What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

given it's BAF highly unlikely, they'll wait until those planes are way past their mid life...
no fighter aircraft news, despicable

WTF man?

Burma may end up buying Block 3 Thunders.

Not to mention more Israeli/Singaporean weapons that become available. i.e. highly effective Western based munitions.

What the hell is BAF waiting for?

WTF man?

Not to mention more Israeli/Singaporean weapons that become available. i.e. highly effective Western based munitions.

god fucking knows... they got tons of excuses... blame covid 19 now i guess

WTF man?

Burma bal'o chirte parbena ....

Murokkho projati.

Pet ai bhat nai, abar asche dada giri chodate.

Their force morale is zero after years of civil war and infighting not to mention low pay.

They have next to no training except a few trophy units and battalions, everything we buy they copy, satellite now they're itching to buy, navy swads also copied from us.

Why are they so paranoid, if they're so strong ?

Shala murroko projati.

Last edited:
Burma bal'o chirte parbena ....

Murokkho projati.

Pet ai bhat nai, abar asche dada giri chodate.

Their force moral is zero after years of civil war and infighting not to mention low pay.

They have next to no training except a few trophy units and battalions, everything we buy they copy, satellite now they're itching to buy, navy swads also copied from us.

Why are they so paranoid, if they're so strong ?

Shala murroko projati.

Still Bangladesh needs to be prepared.

If that time comes when armed conflict is imposed on Bangladesh.

Smash them hard.

In order to do that, you have to be prepared.

These people seem to only understand force.

Bengalis love to pontificate while sipping on tea and eating meeshti.

Read kobeeta and whatever.

But at this point the nation has been humiliated by Burmese aggression.

Not to mention an apparent submissiveness to Indian sensitivites.

This has to change.

Burma is low hanging fruit.

Buy some fighters.

Train hard.

And be prepared.

If Bangladesh is able to present a credible military threat, Burma backs down from any further shenanigans.

And do not put it past the criminals who run that country for further misadventure.

And that civilian witch lady is on the same page as their military.

Burmese boital er aulad ol judi Teknaf ar cox Bazar ot aiye are local manush di kham Tamam gori diyom.

They can't even dream of holding Cox Bazar, forget Chittagong city, let them sit in JF-17 and jerk off with their SU and SY-400 while people are dying of hungry, one less genocidal maniac.

Still Bangladesh needs to be prepared.

If that time comes when armed conflict is imposed on Bangladesh.

Smash them hard.

In order to do that, you have to be prepared.

These people seem to only understand force.

We are preparing for conflict, if any, with our neighbor that is capable of fighting a war, not a group of hooligans with guns, this ain't Africa, can't be arsed to deal with war lords.

Just grow economy and out spend them, they will have nothing to do but cry and try to make more money with yaba.

They can't even field a bigger budget than they already are, it's at its saturation point, while we can and since our economy is growing, the number that we can potentially field is also growing.

Sorry for low quality post full of typos, I'm sick and too tired to type in my normal fashion.

You can expect some this to be going Myanmar's way.

ST Engineering partners with IAI on naval missiles
By | Jr Ng |July 17, 2020

gabriel-v-finnish-navy-jpg.651798

Gabriel V anti-ship missile

Singapore’s ST Engineering announced on 15 July that its land systems division has signed an agreement with Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) to set up a joint venture in Singapore to market and sell naval missile systems ST Missile, including a next-generation anti-ship missile (ASM) system.

Proteus Advanced Systems
Both companies will each hold a 50 percent stake in the new firm, which will be named Proteus Advanced Systems, although further details of the partnership have not been disclosed.

IAI has developed a range of naval missiles, including the Barak family of surface-to-air missile (SAM) and the Gabriel ASM systems.

Barak MX
The latest Barak MX is a vertically launched air and missile defence system that is designed to engage a range of threats – including sea skimming and cruise missiles, fighter aircraft, ballistic missiles, helicopters, and unmanned aerial vehicles – at maximum ranges from 35km to 150km depending on the model.

Gabriel ASM
The company also offers the secretive Gabriel ASM, which has entered service with the Israeli Navy and several other navies around the world. The sea skimming missile has evolved over the years since the first model – Gabriel I – was introduced in the 1960s.

The latest version, understood to be designated the Gabriel V/Advanced Naval Attack Missile (ANAM), resembles the US-made RGM-84 Harpoon ASM and has been selected by the Finnish Navy in July 2018 as a replacement for its ageing MTO 85M (Saab RBS15) missiles.

According to the Finnish Navy announcement, the Gabriel V has a length of 5.5 metres and a launch weight of 1,250kg. The missile has a stated range of over 200 kilometres and is equipped with an active radar seeker featuring advanced anti-jam features, all-weather operation, as well as enhanced search and discrimination capabilities.

Smart Systems
The new joint venture will not be the first of such companies to be set up in Singapore. ST Engineering had earlier announced in July 1999 that it will partner with Israel’s Rafael Advanced Defense Systems to set up Smart Systems, which is presently the prime contractor for the local manufacture, supply, and maintenance of the Spike anti-armour missile for the Singapore Armed Forces.

It has also begun to market the weapon and its training system in the Southeast Asian region.

Heroines can't even quell internal unrests, forget fighting a conventional war with an actual force capable of fighting an actual war.

Myanmar air force ? What airforce the one that has a fatal accident every six months when they bother with publishing the news and they have a thing for censoring embarrassing news and what censoring there isn't any print media not owned by generals.

MAF pilots is capable of train station porter job in Bangladesh.

Where have MAF trained ? Provided CAS to sandal clad troops during a civil war with reds armed with basic manpads isn't piloting, it's shooting fish in a barrel.

You can expect some this to be going Myanmar's way.

ST Engineering partners with IAI on naval missiles
By | Jr Ng |July 17, 2020

gabriel-v-finnish-navy-jpg.651798

Gabriel V anti-ship missile

Singapore’s ST Engineering announced on 15 July that its land systems division has signed an agreement with Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) to set up a joint venture in Singapore to market and sell naval missile systems ST Missile, including a next-generation anti-ship missile (ASM) system.

Proteus Advanced Systems
Both companies will each hold a 50 percent stake in the new firm, which will be named Proteus Advanced Systems, although further details of the partnership have not been disclosed.

IAI has developed a range of naval missiles, including the Barak family of surface-to-air missile (SAM) and the Gabriel ASM systems.

Barak MX
The latest Barak MX is a vertically launched air and missile defence system that is designed to engage a range of threats – including sea skimming and cruise missiles, fighter aircraft, ballistic missiles, helicopters, and unmanned aerial vehicles – at maximum ranges from 35km to 150km depending on the model.

Gabriel ASM
The company also offers the secretive Gabriel ASM, which has entered service with the Israeli Navy and several other navies around the world. The sea skimming missile has evolved over the years since the first model – Gabriel I – was introduced in the 1960s.

The latest version, understood to be designated the Gabriel V/Advanced Naval Attack Missile (ANAM), resembles the US-made RGM-84 Harpoon ASM and has been selected by the Finnish Navy in July 2018 as a replacement for its ageing MTO 85M (Saab RBS15) missiles.

According to the Finnish Navy announcement, the Gabriel V has a length of 5.5 metres and a launch weight of 1,250kg. The missile has a stated range of over 200 kilometres and is equipped with an active radar seeker featuring advanced anti-jam features, all-weather operation, as well as enhanced search and discrimination capabilities.

Smart Systems
The new joint venture will not be the first of such companies to be set up in Singapore. ST Engineering had earlier announced in July 1999 that it will partner with Israel’s Rafael Advanced Defense Systems to set up Smart Systems, which is presently the prime contractor for the local manufacture, supply, and maintenance of the Spike anti-armour missile for the Singapore Armed Forces.

It has also begun to market the weapon and its training system in the Southeast Asian region.

Not happening, Singapore is not a fan of China, they won't sell any equipment to Burma that will inadvertently end up in china for re-engineering, nor are the Israelis they dumb, they sell Myanmar scraps.

Hell, if we opened up diplomatic channels with Israel, seeing our economy and our ability to pay dues, they'd sell us almost anything but BM.

We feed the Burmese fantasy by taking them into consideration, being paranoid and considering them a threat.

They aren't anything of that sort, the truth is we are reluctant to fight.

Our country is stable since 2014 and no one of us want to lose that, especially not the government. So we let things slide, but we bengalis have good memories, we still have 1952 in our hearts and minds.

You think we will forget rohingya crisis and Burmese aggression in 10 years ?

Wait brothers, be patient, contribute to the country, if you aren't a Bangladeshi citizenship holder, no problem just spread the word about your ancestral home... Every little bit counts.

Wait for 2030s and watch the show unfold, North Korea #2 will be exactly like NK but with no nukes.

We are capable of smacking them but we have other priorities, this is not a weakness but rather our strength and our commitment to our nation and people.

Patience brothers, Patience, BAF will shock us all, just watch.

Last edited:
Burmese boital er aulad ol judi Teknaf ar cox Bazar ot aiye are local manush di kham Tamam gori diyom.

They can't even dream of holding Cox Bazar, forget Chittagong city, let them sit in JF-17 and jerk off with their SU and SY-400 while people are dying of hungry, one less genocidal maniac.

We are preparing for conflict, if any, with our neighbor that is capable of fighting a war, not a group of hooligans with guns, this ain't Africa, can't be arsed to deal with war lords.

Just grow economy and out spend them, they will have nothing to do but cry and try to make more money with yaba.

They can't even field a bigger budget than they already are, it's at its saturation point, while we can and since our economy is growing, the number that we can potentially field is also growing.

Sorry for low quality post full of typos, I'm sick and too tired to type in my normal fashion.
Now you know why I’m the way I’m

Patience brothers, Patience, BAF will shock us all, just watch.
Yeah the shock would be we would still be buying transport aircrafts and helicopters when the mig 29s will be retired in 2030

Do you have any idea about the reason for such a delay in procuring combat aircraft?

It seems transports and trainers are being addressed.

But the tip of the spear is dull.

I think you had mentioned earlier don't expect anything before 2025.
Yes, I did. And I still stand by what I said.

given it's BAF highly unlikely, they'll wait until those planes are way past their mid life...
"কুফা" লাগাইও নারে ভাই।
They might end up reading your post & take it as a good idea.:lol:

Last edited:
Yes, I did. And I still stand by what I said.

"কুফা" লাগাইও নারে ভাই।
They might end up reading your post & thinks that it's a good idea.:lol:

I tend to agree with you.

But the question is why do you think so.....2025 date that is?

2025 Poddha Shetu will be complete, so they will get ready made airstrip to land the MRCA.

Two birds with the one stone.

To know what's going on in BAF, one must think like BAF.

2025 is just a rough timeline I calculated last year.
There is the matter of budget, manpower, technological shortfalls that might not be visible from outside, but peoples aware of the situation on ground knows any massive investment without addressing these will only turn it into IAF Version 2.

2025 is just a rough timeline I calculated last year.
There is the matter of budget, manpower, technological shortfalls that might not be visible from outside, but peoples aware of the situation on ground knows any massive investment without addressing these will only turn it into IAF Version 2.

Thanks.

As long as the people on the ground have a clear plan.

Of course we internet warriors know next to nothing about the actual reality of things.

Do you have any insight into what type or types BAF has chosen?

(Just trying to generate relevant conversation in this otherwise quiet thread)

Back
Top Bottom