What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Saw few ex mig pilots talking about rafale...heard French authority visited our dhk and cgp base..but Italians visited our bases too...hope we get an official announcement soon :(
Their defense minister came and also dassault aviation sales manager was sent along with French Air Force chief...but same happened with EFT with more enthusiasm from bd side

Their defense minister came and also dassault aviation sales manager was sent along with French Air Force chief...but same happened with EFT with more enthusiasm from bd side
Bhai you are from defseca I believe...do you have any idea when we might get an official announcement?..and do you think the eft deal was done when PM visited Italy ?
And another thing is French authority already sent dassault aviation team and air force chief to offer rafale...then why would they send a high level delegation like defense minister for some few hours just to offer those same things again ?

Bhai you are from defseca I believe...do you have any idea when we might get an official announcement?..and do you think the eft deal was done when PM visited Italy ?
And another thing is French authority already sent dassault aviation team and air force chief to offer rafale...then why would they send a high level delegation like defense minister for some few hours just to offer those same things again ?
Official announcement? Bro at this point I would just wait until the estimated dates (2024) when we could see their delivery if we already purchased it.
Second question, don’t know... unlikely... possibly done after the British commissioner offer (again speculation so take it with grain of salt)
As for rafale, they need orders to keep the production line open, and they certainly did sent two delegations but there has been little interest from bd side

How on Earth are we going to afford Rafales? The government struggles to finance any project costing more than $500 million without foreign loans. Spending $150-$200 million/jet is out of question. The best we will get is used Eurofighters.

Official announcement? Bro at this point I would just wait until the estimated dates (2024) when we could see their delivery if we already purchased it.
Second question, don’t know... unlikely... possibly done after the British commissioner offer (again speculation so take it with grain of salt)
As for rafale, they need orders to keep the production line open, and they certainly did sent two delegations but there has been little interest from bd side
The govt can't just hide a deal worth hundreds of millions of dollars of tax money from the people. This is just not how the govt works.
If a deal was signed, we would know by now.
Don't buy into the BS of the usual suspects.

The govt can't just hide a deal worth hundreds of millions of dollars of tax money from the people. This is just not how the govt works.
If a deal was signed, we would know by now.
Don't buy into the BS of the usual suspects.
tbh the usual suspects doesn't have any concrete news
and our govt isn't really a considerate one that thinks about tax money of the people

tbh the usual suspects doesn't have any concrete news
and our govt isn't really a considerate one that thinks about tax money of the people
When I say the "govt does not work that way", I do not mean the govt is filled with patriots who will never betray the nation. What I mean is it is a giant bureaucracy. Try visiting the office of any senior govt official, be it civil or military; you will notice how top-heavy the govt agencies are with hundreds of people involved in decision-making.
The officers are too lazy to even type up their own reports so every document in relation to procurement decisions change many hands.

The government just cannot stop leaks about a deal worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
Way too many people have stakes in such deals.

How on Earth are we going to afford Rafales? The government struggles to finance any project costing more than $500 million without foreign loans. Spending $150-$200 million/jet is out of question. The best we will get is used Eurofighters.
Thought Eurofighter is even more or just as expensive as Rafale with maintenance
These European jets might be too expensive for a country like bd.
What if we lose one of these to a wild pig running in the runway like PAF lost a F16 in the 80s.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1987/06/16/F-16-knocked-out-by-wild-boar/4437550814400/

PC- Adib Ahmed

117299268_702226367021735_3466915820030622962_n.jpg

Yup, I think that used Eurofighter is good and affordable for Bangladesh. You dont need to upgrade it, it will be operational I believe until the next 20 years, and 15 years from now you can start acquiring new 5 generation fighter to replace that old fighter as your economy is predicted to already reach 1 trillion USD at that time.

20200811_232615.jpg
he is from defseca I believe..and he is also a former air force pilot most probably

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom