What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

I don't know much about it but someone suggested a single platform as trainer to replace PT-6 and T-37. The program is aimed as primary trainer, advanced trainer, counter insurgency trainer, counter insurgency aircraft, aerobatics aircraft with a single aircraft type.

An-32 was introduced in 1988 replacing the An-26 from service. On 2024 the aircraft will be 36 years old. You don't want aircraft that old in air force. Possible replacement might be An-140, CASA C-295, Alenia C-27J or May be something else.

Tai Hurukus Trainer getting ready for Testing BAF should look into it there are 2 version Basic and Advance/COIN.

r9jp5.jpg

Additional C-130s are ordered along with spares, upgrades, Engines I think BAF does not have money to purchase more Transports and it would be better to give AN-32 Life Extension with the help of Ukraine or look into Y-9...No info on Y-9.

JF-17 is better than anything we have currently in our air force. It was considered and evalutated but the engines for them are either russian(who does not want to be exported in chinese jets) or newly designed Chinese ones (which im sure the chinese arent keen to export). But there is nothing wrong with it's capabilities. It is just that we are looking at Air superiority figther and the JF-17 is mostly suited towards reconnaissance,interception and air to ground bombing,that is one of the main reasons it was ruled out alongside the Engine diplomacy.

Any Pakistani here will tell you that the JF-17 was made to help Complement their F-16s and J-10s-it was not designed to fight aircraft such as SU-30MKI,thats the f-16s and J-10Bs .However your statement about the JF-17 capability is unjust. It is a remarkable aircraft and a milestone for the PAF.It has recently just been reported that they are running tests to check inflight Fueling capability. - Enhancing airpower: JF-17 to attain in-flight refueling capability – The Express Tribune

As for Future Transport,i know the budget for this current fisical year has been allocated mostly to air transport(C-130 or they may have meant additional Helis) and MRLS. However apart from C-130s , i do not know if any other troop transport being evaluted.

BAF has dropped the plan for the replacement of its Primary Trainer (PT-6, Bell-206, T-37) till 2024 to save cost. They have also dropped the plan for Transport aircraft (An-32) till 2024. The plan is to cut the expense in one place to accommodate some good procurement on the other. I think its a good plan.

Cutting on training would result in bad. Also they should cut in terms of operations as well like fighter operations which cost too much. Rather they should buy 4-6 Chinese AEW&Cs for such operations...

JF-17 is better than anything we have currently in our air force. It was considered and evalutated but the engines for them are either russian(who does not want to be exported in chinese jets) or newly designed Chinese ones (which im sure the chinese arent keen to export). But there is nothing wrong with it's capabilities. It is just that we are looking at Air superiority figther and the JF-17 is mostly suited towards reconnaissance,interception and air to ground bombing,that is one of the main reasons it was ruled out alongside the Engine diplomacy.

Any Pakistani here will tell you that the JF-17 was made to help Complement their F-16s and J-10s-it was not designed to fight aircraft such as SU-30MKI,thats the f-16s and J-10Bs .However your statement about the JF-17 capability is unjust. It is a remarkable aircraft and a milestone for the PAF.It has recently just been reported that they are running tests to check inflight Fueling capability. - Enhancing airpower: JF-17 to attain in-flight refueling capability – The Express Tribune

As for Future Transport,i know the budget for this current fisical year has been allocated mostly to air transport(C-130 or they may have meant additional Helis) and MRLS. However apart from C-130s , i do not know if any other troop transport being evaluted.

If you go with the capabilities of air to ground then JH-7A could have been a great fighter for Bangladesh. It can carry 3 times more weapons than Mig-29 and JF-17, it can carry all sorts of air to ground weapons. But we are not talking about an Attack aircraft or a fighter bomber.

In air-to-air mission the JF-17 does not stand a chance against Su-30, Mig-29, F-16 and even J-10.

In Interception role the JF-17 is no where to be found with its mediocre top speed of Mach 1.6.

In the radar section, JF-17 is armed with KLJ-7 radar with a max range of 75-130km. Mig-29B has N019 radar with a max range of 90-150km with 130º coverage. With SMT upgrade you will get N019MP radar or N019M1 radar.

N019MP is a further modified radar proposed by Phazotron for the MiG-29SMT program. It used a Baguet series processor. The maximum range remained the about the same, but the radar could detect 20 targets simultaneously, track four, and engage two. The radar had also basic air-to-ground functions, like ground mapping mode, acquisition and engagement of sea targets with radar homing missiles, and ground targets with unguided weaponry under any weather conditions, day and night. The NO19MP could generate maps of 15×15, 24×24, 50×50 or 77x77km with a resolution of 15m. Radar imagery could be transmitted via datalink to GCI centres or A-50 AWACS aircraft. Targets visible on the radar map could be designated by the pilot(using a joystick) or ground controller, and used to cue TV-guided missile seekers, whose higher resolution imagery can then be displayed or transmitted to the GCI or A-50 controller as well. Performance against slow flying helicopters was improved as well as resistance to jamming. Uses Doppler beam sharpening techniques.

or

N019M1 This latest radar upgrade proposal from Phazotron retains the antenna and transmitter block assemblies but replaces pretty much all the rest of the radar. It introduces new fully programmable digital processing, giving 30-50% greater range in air-to-air search and track. Greatly improved true Track-while-scan mode, with the ability to continue volume search for new targets while tracking 10. 4 targets can engaged at once with R-77 missiles. 4 different close combat modes are available. Has raid assessment mode, and target class recognition. Air to surface modes include Real beam, DBS, SAR (5x5m), and moving target detection. Can handoff target data to the Kh-31A/Kh-35A anti-shipping missiles. Allows target handoff to TV guided weapons. Collision alarm system. It is being touted as a low cost upgrade for existing MiG-29 operators.

And with SMT upgrade, JF-17 will even dare to go against Mig-29.

1. most likely by own training aircraft to replace those training aircrafts.
2. Do not know about replacement plan of An-32, BAF uses An-32 for multi purpose- transport and bomber.

What about C-160 or C17 Globemaster as replacements?

I don't know much about it but someone suggested a single platform as trainer to replace PT-6 and T-37. The program is aimed as primary trainer, advanced trainer, counter insurgency trainer, counter insurgency aircraft, aerobatics aircraft with a single aircraft type.

An-32 was introduced in 1988 replacing the An-26 from service. On 2024 the aircraft will be 36 years old. You don't want aircraft that old in air force. Possible replacement might be An-140, CASA C-295, Alenia C-27J or May be something else.

I searched about Russian transport aircrafts. I found Ilyushin Il 76, Antonov An-72 and An-72 ain't that bad too.

can anyone tell me what is going on ? for few months, almost every day I hear Air force aircraft's sound. Is it for training or has made policy to patrol air space ?

I searched about Russian transport aircrafts. I found Ilyushin Il 76, Antonov An-72 and An-72 ain't that bad too.

We have 4 C-130B and an additional 4 C-130E is on the process of acquiring which are good medium lift transport/cargo aircraft. In the light-medium aircraft section AN-32B is doing the job. The AN-32s are now more than 25 years old. A mid-life upgrade can increase the lifespan for 10-15 years max. So, by 2025 Bangladesh air force will need to replace those AN-32 with similar capability aircraft.

The 4 C-130Bs in the service will also need replacement in 2025. They can't upgrade the C-130B any further. Besides, They entered in BAF after refurbishment with mid-life upgrades. The air frames wont be able to take the stress after that long time in service. In the meantime, 4 C-130E will join BAF by 2017. This suggests that BAF may replace the existing C-130B with C-130J beyond 2025. The C-130Es to be added in BAF in 2017 will probably get a mid-life upgrade by 2030 and convert to C-130J as well.

This is completely my own analysis.

We have 4 C-130B and an additional 4 C-130E is on the process of acquiring which are good medium lift transport/cargo aircraft. In the light-medium aircraft section AN-32B is doing the job. The AN-32s are now more than 25 years old. A mid-life upgrade can increase the lifespan for 10-15 years max. So, by 2025 Bangladesh air force will need to replace those AN-32 with similar capability aircraft.

The 4 C-130Bs in the service will also need replacement in 2025. They can't upgrade the C-130B any further. Besides, They entered in BAF after refurbishment with mid-life upgrades. The air frames wont be able to take the stress after that long time in service. In the meantime, 4 C-130E will join BAF by 2017. This suggests that BAF may replace the existing C-130B with C-130J beyond 2025. The C-130Es to be added in BAF in 2017 will probably get a mid-life upgrade by 2030 and convert to C-130J as well.

This is completely my own analysis.
some info is not correct, current 4 C-130B are under upgrading process into C-130H and it will increase life frame 20 years more.

some info is not correct, current 4 C-130B are under upgrading process into C-130H and it will increase life frame 20 years more.

Would really be happy if this is true but so far I did not come across any news via any media about this upgrade. Are you certain about this C-130H thing?

Back
Top Bottom