What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Any truth to this ? I heard RAF is downsizing, maybe we can get some more stuff from them.

At best inaccurate. The RAF J30s (C4s) are not for sale.

RAF had procured 10 x standard C-130Js (C5s) in the early 90s. 1 will be retained and the rest sold.
Of the 9 that were intended to be sold, BAF bought 5, USN bought 1, Bahraini AF bought 2. I do not know where the one remaining C-5 is.

At best inaccurate. The RAF J30s (C4s) are not for sale.

RAF had procured 10 x standard C-130Js (C5s) in the early 90s. 1 will be retained and the rest sold.
Of the 9 that were intended to be sold, BAF bought 5, USN bought 1, Bahraini AF bought 2. I do not know where the one remaining C-5 is.

Brexit and the massive recession will force RAF downsizing in numbers.... this is completely given. Will BAF benefit from it....who knows.

Brexit and the massive recession will force RAF downsizing in numbers.... this is completely given. Will BAF benefit from it....who knows.

Benefit?

They can't decide on what jets to procure, incompetent leadership should be relieved of their command.

Which variant ?
Bd has been lobbying for a long time to buy 20 rolls Royce engines for the old 4 and 2 c130 super Hercules under EDA, problem is still didn’t materialize... but last year heard that 2x c130s will come from US besides the 5 from UK.

Bd has been lobbying for a long time to buy 20 rolls Royce engines for the old 4 and 2 c130 super Hercules under EDA, problem is still didn’t materialize... but last year heard that 2x c130s will come from US besides the 5 from UK.
But they did provide engines to bring the 4'th C130B back to service. And we got 2/3 spare engine for the fleet. Not much but enough to keep them flying for few more years . Those 20 engine project were put on hold since BAF ended up buying J variants.

I hope BAF stocks enough spares for the new Super Hercs fleet.

But they did provide engines to bring the 4'th C130B back to service. And we got 2/3 spare engine for the fleet. Not much but enough to keep them flying for few more years . Those 20 engine project were put on hold since BAF ended up buying J variants.

BAF needs combat aircraft. BD government does not need to buy transport aircraft which will most likely be used by VIPs themselves.

BAF needs combat aircraft. BD government does not need to buy transport aircraft which will most likely be used by VIPs themselves.

VIPs will make use of the three new purpose built VVIP helicopters that are being procured as we speak, no VIP will travel in rugged, cargo and military transport aircraft be it a C-130, a C-5 galaxy, a C-17 Globemaster or a A-400 Atlas.

Transport aircraft are for ferrying troops, tanks and other equipment to and fro, wherever and whenever needed. The role of a well maintained fleet of military cargo aircraft during a conflict can't be discounted.

These aircraft also help with disaster relief operations in a disaster prone nation like ours, Corona virus has shown us why these transport aircraft are necessary.

For one they were used to evacuate our citizens from India, Maldives and Sri Lanka without having to charter a Bangladesh airlines aircraft.

And secondly, we all know, how the C-130s were used to fly in medical equipment from China. They are filling an important role, and a good airforce starts with good transport aircraft.

The airforce is not only tasked with maintaining air superiority but also to provide logistics support to the government and the other wings of the armed forces.

Last edited:

Do you have any idea about the reason for such a delay in procuring combat aircraft?

It seems transports and trainers are being addressed.

But the tip of the spear is dull.

I think you had mentioned earlier don't expect anything before 2025.

given it's BAF highly unlikely, they'll wait until those planes are way past their mid life...
no fighter aircraft news, despicable

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom