What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

IMO Bangladesh should pursue the Gripen E/F. I don't think they'll have a problem securing a financing facility from Sweden (e.g., great economic outlook). Order 36 aircraft, and then finance them (including maintenance costs) for 12 years, and after that, pivot to the KAI KFX. Don't worry about fighter numbers; make the early move to UCAVs via air-teaming.
@The Ronin:
Is @Bilal Khan (Quwa) too a "Gripen fanboy" now? :lol:

@Avicenna @UKBengali

I always was ;)

IMO no situation is too dire. BAF is at the crux of a huge opportunity to totally revolutionize itself for the future. I didn't like the idea of acquiring dozens of J-10CEs, or trying to run multiple platforms based on the size or origin. This isn't optimal resource use.

Your military should start reflecting your economic thinking: efficient and forward-looking.

So, if it had been me, I would start with 36 JAS-39E/Fs with GlobalEye AEW&C, MBDA Meteor AAMs, and SCALP ALCMs. Get a financing facility from Sweden, and pay it off over 12 years. This cost will comprise of both the acquisition and the maintenance. You can even get Saab, GE, and MBDA to engage in offset agreements with your industry; basically, get the defence money to feedback into your manufacturing.

Then from the early 2030s, pivot to 18 KAI KFX (e.g., $4 b).

You might think it's weird to only have 54 manned aircraft, but the future is in UCAVs. So, push more of your investment in air-teaming/loyal wingman drones, attack drones, etc. You should look at designing your own air-teaming UCAVs (the starting point is target drone tech), and manufacturing them in large numbers. If you can evolve to a stealthy UCAV, then all the power to you.

I always was ;)

IMO no situation is too dire. BAF is at the crux of a huge opportunity to totally revolutionize itself for the future. I didn't like the idea of acquiring dozens of J-10CEs, or trying to run multiple platforms based on the size or origin. This isn't optimal resource use.

Your military should start reflecting your economic thinking: efficient and forward-looking.

So, if it had been me, I would start with 36 JAS-39E/Fs with GlobalEye AEW&C, MBDA Meteor AAMs, and SCALP ALCMs. Get a financing facility from Sweden, and pay it off over 12 years. This cost will comprise of both the acquisition and the maintenance. You can even get Saab, GE, and MBDA to engage in offset agreements with your industry; basically, get the defence money to feedback into your manufacturing.

Then from the early 2030s, pivot to 18 KAI KFX (e.g., $4 b).

You might think it's weird to only have 54 manned aircraft, but the future is in UCAVs. So, push more of your investment in air-teaming/loyal wingman drones, attack drones, etc. You should look at designing your own air-teaming UCAVs (the starting point is target drone tech), and manufacturing them in large numbers. If you can evolve to a stealthy UCAV, then all the power to you.

To be honest, I wish you were in charge of BAF procurement instead of the likely muppets they have there now.

To much truth in one post.

Not a fanboy of Gripen but it makes absolute sense in the political, financial and tactical sense.

If your adversaries fly Flankers, Gripen is for you.

If you have a maritime mission, Gripen is for you.

If economics matters to you, Gripen is for you. (Cheap operating costs.)

Short field performance will matter as well.

And it will set you up for the 5th generation and UCAVs.

Too much sense.

But it seems we have idiots/crooks in high positions of power.

I will just leave this link here.

What the hell else does BAF want?

To be honest, I wish you were in charge of BAF procurement instead of the likely muppets they have there now.

To much truth in one post.

Not a fanboy of Gripen but it makes absolute sense in the political, financial and tactical sense.

If your adversaries fly Flankers, Gripen is for you.

If you have a maritime mission, Gripen is for you.

If economics matters to you, Gripen is for you. (Cheap operating costs.)

Short field performance will matter as well.

And it will set you up for the 5th generation and UCAVs.

Too much sense.

But it seems we have idiots/crooks in high positions of power.

I will just leave this link here.

BAF is utterly useless , it's been years now and they keep using the same old $hitty excuses and now the Covid-19 excuse.

Covid-19 is not an excuse to not make a deal with SAAB to buy some dam Gripens

It's 2021 and we still don't see any news on about the MRCA , they have been silent like nothing ever happened.

If we do not make a deal right now , by the time we induct new fighter jets we could of inducted 5th gen fighters instead.

We despratley need to get some dam fighters cause Myanmar is still going to harass us with their SU30s and or Jf-17s.

Myanmar aka a country who's sanctioned and has a lower GDP than us has a better air force

Sad

BAF wants a lot of things (EFT, Su30, mig 35,f16, f18, gripen)😂

question is what Hasina bibi wants
Myanmar aka a country who's sanctioned and has a lower GDP than us has a better air force

Sad
If you use this argument there will be some who argue, we’ve got a better navy than Canada.
yeah such muppets exist

BAF wants a lot of things (EFT, Su30, mig 35,f16, f18, gripen)😂

question is what Hasina bibi wants

If you use this argument there will be some who argue, we’ve got a better navy than Canada.
yeah such muppets exist

You and I both know Bengalis/Bangladeshis can be very analytical, intelligent, and wise.

Perhaps PM Hasina should step aside and delegate this task to some capable individuals rather than herself or any of her loyal but less capable people.

As @Bilal Khan (Quwa) has stated, this is a pivotal time for BAF to transition away from its traditional sources and move into the Western fold. i.e. major leap in capability.

A wrong decision here will set back the BAF tremendously.

Again, I reiterate, I would rather have 32-36 Gripen E than 16 Eurofighters or any other platform.

If BD is worried about the US/China balance, the Gripen allows BAF to source an affordable Western platform without completely being reliant on the US. (I know I know US sourced engine)

The case of Sweden and Bangladesh have some interesting parallels.

It's the most logical choice, but of course we at home don't have all the facts in hand.

It's beyond pathetic at this point.

You and I both know Bengalis/Bangladeshis can be very analytical, intelligent, and wise.

Perhaps PM Hasina should step aside and delegate this task to some capable individuals rather than herself or any of her loyal but less capable people.

As @Bilal Khan (Quwa) has stated, this is a pivotal time for BAF to transition away from its traditional sources and move into the Western fold. i.e. major leap in capability.

Again, I reiterate, I would rather have 32-36 Gripen E than 16 Eurofighters or any other platform.

If BD is worried about the US/China balance, the Gripen allows BAF to source an affordable Western platform without completely being reliant on the US. (I know I know US sourced engine)

It's the most logical choice, but of course we at home don't have all the facts in hand.

I wouldn’t expect a narc to relinquish power, they thrive on it.
669315C1-405B-4599-9E17-1ED33D063433.jpeg

1C504BAF-6600-4E33-AB4E-E3C3719197A1.jpeg

BAF has become a meme😂😂😂😂

I agree , they don't care until it's too late
People in procurement of baf are old and useless. They choose different things and get confused and then buy nothing.Need some fresh young ambitious officers in there

I wish ,but as always old people are the ones sending the young ones to die

The chosen must be really careful. After 2030 Bangladesh probably only has J 31, SU 57, and KFX/IFX (if program is inshaAllah successful) as option as India will induct AMCA. USA will not let Muslim countries have F35. Indonesia proposal to get F35 has been rejected by Trump administration. TFX has engine issue that hasnt been fixed now with their indigenous engine and hasnt yet got USA approval to get F 110 engine if their indigenous engine is not ready yet in time.

There also is fear that China will not let Bangladesh to have J 31 or J 20 after 2030 due to its connection with Myanmar. Bangladesh economy around 2030's will be 1 trillion USD so Bangladesh have financial capability to induct latest generation fighter.

The plane that want to be bought should be inline with future induction. If Bangladesh keep buying Russian fighter it means it has long planning to get SU 57.

1612514854958.png

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom