What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

PAC, NESCOM and KRL-GIDS manufacture many of the types of UAVs and most of them might not be in people eyes yet. So BDs and SriLanka can come to buy them in big numbers.

For Nigeria I would say that its relation with Pakistan is getting stronger we may see a bigger defence deal with them in near future for AIr, Land and even sea system. INSHA ALLAH.

Nigerians and Pakistan already have a very good defence relations and you guys train them. However I have read in beegeagle's website that the Indians are making a push for anti air missiles. Again im not familiar with their procurement methods but they sure need a hell of a lot of new equipment.

I have read somewhere that BD was trying to make it's own. However i would not quote me on that and these UAVs are likely just very simple surveliance although how are Belarus doing in that area? considering the whole Military techinal deal.Im pretty sure americans will never give them to us and i have never really heard of Russian and Chinese UAVs.(Im sure they have them)

Nigerians and Pakistan already have a very good defence relations and you guys train them. However I have read in beegeagle's website that the Indians are making a push for anti air missiles. Again im not familiar with their procurement methods but they sure need a hell of a lot of new equipment.

I have read somewhere that BD was trying to make it's own. However i would not quote me on that and these UAVs are likely just very simple surveliance although how are Belarus doing in that area? considering the whole Military techinal deal.Im pretty sure americans will never give them to us and i have never really heard of Russian and Chinese UAVs.(Im sure they have them)

Dont worry, we have UAVs. Our army operates them. But it aint those super cool ones. Just for small surveillance purposes. And afaik, they are locally built. I remember seeing the picture with our army official as well.

Cheers!!!

Any UAVs in mind for BD?

I am really surprised by the lack of UAVs for the BD military. Nigeria even has some(yes i know they are richer and got them from Israel) and their military is not any better than ours.

Apparently, their military spending is around $3.5 billion (from wiki). Also, their army seems to be stronger of the 3, with around 200k personnel and even more paramilitary. Air force and Navy are pretty small, still larger compared to African nations. But, their naval air arm is bigger than ours.

Cheers!!!

Apparently, their military spending is around $3.5 billion (from wiki). Also, their army seems to be stronger of the 3, with around 200k personnel and even more paramilitary. Air force and Navy are pretty small, still larger compared to African nations. But, their naval air arm is bigger than ours.

Cheers!!!

Strange...For a military of 3.5 billion i would expect more than 2 frigates. Their Aradu is a great ship but its old and the hamilton they got is still only armed with 76 mm gun.
Size isn't everything. I understand what you mean but their military tech and equipment is lacking. Their airforce has never flown a 4th generation aircraft,we have. They bought F-7s for aroung 250 million and we got 16 heavily upgraded one for around 100 million.
Although they do beat us in some areas, their naval arm started much much earlier than ours. Their military is one of the most dominate in africa.
Our budget is roughly 1.6 billion...Imagine how our military would be with that much money.

Strange...For a military of 3.5 billion i would expect more than 2 frigates. Their Aradu is a great ship but its old and the hamilton they got is still only armed with 76 mm gun.
Size isn't everything. I understand what you mean but their military tech and equipment is lacking. Their airforce has never flown a 4th generation aircraft,we have. They bought F-7s for aroung 250 million and we got 16 heavily upgraded one for around 100 million.
Although they do beat us in some areas, their naval arm started much much earlier than ours. Their military is one of the most dominate in africa.
Our budget is roughly 1.6 billion...Imagine how our military would be with that much money.

Yah well that would not matter as half of it will enter our politicians' pockets. Having said that, their military is tested in various other African nations and underwent many operations. This is an issue with us. How much ever confidence we have in our military, it isnt tested. So we dont know.

I guess in due time, Nigeria will develop their military as well. Their army is in good shape.

Cheers!!!

Nigeria has a lot of issues to deal with, they have a north south divide between Muslim Christian states. They are fighting the boko haram weirdos, they have various states/tribes fighting for independence etc. Nigerias security issues are materially different than ours hence the big military and paramilitary forces.

Actually Pakistan has achieved much better technology through R&D locally as well as with Italy and China too. I am sure that Pakistan is also try to improve relations with African countries and also trying to produce more and more equipments too...

Also we have a high hope of producing cars and vehicles on our own too. INSHA ALLAH.

People unduly give importance to this $1.6 billion figure as the defense budget. The reality is import of weapons is not included in this figure. I think, it has been discussed before many times. To know the real military budget one must add the import value, also.

Yah well that would not matter as half of it will enter our politicians' pockets. Having said that, their military is tested in various other African nations and underwent many operations. This is an issue with us. How much ever confidence we have in our military, it isnt tested. So we dont know.

I guess in due time, Nigeria will develop their military as well. Their army is in good shape.

Cheers!!!

BA is the only army in the world where every member has on field experience because of UN mission. Our army size is smaller and every member in turn is sent to UN mission but in a bigger army it's not possible.

BA is the only army in the world where every member has on field experience because of UN mission. Our army size is smaller and every member in turn is sent to UN mission but in a bigger army it's not possible.

I doubt that's the case, as the standing army now reaches almost 300000 and then there is the BGB, navy, airforce and police who all are eligible for deployment in the UN. The majority of our forces do not get UN deployment, only a portion do, and those that do earn a lot relative to what they earn in bd.

However the deployment enables the army and other services to get on the field training and interact with forces around the world. The army has moved a long long way in last 15-20 years, and has become very professional, prob the best institute in the country, certainly the most disciplined.

The future for our forces look bright, as the economy picks up steam, the capability will expand in parallel.

I doubt that's the case, as the standing army now reaches almost 300000 and then there is the BGB, navy, airforce and police who all are eligible for deployment in the UN. The majority of our forces do not get UN deployment, only a portion do, and those that do earn a lot relative to what they earn in bd.

However the deployment enables the army and other services to get on the field training and interact with forces around the world. The army has moved a long long way in last 15-20 years, and has become very professional, prob the best institute in the country, certainly the most disciplined.

The future for our forces look bright, as the economy picks up steam, the capability will expand in parallel.

I said about army only but the same is probably applicable to air force. BDR members had demand for UN mission, last I know it hasn't been materialized yet. And BA size is less than or within 250000 not 300000.

That isnt the case. Not everyone gets to go. Even though UN mission experience is valuable, it is different from facing internal threats or going into war.

Cheers!!!

The army has moved a long long way in last 15-20 years, and has become very professional, prob the best institute in the country, certainly the most disciplined.

Well said. We just need to keep the professionalism and hard training ticking. Work with forces around the world and polish the quality as well. As the beefing up process is going on, we should be in a very formidable state with a decade.

Cheers!!!

I said about army only but the same is probably applicable to air force. BDR members had demand for UN mission, last I know it hasn't been materialized yet. And BA size is less than or within 250000 not 300000.

As far as I know, post pilkana incident there have been some major changes. BGB elements are posted under UN but just a handful from what I have been told. The army and police have the most deployed personnel, as I used to fly to dhaka quite a lot, I often used to sit next and chat to a few, they earned good money from each deployment.

It's hard to tell the current strength of the BA as there are many conflicting figures being banded about, but it is definitely above 250000 and under 300000, still don't understand what the great secrecy is in the actual numbers? Either way not all manage to go abroad, and few manage to go multiple times.

What ever is the case it's good for all, the UN benefits from having our troops available, as other western nations are either worried about risking their nationals or it's too expensive to deploy western troops. For us we get experience and the troops earn some extra money.

It's hard to tell the current strength of the BA as there are many conflicting figures being banded about, but it is definitely above 250000 and under 300000, still don't understand what the great secrecy is in the actual numbers?

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/168817-bangladesh-air-force-64.html#ixzz2gPKwIv1U

As far as I have learned from many sources, BA has now only eight divisions. If it is correct, then BA has less than 200,000 active troops. However, it has a strong 50,000 reserve troops, consisting of those trained troops who have retired from the army for some reason, but who are still young and can immediately be absorbed in the BA in times of emergency. Correct me if I am wrong.

Then of course BA has under its control BGB, Ansars and VDP under its control. No explanation is needed for BGB. It is trained with the army recruits and are a capable lightly armed infantry. Ansar is a less trained group, but it has about a million troop strength who can be mobilized very effectively during emergency. Though it is superficially under the Home Ministry (BGB also same), it is commanded by military officers making it a strong force.

Back
Top Bottom