What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Zero chance of Rafale being procured. A lot of countries visit Bangladeshi officials and hand brochures. I know enough defence personnel to know how many souvenirs they receive from suppliers promoting their products. Means nothing.

Rafale is simply not affordable. For the same reason EFT is also less likely. DGDP is also mighty pissed at the Russians due to their arm-twisting aftersales tactics although they have many lobbyists. J-10s are most likely to fullfill the approved procurement of 16 fighter jets.

Rafale and Eurofighters are money death traps. It will be better to go for J10 or Gripens,
get them in bigger numbers.

Zero chance of Rafale being procured. A lot of countries visit Bangladeshi officials and hand brochures. I know enough defence personnel to know how many souvenirs they receive from suppliers promoting their products. Means nothing.

Rafale is simply not affordable. For the same reason EFT is also less likely. DGDP is also mighty pissed at the Russians due to their arm-twisting aftersales tactics although they have many lobbyists. J-10s are most likely to fullfill the approved procurement of 16 fighter jets.
J10 as mrca ? Not gonna happen. Mark my words. It's not about brochure. Even COAS said we need something cutting edge tech. They are taking so much time to procure 16 jets. And it's not gonna be Chinese. Something double engine will come for sure. Forget Russians due to catsaa and those companies are blacklisted by USA

J10 as mrca ? Not gonna happen. Mark my words. It's not about brochure. Even COAS said we need something cutting edge tech. They are taking so much time to procure 16 jets. And it's not gonna be Chinese. Something double engine will come for sure. Forget Russians due to catsaa and those companies are blacklisted by USA
CAS mama also said we need something cost effective. BAF also terms MiG-29B (analog cockpit, non-BVR radar) as "ottadhunik" so there's that for "cutting edge".

Ultimately what they say in public means "kaker thang".

CAATSA apart DGDP is singing "kaata laga" from their experience of dealing with the Russians.
Even Russian made MiG-29s are getting upgraded in Belarus. Contract for MRO plant for Russian made BTR-80 has gone to the Ukrainians. How is that for a middle finger? Russians are out.

If it is not Chinese it will be 16 EFTs and then BAF will be going to sleep for another 10 years until F-7BG/BGIs start falling off the sky every other day like the MBs as there is no way the govt is approving more than 1 squadron of EFTs in the next 5 years due to costs.

Also please stop treating the specs listed in the failed 2017 tender for Russian jets as Gospel. Erase it from your memories as it has no bearing on procurement today. I see @The Ronin make the same mistake.
The 16 jets approved DO NOT have to be twin engine.

My prefered options for 4.5 gen (until 5th gen becomes available and affordable) are as follows (most to least preferred) considering affordability and strategic benefits:

4 sqd Gripen E/F

2 sqd Gripen E/F + 2 sqd J-10C

3 sqd Gripen E/F + 1 sqd EFT

3 sqd J-10C + 1 sqd EFT

4 sqd J-10C

BAF morons fail to see the benefits of Gripen as detailed by @Avicenna , @UKBengali , @Bilal Khan (Quwa) and myself many times so the most likely contenders for the 16 jets are J-10C and EFT.

Last edited:
Hey you know what we should have done? Taken China up on the offer to move f7 assembly line to bd. Atleast we could pump out f7s like t34 tanks
Afterall Stalin did say, quantity has a quality of its own
At least we could have then considered adding BVR capable radars to the fleet to put up credible air defence and readied BAF for assembly of fifth gen fighters further down the track.

Hey you know what we should have done? Taken China up on the offer to move f7 assembly line to bd. Atleast we could pump out f7s like t34 tanks

BAF needs a 4th gen or 4.5 gen jet not a 3rd gen F7, that will be a step backwards.

BAF needs a 4th gen or 4.5 gen jet not a 3rd gen F7, that will be a step backwards.

I agree but I get Michael Core line’s point. Having an assembly line would give Bangladesh hands on experience with assembling/testing/maintaining fighter aircraft. Such experience would come in handy down the road.

Yes, F7 could have been to Bangladesh what MiG21 was to India and JF17 is to Pakistan. First hand experience in production and maintenance/overhaul of a supersonic fighter.

Then they could have used that experience in maintaining the Tejas, which is a generation ahead in material science and avionics. :coffee::coffee:

Last edited:
Yes, F7 could have been to Bangladesh what MiG21 was to India and JF17 is to Pakistan. First hand experience in production and maintenance/overhaul of a supersonic fighter.

Then they could have used that experience in maintaining the Tejas, which is a generation ahead in material science and avionics. :coffee::coffee:
yea. Made of f22 raptors left nut

China would have given the assembly line to us at minimal cost. I thought at the time it was a mistake not taking it and still do. BD could have produced several sqd of F7 by now. I agree quantity matters...

It would have given us valuable skills..... as ever BAF leadership have sh*t for brains.... what the hell is the point of aeronautical collage or whatever with the intention of building trainers....we could have been putting together actual fighters although they are at best 3+G. BAF with lets say 100 BGI's positioned around the bases would give second thought to our enemies. They are good enough for point defense.

BAF absolute disgrace to the race.

China would have given the assembly line to us at minimal cost. I thought at the time it was a mistake not taking it and still do. BD could have produced several sqd of F7 by now. I agree quantity matters...

It would have given us valuable skills..... as ever BAF leadership have sh*t for brains.... what the hell is the point of aeronautical collage or whatever with the intention of building trainers....we could have been putting together actual fighters although they are at best 3+G. BAF with lets say 100 BGI's positioned around the bases would give second thought to our enemies. They are good enough for point defense.

BAF absolute disgrace to the race.
3g fighters are still better than latest trainers in many ways and I agree with you.
BAF is an absolute disgrace, basically the whole of armed forces is.

3g fighters are still better than latest trainers in many ways and I agree with you.
BAF is an absolute disgrace, basically the whole of armed forces is.

Well dawg honestly I don't even know what BAF is even thinking of , I have a bad feeling that if BAF doesn't get anything Myanmar will use this weakness and do something about it.

People over here saying we will get our fighters by 2025 , but the thing is why would BAF keep a secret of making a deal to buy fighters ? And 2025 is 5 years less than 2030 aka our MUH HUH FORCES GOAL 2030.

I have lost hope for BAF a long time ago , I went from expecting SU30s,SU35s to hoping for J-10s and or EFT to now not even giving a single dam.

Well dawg honestly I don't even know what BAF is even thinking of , I have a bad feeling that if BAF doesn't get anything Myanmar will use this weakness and do something about it.

People over here saying we will get our fighters by 2025 , but the thing is why would BAF keep a secret of making a deal to buy fighters ? And 2025 is 5 years less than 2030 aka our MUH HUH FORCES GOAL 2030.

I have lost hope for BAF a long time ago , I went from expecting SU30s,SU35s to hoping for J-10s and or EFT to now not even giving a single dam.
Me and @DalalErMaNodi have discussed this. Bangladesh will do nothing about it until myanmar does a Pearl Harbor on Bangladesh. When they see their frigates and subs sunk in Chittagong harbor they’ll change for sure

Me and @DalalErMaNodi have discussed this. Bangladesh will do nothing about it until myanmar does a Pearl Harbor on Bangladesh. When they see their frigates and subs sunk in Chittagong harbor they’ll change for sure

BAF is going to run away like the French in ww2 , they expect India to save their asses :rofl:

Like what's the point of Bangladesh if India is going to indirectly control you ?

BAF is going to run away like the French in ww2 , they expect India to save their asses :rofl:

Like what's the point of Bangladesh if India is going to indirectly control you ?
I reckon eventually bd will either be annexed into india along with Pakistan if they play their cards right or the three countries will become vassals states of China. Let’s see who wins

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom