What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

A bit Old,however im sure anyone who looked at the title of this news report did'nt bother readin it however, it does give confirmation of something pretty interesting on future aircraft.

Eight more fighters join BAF fleet -
Eight more fighters join BAF fleet
Eight more F-7BG1 fighters have been added to Bangladesh Air Force recently, raising the number to 16 in the squadron, officials said.
The defence ministry officials said that the eight new Chinese-made F-7BG1 fighter aircraft reached Bangladesh from China on Sunday.
Each of the fighters worth about US$ 9.8 million would strengthen the operational capabilities of the Air Force, the officials told New Age on Monday.
According to the armed forces division, the Awami League-led government procured 16 F-7BG1 or FT-7BG1, three MI-171SH helicopters and two air defence radars in its second financial year.
Of the 16 F7BG1, eight advanced fighter aircraft were inducted into the force’s fleet at a ceremony attended by the prime minister, Sheikh Hasina, at the BAF Base Bangabandhu in Dhaka on April 9.
According to the armed force division, the 16 fighters and fighters training aircraft were brought from China under a state-to-state deal.
Besides, purchasing of 12 multi-role combat planes, 12 advances jet trainers, two maritime search and rescue planes and nine Jet trainers are also under process of procurement from Russia under the state export credit agreement, the officials said.

well, looks like we're going to be receiving russian aircraft.

Can anyone tell me the status of Bogra Airfield? As far as I know, the "airfield" was inaugurated in March 2005 and that some BAF planes do operate from there. One training aircraft even crashed there in October 2009.

I am posting an opinion from the facebook about F-7BGI.

F-7BGI is the most advanced of all Chengdu F-7 created so far.

1) F-7BGI has a speed of Mach 2.2

2) 7 Hard-points to carry Air to Air missiles , Laser guided bomb, GPS Guided Bombs, Drop tanks

3) Full glass cockpit.

4) can carry 3000 kg Bomb including Chinese Laser Guided Bombs.

5) F-7BGI has KLJ-6F radar Fire control Radar with 86 km+ Range which is near BVR or BVR considering what is the silver lining between them and can track 6 and engage 2 enemy aircraft simultaneously.

6) F-7BGI can carry C-704 Antiship Missiles (Therefore maritime also possible)

7) afterburner: F-7BGI (82 kN) thrust

8) Missiles procurement are currently unknown for F-7BGI but they can fire the 70-75 km range PL-12,PL-11 and also PL-2, PL-5, PL-7, PL-8, PL-9, Magic R.550 and AIM-9 .

9) F-7BGI got J-7G2 Air frame with double delta wing. This improves the lift at high angles of attack and delays or prevents stalling.

10) G-limit: +8 g / -3 g

11) Service ceiling: 17,500 m (57,420 ft) for F-7 BGI

12) 3 Multi functional HUD displays and Hotas.

13) Chinese Helmet Mounted Sights.

14) Reportedly more maneuverable than most of the Mig-21s and many of the other contemporary fighters.

And if you ask those Bangladeshi guy how much money should we spend in Military he would probably say, why do we even need a military force, why are we wasting our money in military?

However, please do not fall for rumors.. You will find rumors are spreading about this and that but if you physically check them you will not find them there. Most of the rumors are brain-fart of some fan-boy. The part that you will find true did also spread as rumors but it was in fact an evaluation version that may also be a part of a bigger procurement deal.

Actually we don't spend much on the military....yet thanks to loans from friendly nations we buy more stuff than our budget can pay for....and as the national budget doesn't show the loans in their allocation....keeps the public happy!

F-7BGI

1185295_620970667943538_2112498257_n.jpg

74025_1371079463.jpg

C-130B Hercules

61636_1376746963.jpg

BD should invest for fifth generation or atleast 4+ generation(like Tejas) for it's armada.

BD should invest for fifth generation or atleast 4+ generation(like Tejas) for it's armada.

We barely have any 4.5 generation aircraft.Also investments for such aircraft are usually in the billions-which we could use to buy Aircraft instead of investing in such.
Im sure the tejas isn't up for Export.(Althought if im wrong please correct me)

The best deal for BAF is to go to PAC and shop for:
Super Mushak
K-8
JF-17 Block-II with dual seat
UAVs

And also PAF and BAF can buy RSAF C-130s which they are selling at a cheaper rates now....

The best deal for BAF is to go to PAC and shop for:
Super Mushak
K-8
JF-17 Block-II with dual seat
UAVs

And also PAF and BAF can buy RSAF C-130s which they are selling at a cheaper rates now....

Any UAVs in mind for BD?

I am really surprised by the lack of UAVs for the BD military. Nigeria even has some(yes i know they are richer and got them from Israel) and their military is not any better than ours.

Any UAVs in mind for BD?

I am really surprised by the lack of UAVs for the BD military. Nigeria even has some(yes i know they are richer and got them from Israel) and their military is not any better than ours.

PAC, NESCOM and KRL-GIDS manufacture many of the types of UAVs and most of them might not be in people eyes yet. So BDs and SriLanka can come to buy them in big numbers.

For Nigeria I would say that its relation with Pakistan is getting stronger we may see a bigger defence deal with them in near future for AIr, Land and even sea system. INSHA ALLAH.

Back
Top Bottom