What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

I am not talking about any invasion. Myanmar has no need to invade. A few air strikes on Chittagong to destroy the port and the lone refinery is enough to cripple BD. Burmese economics is irrelevant in this context.
China and US won't do squat. As I have already explained, the Chinese stand to lose more by getting involved while the US is neither capable of intervening quickly enough before the damage is done nor does it have anything to gain.
Let's stop making excuses for the pathetic spineless organisation that BAF is.

The thing that does not make sense is where is the MRSAM network that would pretty much negate most of the MAF ability to bomb BD?

Cost will only be around 1 billion US dollars and once complemented with the FM-90 batteries/radar-guided anti-aircraft artillery, it would be a good way to defend against MAF air attacks on critical infrastructure targets.

This is not just about MRCA but a lack of joined up thinking in the upper echelons of the BD military/political leadership.

The thing that does not make sense is where is the MRSAM network that would pretty much negate most of the MAF ability to bomb BD?

Cost will only be around 1 billion US dollars and once complemented with the FM-90 batteries/radar-guided anti-aircraft artillery, it would be a good way to defend against MAF air attacks on critical infrastructure targets.

This is not just about MRCA but a lack of joined up thinking in the upper echelons of the BD military/political leadership.
Medium to Long Range missiles and fighter jets fall in BAF's domain.

BAF needs reform.

Medium to Long Range missiles and fighter jets fall in BAF's domain.

BAF needs reform.

These idiots have been trying to buy MRCA since 2017 but they do not realise that you need MRSAM to properly defend your bases that will house them. Short-range SAMS like FM-90 are not enough as they only provide point defence and you need area defence that only MRSAM or LRSAM can provide.

I do not think it is just a BAF thing as BD needs a military service that goes above the 3 services that looks at the overall picture and fills in gaps that are not covered. This is a political leadership issue.

Last edited:
These idiots have been trying to buy MRCA since 2017 but they do not realise that you need MRSAM to properly defend your bases that will house them. Short-range SAMS like FM-90 are not enough as they only provide point defence and you need area defence that only MRSAM or LRSAM can provide.

I do not think it is just a BAF think as BD needs a military service that goes above the 3 services that looks at the overall picture and fills in gaps that are not covered. This is a political leadership issue.

Bring in consultants from either TuAF or RAF.

And see what recommendations they make.

Take into consideration their insights.

True

In the end guys , it's almost like they don't even give a shit lol.....well BD did want MRSAM but never got it sadly.

We need our own layered air defense , I guess they will eventually come

Is that even required?

A teenager who takes an interest in military affairs knows that MRSAM is far more important and more easily obtainable than MRCA right now.

Stick some batteries around Dhaka, Chittagong, Padma Bridge, Roopur and some other important sites and integrate them into a networked system and you are pretty much good to go. The seller will give you all the training and knowledge to be able to do this.

This seems to be more of a lack of concern than one of sheer incompetence as surely one of the military top brass in BD has noticed this and mentioned it to the political leadership but nothing has been done as of yet.

I am utterly appalled that BD has no real means to defend itself in 2021 from an impoverished hole called Myanmar next door. BD should be the one doing the bullying and not the other way round.

Is that even required?

A teenager who takes an interest in military affairs knows that MRSAM is far more important and more easily obtainable than MRCA right now.

This seems to be more of a lack of concern than one of sheer incompetence as surely one of the military top grass in BD has noticed this and mentioned it to the political leadership but nothing has been done as of yet.

I am utterly appalled that BD has no real means to defend itself in 2021 from a impoverised hole called Myanmar next door. BD should be the one doing the bullying and not the other way round.

BD doesn't give one shit about itself and is very stubborn , until Myanmar pulls a Pearl Harbor on us we won't learn
Attack on Pearl Harbor!

Is that even required?

Stick some batteries around Dhaka, Chittagong, Padma Bridge, Roopur and some other important sites and integrate them into a networked system and you are pretty much good to go. The seller will give you all the training and knowledge to be able to do this.

This seems to be more of a lack of concern than one of sheer incompetence as surely one of the military top brass in BD has noticed this and mentioned it to the political leadership but nothing has been done as of yet.

I am utterly appalled that BD has no real means to defend itself in 2021 from an impoverished hole called Myanmar next door. BD should be the one doing the bullying and not the other way round.

I dunno whats going on man.

It's embarrassing to be honest.

But I would hope the leadership understands what a slap in the face the country got from Myanmar and would take steps to make sure that never happens again.

Assembly rights ? interesting. I think the Swiss will go for the Gripen tbh.

Airbus offers to assemble Eurofighter in Switzerland to win $6.5 billion deal -report (msn.com)
Sweden is always keen on ToT. Previously they provided us Aslam:

Sweden is always keen on ToT. Previously they provided us Aslam:
An interesting thing about swiss fighter procurement is that the swiss public will get to Vote on it.
i think the public rejected the Gripen in a vote a few years ago.

Apparently US has thousands of F-16, F-15 , F-18 in boneyards which can be put into operation with some servicing and extend their airframe lives upto 25 years.
1624884598775.png

@SpaceMan18 got some spare F-16? asking for a friend.

An interesting thing about swiss fighter procurement is that the swiss public will get to Vote on it.
i think the public rejected the Gripen in a vote a few years ago.

Apparently US has thousands of F-16, F-15 , F-18 in boneyards which can be put into operation with some servicing and extend their airframe lives upto 25 years.
View attachment 757393

@SpaceMan18 got some spare F-16? asking for a friend.

RC turbine jet F-16 scale 1:4 - YouTube

Does this count lol ?

RAF consultants are professional thinkers and planners but our politicians are not. They will not see what the RAF guys will see. They will find out ways to negate the recommendations.

Every damn important thing is decided by our dumb politicians. Or is it decided by one person?

RAF consultants are professional thinkers and planners but our politicians are not. They will not see what the RAF guys will see. They will find out ways to negate the recommendations.

Every damn important thing is decided by our dumb politicians. Or is it decided by one person?

However bad BAF is in planning we should develop our own plans. No foreign consultants can really set national policy.

We must not involve others in my opinion..... good or bad we must learn, accept mistakes might be made and then work to correct it

However bad BAF is in planning we should develop our own plans. No foreign consultants can really set national policy.

We must not involve others in my opinion..... good or bad we must learn, accept mistakes might be made and then work to correct it
We need some guidance though, we essentially have to rebuild BAF due to decades of neglect. Institutions like RAF, USAF can help us build a professional (not the Indian Air Force kind of professional ) institution with well trained , well motivated pilots and ground crew. The secret ingredient is funding and training.

Air forces that have been trained in western style by USAF, RAF have been able to defeat bigger ,well equipped opponents. PAF vs IAF.

What i'm going to say , is going to be controversial but BAF needs more trainers if it wants to have a potent Air Force.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom