What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Air chief Marshal Msihuzamman Serniabat, Chief of Bangladesh Air Force, flew with Gp Capt Vivart Singh, Test Pilot with National Flight Test Center, Aeronautical Development Agency on LCA Tejas during #AeroIndia21

In the 30 minutes of force, he witnessed SWING ROLE capability of the aircraft using the radar, laser destination pod, helmet mounted display and sighting system assisted by excellent pilot vehicle interface provided on the glass cockpit of the aircraft.

He was also demonstrated bombing of targets using 1000 lb bombs on targets acquired on synthetic aperture radar mode. Later he carried out loop, barrel roll and hard turns. He was overwhelmed by the carefree handling and excellent manoeuvrability of the aircraft. At the end of flight, he appreciated ease of flying of Tejas aircraft and was impressed with the swing role capability of the aircraft.

1612867030036.png

IMO Bangladesh should pursue the Gripen E/F. I don't think they'll have a problem securing a financing facility from Sweden (e.g., great economic outlook). Order 36 aircraft, and then finance them (including maintenance costs) for 12 years, and after that, pivot to the KAI KFX. Don't worry about fighter numbers; make the early move to UCAVs via air-teaming.
So, if it had been me, I would start with 36 JAS-39E/Fs with GlobalEye AEW&C, MBDA Meteor AAMs, and SCALP ALCMs. Get a financing facility from Sweden, and pay it off over 12 years. This cost will comprise of both the acquisition and the maintenance. You can even get Saab, GE, and MBDA to engage in offset agreements with your industry; basically, get the defence money to feedback into your manufacturing.

Then from the early 2030s, pivot to 18 KAI KFX (e.g., $4 b).

If we really have to go for aircraft with American systems one way or another then i don't see the problem in getting a all American aircraft like F-16, F-18 or F-15. Is it possible to integrate EU and Turkish weapons in them?

It wasn't not about being a fanboy. Even i am a fanboy of American aircraft. It was about the possibility.

What the hell else does BAF want?

20% commission and mutton rezala. 🍖

Hasina wants Tejas

Tej-***!!

Air chief Marshal Msihuzamman Serniabat, Chief of Bangladesh Air Force, flew with Gp Capt Vivart Singh, Test Pilot with National Flight Test Center, Aeronautical Development Agency on LCA Tejas during #AeroIndia21

In the 30 minutes of force, he witnessed SWING ROLE capability of the aircraft using the radar, laser destination pod, helmet mounted display and sighting system assisted by excellent pilot vehicle interface provided on the glass cockpit of the aircraft.

He was also demonstrated bombing of targets using 1000 lb bombs on targets acquired on synthetic aperture radar mode. Later he carried out loop, barrel roll and hard turns. He was overwhelmed by the carefree handling and excellent manoeuvrability of the aircraft. At the end of flight, he appreciated ease of flying of Tejas aircraft and was impressed with the swing role capability of the aircraft.

View attachment 714869

If we really have to go for aircraft with American systems one way or another then i don't see the problem in getting a all American aircraft like F-16, F-18 or F-15. Is it possible to integrate EU and Turkish weapons in them?

It wasn't not about being a fanboy. Even i am a fanboy of American aircraft. It was about the possibility.

20% commission and mutton rezala. 🍖

Tej-***!!
New 3rd party integration will cost a lot of money. It's not worth it with the Europeans -- just go with what they've already added to the platform. The Gripen probably has the most diverse weapons line-up in the form of both US and European munitions, can't go wrong.

New 3rd party integration will cost a lot of money. It's not worth it with the Europeans -- just go with what they've already added to the platform. The Gripen probably has the most diverse weapons line-up in the form of both US and European munitions, can't go wrong.

Not to mention that the Gripen is pretty much plug and play with other force multipliers like Global Eye AWACS and A330 MRTT tankers.

By far the most logical buy for the BAF to keep them going till 5th gen fighters become available in the 2030s.

Last edited:
Not to mention that the Gripen is pretty much plug and play with other force multipliers like Global Eye AWACS and A330 MRTT tankers.

By far the most logical buy for the BAF to keep them going till 5th gen fighters become available till the 2030s.

Lol an autistic child can think better than the BAF , you expect them to buy such a logically great thing when they have the option to also not buy anything ?

If BAF doesn't get anything this year or next year , it's over

By far the most logical buy for the BAF to keep them going till 5th gen fighters become available till the 2030s.
Someone should hook up Saab with Haris. I see no hope otherwise.

It may just be a video game, but DCS is based off of real world metrics/performance/simulation of aircrafts and their missiles...

It may just be a video game, but DCS is based off of real world metrics/performance/simulation of aircrafts and their missiles...
I’m wondering if the tactics demonstrated is even logical. Is this a simulation, multiplayer or player vs cpu?
Mig 29 SE are BVR capable. They carry r77 I don’t know where the YouTuber was going with this

I’m wondering if the tactics demonstrated is even logical. Is this a simulation, multiplayer or player vs cpu?

DCS is a video game simulation but it uses real world metrics/performance/AI to get a close picture of reality. Their aircraft modules are submitted by the vendors. IE F16 modules came from lockheed engineers and the recent JF-17 module came from CAC engineers. Speed, rate of turn, radar range, drag, missile performance etc... are all the real thing computed in an AI environment.

This allows for every single detail such as HMS/HUD layouts to cockpit switches match the real fighter jet.

Notice in the above video, the JF-17B2 radar is able to track the large RCS mig-29s until well their in the kill zone of the SD-10 missiles (30 nautical miles). Likewise the mig-29s do not have advanced radars or bvr missiles as the JF-17 which also has much lower radar cross section than the Mig-29. This is real world metrics.

DCS is a video game simulation but it uses real world metrics/performance/AI to get a close picture of reality. Their aircraft modules are submitted by the vendors. IE F16 modules came from lockheed engineers and the recent JF-17 module came from CAC engineers. Speed, rate of turn, radar range, drag, missile performance etc... are all the real thing computed in an AI environment.

This allows for every single detail such as HMS/HUD layouts to cockpit switches match the real fighter jet.

Notice in the above video, the JF-17B2 radar is able to track the large RCS mig-29s until well their in the kill zone of the SD-10 missiles (30 nautical miles). Likewise the mig-29s do not have advanced radars or bvr missiles as the JF-17 which also has much lower radar cross section than the Mig-29. This is real world metrics.

so this simulation is saying that its good for Bangladesh to buy JF17? or bad?

What I don’t get is BAF mig 29 she are BVR capable. It’s a SE variant. 🤔
But I’m not surprised at the outcome. It takes into account a 20 year old jet vs a less than 10 yo

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom