What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Love the colors of this thing.

EtEdlSpXMAUudzM

Well today I will intro a non-sexy bird, but still a practical one - the Cessna 408 Sky Courier.

Textron's Cessna division developed it from the Cessna 208 caravan which we already use with BAF. However this new twin turbo-prop is the ideal next generation twin-otter, exclusively designed with 3 LD3 unit cargo capability (see below) which will revolutionize air cargo shipments, enabling quick turnaround and maximum utilization for the aircraft. It also uses the same (improved) PT6 Turbo-props as the Twin-Otter. I am guessing float equipped operation for local rivers/lakes is also possible, when float-makers (possibly Grumman and others) come up with float packages.

skycourier-ld3s-cutaway.ashx

Passenger seating units can also be used - 19 seater configuration
skycourier-passenger-ready.ashx

I have high hopes that these will be far more practical than the smaller prop cargo utility platforms now in use at BAF.

First flight was May last year. FAA certification is not far away.

Max. Capacity is 5000 lbs but if you reduce cargo/fuel payload to 2000 lbs, these things have long enough range from Dhaka to New Delhi, Kunming, Chengdu, Hanoi and Bangkok. Quite a feat, I must admit.

Here's a short video.

Textron's Cessna division developed it from the Cessna 208 caravan which we already use with BAF.

Not BAF. Only one Cessna 208 Caravan is operational in Army Aviation.
I have high hopes that these will be far more practical than the smaller prop cargo utility platforms now in use at BAF.

BAF already operates three types of transport aircraft. The three L-410 UVP-E20 it operates for training C-130 pilots mainly at reduced expense. So for the next two light aircraft, L 410 NG would be the most logical choice which is better than Cessna 408 and already in production. So there's no need for another type of light aircraft similar to L-410. Rather we can buy some heavy cargo like C-17/IL-76/A-400M.

Last edited:
Well today I will intro a non-sexy bird, but still a practical one - the Cessna 408 Sky Courier.

Textron's Cessna division developed it from the Cessna 208 caravan which we already use with BAF. However this new twin turbo-prop is the ideal next generation twin-otter, exclusively designed with 3 LD3 unit cargo capability (see below) which will revolutionize air cargo shipments, enabling quick turnaround and maximum utilization for the aircraft. It also uses the same (improved) PT6 Turbo-props as the Twin-Otter. I am guessing float equipped operation for local rivers/lakes is also possible, when float-makers (possibly Grumman and others) come up with float packages.

skycourier-ld3s-cutaway.ashx

Passenger seating units can also be used - 19 seater configuration
skycourier-passenger-ready.ashx

First flight was May last year. FAA certification is not far away.

Max. Capacity is 5000 lbs but if you reduce cargo/fuel payload to 2000 lbs, these things have long enough range from Dhaka to New Delhi, Kunming, Chengdu, Hanoi and Bangkok. Quite a feat, I must admit.

Here's a short video.

Similar class with N 219 that has completed the certification process December last year. I think they copy our plane design.

1612155927013.png

1612156104957.png

1612156063145.png

1612156124410.png

Passenger type

The amphibious version is currently being developed, I think it will be very useful for Bangladesh that have huge rivers going through your land.

@Bilal9 We can extend the range by hardening the wings to make them able to have two additional fuel tanks like what we have made to NC212i for Vietnam.

1612157176786.png

Similar class with N 219 that has completed the certification process December last year. I think they copy our plane design.

View attachment 712329
View attachment 712333
View attachment 712331
View attachment 712334

Passenger type

The amphibious version is currently being developed, I think it will be very useful for Bangladesh that have huge rivers going through your land.

Masha'Allah very, very nice!

The Cessna Sky Courier did copy the N219 to some extent, but yours is actually a better design with the main undercarriage spread out and having more stability and robustness just like the Twin Otter.

Dr. Habibie had very ambitious plans for Nurtanio (for the CN235 and even for a jet powered CN250 at one time) but this smaller model is very practical for countries like Bangladesh to connect smaller remote communities.

I am sure if he was alive today, he would be proud about your nation's efforts in aerospace, as well as other arenas.

Yes floats are very practical in places like Mitha Moin in the North of Bangladesh, where roads are few and far between during rainy season and communities are cut off, being connected only by watercraft.

iu

Dr. Habibie had very ambitious plans for Nurtanio (for the CN235 and even for a jet powered CN250 at one time) but this smaller model is very practical for countries like Bangladesh to connect smaller remote communities.

Actually it was N 2130 and it was failed because we entered Asian Financial Crisis since 1997 and IMF forbid us to finance N 250 and N 2130 program despite both were still undergoing development phase during that time. You know that is the fate if we rely on some one else loan (with interest) badly. Rupiah fell from Rp 2000 per USD into Rp 18.000 per USD, you can see the magnitude of the crisis from that crazy depreciation.

If we develop the plane independently, we never use Casa (C) name. Casa is only used for CN 235 because we develop the plane together and for NC 212i because Indonesia get license to manufacture it and develop the plane a bit under Casa (Airbus) consent, this is why there is i (Indonesia) in NC 212i plane name.

N 2130 under wind tunnel test

1612244964282.png

Last edited:
Actually it was N 2130 and it was failed because we entered Asian Financial Crisis since 1997 and IMF forbid us to finance N 250 and N 2130 program despite both were still undergoing development phase during that time. You know that is the fate if we rely on some one else loan (with interest) badly. Rupiah fell from Rp 2000 per USD into Rp 18.000 per USD, you can see the magnitude of the crisis from that crazy depreciation.

If we develop the plane independently, we never use Casa (C) name. Casa is only used for CN 235 because we develop the plane together and for NC 212i because Indonesia get license to manufacture it and develop the plane a bit under Casa (Airbus) consent, this is why there is i (Indonesia) in NC 212i plane name.

N 2130 under wind tunnel test

View attachment 712828

I have feeling Bangladesh will probably go the Indonesian route of making aircrafts idk exactly

At the risk of getting beaten up in this thread:

how angry on a scale of one to ten would you guys be if the new aircraft turned out to be FTC-2000G? Personally I really, really hope that this isn’t the case.

I have feeling Bangladesh will probably go the Indonesian route of making aircrafts idk exactly

I think if you have already had an aviation university, you can build this plane below if your government support it. I think there will be many needs coming from Airforce and state and private aviation courses for smal propeller plane that can be used for flying course. Next will be making a business connection with established aerospace industry around the world and supply cheaper parts for them. At least 30 Bangladeshi diaspora who have experience building plane in world class aerospace industry should be brought back.

This is the first designed plane by Indonesian and it is produced in Indonesian Airforce depot facility where later it becomes Indonesian Aerospace. The designer is Nurtanio (Aviation engineer that study in Philippine) and he is the starter of Indonesian Aerospace, not Habibie. Habibie make it become an industry, the knowledge and experience has been gathered before Habibie comes and lead the company.

1612308040488.png

The LIPNUR Sikumbang (manufacturer designation X-01) was a low-wing monoplane of mixed construction built in Indonesia in 1954 as a COIN and anti-guerrilla-warfare aircraft. Of conventional configuration, it had fixed tricycle undercarriage and seated the pilot under a bubble canopy. A single example was built under the designation NU-200 in 1954, and another as the NU-225 in 1957. The latter machine was grounded in 1967.

At the risk of getting beaten up in this thread:

how angry on a scale of one to ten would you guys be if the new aircraft turned out to be FTC-2000G? Personally I really, really hope that this isn’t the case.

Lmao there is 0 chances it will be a FTC-2000G , I think the Mig-35 has more chances
I think if you have already had an aviation university, you can build this plane below if your government support it. I think there will be many needs coming from Airforce and state and private aviation courses for smal propeller plane that can be used for flying course. Next will be making a business connection with established aerospace industry around the world and supply cheaper parts for them. At least 30 Bangladeshi diaspora who have experience building plane in world class aerospace industry should be brought back.

This is the first designed plane by Indonesian and it is produced in Indonesian Airforce depot facility where later it becomes Indonesian Aerospace. The designer is Nurtanio (Aviation engineer that study in Philippine) and he is the starter of Indonesian Aerospace, not Habibie. Habibie make it become an industry, the knowledge and experience has been gathered before Habibie comes and lead the company.

View attachment 713089

The LIPNUR Sikumbang (manufacturer designation X-01) was a low-wing monoplane of mixed construction built in Indonesia in 1954 as a COIN and anti-guerrilla-warfare aircraft. Of conventional configuration, it had fixed tricycle undercarriage and seated the pilot under a bubble canopy. A single example was built under the designation NU-200 in 1954, and another as the NU-225 in 1957. The latter machine was grounded in 1967.

I agree , but honestly Bangladesh has more corruption than Indonesia , Bangladesh government lacks leadership to build even a simple plane like this.

Also bringing back Bangladeshis from America is like finding a needle in a haystack , Bangladeshis rather work at Boeing or NASA than corrupt filled Bangladesh.

The Bangladeshi that do come end up getting disappointed at the state of Bangladesh

Bangladesh has no automobile industry nor any space program , there is no way these talented Bangladeshis will thrive in Bangladesh.

It's doable but will require a lot of effort to even make a basic trainer

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom