, NOT trial and error.

There is so much potential here.

BAF potentially can be at a crossroads.

Please BAF don't waste this oppurtunity.

Also, I know this is just a YouTube video.

But take a look.

This separates the West from the rest.

Technical and tactical level consulting is fine. Training on how to plan or optimise services is fine. Basicly there is no issues on getting foreign help on learning to use tools and techniques.

My point was we should not rely on others to set strategic outlook or policy. It would represent a security risk and a non BD wont fully understand or appreciate the nuances.

Technical and tactical level consulting is fine.

My point was we should not rely on others to set strategic outlook or policy. It would represent a security risk and a non BD wont fully understand or appreciate the nuances.
Particularly the strange obsession and prioritisation of UN mission deployments over national security.

Nice pic!

1625132138826.png

The thing that does not make sense is where is the MRSAM network that would pretty much negate most of the MAF ability to bomb BD?

Wonder if air defense package is part of the recently signed MoU with Roketsan.

The Chinese have greater stakes in Burma than in BD. It won't do squat.

China isn't stupid to risk a $10+ billion export market, one of it's top 3 arms importer and loan receiver which has lot Chinese influence and takes lot assistance in local development project just because it has greater stakes in Burma than in BD. It'll try to stop both parties just like the West cause it's bad for business for all.

Particularly the strange obsession and prioritisation of UN mission deployments over national security.

Only 6401 troops/personnel made you think BD has obsession and prioritization of UN mission deployments over national security? 🤨🙄

1625362132363.png

BAF needs more trainers

1625363158386.png

I don’t remember how much but handsomely paid for the job

$1300 per month if i am not wrong.

BAF want a free aircraft whether it is from China USA or Endia.
Some sources are saying that may be Bangladesh will accept Israel, and in response Israeli will give some retired F-16s to BAF.

Israel will not donate anything to BD.

If BD joins quad. Uncle sam will happily supply the f16's...+ more...

All the things BD has always wanted but to afraid to ask..

afraid to ask
Asked but rejected
We need some guidance though, we essentially have to rebuild BAF due to decades of neglect. Institutions like RAF, USAF can help us build a professional (not the Indian Air Force kind of professional ) institution with well trained , well motivated pilots and ground crew. The secret ingredient is funding and training.

Air forces that have been trained in western style by USAF, RAF have been able to defeat bigger ,well equipped opponents. PAF vs IAF.

What i'm going to say , is going to be controversial but BAF needs more trainers if it wants to have a potent Air Force.
Good instructors too. Not just the kind that gets duty rotation from RAB

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom