What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

True.

And EFT gives generals a massive chance for commision without compromisimg Their masters.

Imagine the amaount of offensive drones and SAMs you could get for 4 billion though..
We do need drones and SAMs but they can't substitute fighter jets.
Drones have near zero counter measures against missiles while SAMs are useless against high flying jets.
Having said that spending 4 billion on 16 EFTs without building a backbone first with single engine fighters is comically stupid.

Having said that spending 4 billion on 16 EFTs without building a backbone first with single engine fighters is comically stupid.
i thought 2.9 billion USD was requested ? don't know where the 4 billion comes from.
I believe BAF will at some time near 2025 issue a tender for single engine fighters to replace old F-7s

i thought 2.9 billion USD was requested ? don't know where the 4 billion comes from.
I believe BAF will at some time near 2025 issue a tender for single engine fighters to replace old F-7s
3 or 4 billion the point remains. BAF will struggle to find funding for single engine fighters for several years due to the massive debt the EFTs will bring. You watch.

3 or 4 billion the point remains. BAF will struggle to find funding for single engine fighters for several years due to the massive debt the EFTs will bring. You watch.
My fear is that once these f-7 start falling out of the sky (God forbid) , BAF will start the process of replacing them.
The F-7MB airframes shouldn't have much life left in them. They need to start the process of replacing them next year with an open tender not like the MRCA tender (made specifically for Russia) and went on
to waste 7 years twiddling their thumbs. Although, i'm glad we didn't get Su-30 and Mig-35.

Do look at Boeing’s loyal wingman program. Sure can’t win at pure kinematic performace but can hold itself well enough in increasingly AI driven society.
Exactly BAF should focus on AI. Easy force milultiplier and maybe cheper but effective if purchased in large numbers
If (BIG IF ) this source is to be trusted , BAF might get minimum weapons package. As long as Meteors and anti-ship are procured i think it should deter MyAF

Also, anyone know when the F-7MBs where procured ? Maybe Ershad era ? Just asking
So next year BD signs agreement of a plane to replace f7? Hopefully its J10.

But really the process is too slow. Once the awamileague goes, hopefully the pace will pickup.

Hopefully by 2025-2026 BAF has 1-2 squadrons of EFT, backed up by 3-4 suadrons of J10.

Hopefully by that time BAF has better SAMs and drones.

Last edited:
Exactly what’s going to happen. With building up capacity they cannot hope to reach capability parity with the neighbors. These guys from that source talk like 100% of EFT will be available at all times.
😂
Currently mig 29s don’t have that level of uptime, they’ll argue. But even at 50% 8 fighter jets is nothing to defend skies with even in a BVR engagement since enemy force is likely to be greater in numbers

Exactly what’s going to happen. With building up capacity they cannot hope to reach capability parity with the neighbors. These guys from that source talk like 100% of EFT will be available at all times.
😂
Currently mig 29s don’t have that level of uptime, they’ll argue. But even at 50% 8 fighter jets is nothing to defend skies with even in a BVR engagement since enemy force is likely to be greater in numbers

The capacity constrains also impact our neigbouring countries. With a defensive posture 8 EFT for a time is fine.... there is nothing at all in the IAF inventory that compares other than raffles and we are unlikely to face the maximum of 18 raffles that could be available to IAF at any time when the full complement is handed over.

However saying all that BAF has no clue. I doubt their professionalism and morale. EFT is no instant fix, we need more fighters and in any conflict BA needs to take out the IAF bases to give BD breathing space. I disagree on the parity issue. Yes we can not match IAF in absolute numbers but with qualitatively better air dominance jets, adequate sam coverage, enough low performing jets for point defense we can defend BD.

To take the fight to the enemy is another matter all together, it will require a quantum leap in capabilities and I doubt any one in BAF even by mistake ever considered such an option.

If I was a military planner and i would take the iranian option each and every time.... build a huge sam/ssm force.... then start building up other capabilities.

Looking at the conditions of IAF and BAF it gets clearer how successful the PAF is!! How do they maintain 400+ battle ready fighters with a meager budget?!?! Not to mention AWACS, EW, refueling, AD, radars etc.!!! And, that too with extensive ops, training, maintenance, weapons, in-house manufacturing, R&D etc.!! BAF should learn from PAF....

The capacity constrains also impact our neigbouring countries. With a defensive posture 8 EFT for a time is fine.... there is nothing at all in the IAF inventory that compares other than raffles and we are unlikely to face the maximum of 18 raffles that could be available to IAF at any time when the full complement is handed over.

However saying all that BAF has no clue. I doubt their professionalism and morale. EFT is no instant fix, we need more fighters and in any conflict BA needs to take out the IAF bases to give BD breathing space. I disagree on the parity issue. Yes we can not match IAF in absolute numbers but with qualitatively better air dominance jets, adequate sam coverage, enough low performing jets for point defense we can defend BD.

To take the fight to the enemy is another matter all together, it will require a quantum leap in capabilities and I doubt any one in BAF even by mistake ever considered such an option.

If I was a military planner and i would take the iranian option each and every time.... build a huge sam/ssm force.... then start building up other capabilities.
BA will have to build up its SAM and SRM game.

relying on BAF is suicide.

Atleast SAM and short range cruise missles...

why is BAF so useless.

😂

Bangladeshi airspace is rather small, and I don't know if it is a solace or it is a curse. Meaning how many fighters will be needed....

While capacity constrains effect them too they’re in a much better position than BAF, with one squadron rafale deployed in eastern command and atleast one sukhoi, we are nowhere near minimum deterrence with 8 or 16 EFT
With that same 3.5-4 bln we could have gone for 2 squadron gripens. A much cost effective choice
If you remember I used to be against gripen but now after seeing our abysmal situation it’s a no brainer to select gripen or f16 block 60-70 for Bangladesh’s use case
Bangladeshi airspace is rather small, and I don't know if it is a solace or it is a curse. Meaning how many fighters will be needed....
Bro British airspace was also tiny but they needed to have their planes saved up for massive assault ofc not comparable to modern warfare but quantity is necessary especially when you neighbor dwarfs you.
pakistan god their airforce model right. Have decent number of aircrafts that gets the job done well enough

Last edited:
Looking at the conditions of IAF and BAF it gets clearer how successful the PAF is!! How do they maintain 400+ battle ready fighters with a meager budget?!?! Not to mention AWACS, EW, refueling, AD, radars etc.!!! And, that too with extensive ops, training, maintenance, weapons, in-house manufacturing, R&D etc.!! BAF should learn from PAF....
A quality post from you??!!! What happened, everything okay at home?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom