What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Why do you think gripen won’t hold its own against rafale? 🤔
It has world class ecw and avionics suite and can hold its own against all us fighters including f15s, except f22 and f35s. Rafale is no where near the level of f22s so I would like to know why your conclusion is that

It can, but its range is smaller with much less loitering time. It is also slower.

In wvr combat scenario grippen has advantage but in terms of BVR it can not compete.

Really twin engine gets with greater service ceiling simply needs fly high look down and take out jets below it...

This is how grippen will lose each and every time against rafale.

For the same reasons why EFT will also win against rafale.

It can, but its range is smaller with much less loitering time. It is also slower.

In wvr combat scenario grippen has advantage but in terms of BVR it can not compete.

Really twin engine gets with greater service ceiling simply needs fly high look down and take out jets below it...

Fair enough.

Fair enough but I would have to disagree with Gripen's dispersal strategy angle. Having the option of being able to take off from the thousands of kms of motorways that have been and will be built in BD over this decade always gives you more options.

Also remember that BAF can buy and operate twice as many Gripens as EFT and so would 16 EFTs be a better deterrent than 32-40 Gripens? I would say yes, as the EFT is a fair bit better in the air-to-air role than the Rafale that India would have.

Dispersing assets is obviously a great strategy but we will need numbers for it to make sense. Swedish position is a sound one and BD can learn from this. However we have so few proper capable jets that i would contend we need to keep them together to ensure greatest punch can be delivered. The philosophy is an old one developed by artilary brigades who found that even though dispersing assets increases longevity, ultimately artilary is most effective in concentration.

Dispersing assets is obviously a great strategy but we will need numbers for it to make sense. Swedish position is a sound one and BD can learn from this. However we have so few proper capable jets that i would contend we need to keep them together to ensure greatest punch can be delivered. The philosophy is an old one developed by artilary brigades who found that even though dispersing assets increases longevity, ultimately artilary is most effective in concentration.

Well artillery and jet fighters are not the same thing.

Jet fighters can be physically spaced 10s of kms apart but still come together in minutes when needed in combat.

BAF will one day operate over 100 fighter aircraft although probably not this decade.

I really think that BD due to geography should start looking at building a dispersal infrastructure along the lines of Sweden. It does not want to be in a situation where it loses all its fighter aircraft on the first day with a mass attack by bombs, missiles and MLRS by India.

Both Eurofighter and Gripen!

Then 2035+ 1 squadron of a 5th gen.

Who says no?

1619065534770.png

Last edited:
Well artillery and jet fighters are not the same thing.

Jet fighters can be physically spaced 10s of kms apart but still come together in minutes when needed in combat.

BAF will one day operate over 100 fighter aircraft although probably not this decade.

I really think that BD due to geography should start looking at building a dispersal infrastructure along the lines of Sweden. It does not want to be in a situation where it loses all its fighter aircraft on the first day with a mass attack by bombs, missiles and MLRS by India.

I dont disagree with your point in any way.

Who says no?

View attachment 736344

Certainly makes sense vis a vis weapons package, EW suites.

Talking about buying gripen. Don't we need to sign deal with USA because it has American Engine.

I have to disagree here.

There is more of a difference between EFT and Rafale than Rafale to Gripen in BVR.

Let us take a BVR fight between the AESA and Meteor equipped Rafale and the AESA and Meteor equipped Gripen E or C version with plug-in Swedish AESA radar and upgraded electronics:

Rafale service ceiling and max speed at altitude: 16 000m and Mach 1.8
Gripen service ceiling and max speed at altitude: 15-16000m and Mach 2.0

Although the Rafale has greater T/W ratio, it does not have the canard-delta design and so probably in high altitude BVR duels, they would be somewhat equal in aerodynamic manouverability although the Rafale would have the edge in terms of range and weapons load.

I would think that you can say that EFT would win almost every single time against Rafale but you cannot say the same about Rafale against Gripen with AESA radar and Meteor.

Who says no?

Hey man, so for us outsiders who are very supportive and inquisitive as to what the BAF is going to do next, is the Eurtofighter Typhoon deal a tender or is it an official request by the BAF to look into the possibility of acquiring what, 8 of them? Love that aircraft and hope it comes to fruition.

Hey man, so for us outsiders who are very supportive and inquisitive as to what the BAF is going to do next, is the Eurtofighter Typhoon deal a tender or is it an official request by the BAF to look into the possibility of acquiring what, 8 of them? Love that aircraft and hope it comes to fruition.

16, under G2G deal. Previous tender is cancelled.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom