What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

I will bet my smart money on the PC-21. Head and shoulders above the rest. But maybe a few dollars more expensive.

KT-1 I think not (old copy of Tucano 312 first edition), Hurkus is too new (unless we get a ToT or parts production deal) and Diamond 40 is way too slow, not even in the same class.

Diamond 40 is a basic (ab-initio) side-by-side trainer, rest of these are advanced programmable conversion trainers where you can customize flight envelopes to that of training jets like K-8 and L-39.

PC-21 is built for advanced training -- it is certainly in a different class than our basic trainer PT-6 (Nanchang CJ6A).

1080px-PC-21_%285089438327%29.jpg
30159109136_d30f33bb7f_b.jpg

To be honest - I am surprised that the Nanachang CJ-7 (or Russian equivalent Yak 152) was not considered, which comes with a very advanced German diesel engine option.
Yakovlev_Design_Bureau%2C_01%2C_Yakovlev_Yak-152_%2849581303917%29.jpg
My bet is on hurkus since pc21 is too expensive for our country. Cost effectiveness wise... hurkus is a good balance of nato standard and price

Maybe. Is Hurkus even flying?

TAI has produced 18 Hürkus aircraft in different configurations.

https://cdnuploads.aa.com.tr/uploads/InfoGraphic/2020/06/25/d9b9fedbf91a9181e824d926668ba200.jpg

Hurkus is still in flight test, not yet in mass production phase.

Hopefully, Bangladesh will go for Hürkus. That would be a very important boost for Turkey's aerospace industry. It would also pave the way for Bangladesh to adopt other products such as Hürjet and TAI TF-X down the road.

Hopefully, Bangladesh will go for Hürkus. That would be a very important boost for Turkey's aerospace industry. It would also pave the way for Bangladesh to adopt other products such as Hürjet and TAI TF-X down the road.

Yup, I also think Bangladesh should favor on Hurkus in order to help other Muslim countries. Not like China who is siding with Myanmar, Bangladesh adversary, and USA that can impose any embargo to Muslim countries like what happen in Turkey/Iran (currently) and Indonesia (in the past), Turkey is a natural ally for Bangladesh.

Talking about Hurjet, that plane should be roll out ASAP, dont know why it is so slow, do you know recent Hurjet progress ?

Talking about Hurjet, that plane should be roll out ASAP, dont know why it is so slow, do you know recent Hurjet progress ?

Hürjet is expected to make its first flight in mid-2022.

Critical Design Review (CDR) will be completed this year and will be followed by the Test Readiness Review (TRR).

https://www.defenceturkey.com/en/co...of-hurjet-project-concluded-successfully-3588

Yup, I also think Bangladesh should favor on Hurkus in order to help other Muslim countries. Not like China who is siding with Myanmar, Bangladesh adversary, and USA that can impose any embargo to Muslim countries like what happen in Turkey/Iran (currently) and Indonesia (in the past), Turkey is a natural ally for Bangladesh.

Brother, I am seeing Indonesia doing great progress as well. You guys are making us extremely proud. Keep up the hard work on your economy and the rest will come, Insha'Allah.

I think Indonesia deserves its own sub-forum in the country watch section. Maybe we should lobby the mods for it?

Brother, I am seeing Indonesia doing great progress as well. You guys are making us extremely proud. Keep up the hard work on your economy and the rest will come, Insha'Allah.

I think Indonesia deserves its own sub-forum in the country watch section. Maybe we should lobby the mods for it?

Thanks brother @Agha Sher

Yup, I hope Indonesian economy will keep growing. Currently we are competing with China for manufactured goods and also western nation for services in our own market. I dont know whether we can own our market since their products are super cheap. But of course we are here in Indonesia try to do the best and hopefully win this economic competition.

The biggest steel maker here, PT Krakatau Steel, which is a state owned company, for example, has score lost for 8 consecutive years after ASEAN-China FTA is effective since 2012, some private own steel makers have gone bankrupt as well due to that agreement. But after new and young CEO is appointed late 2018, he make some hard reform and Alhamdulillah the company can turn into profit in the first three months of this year.

We need to wait another 5 years to see whether we can win the competition in our own market. I hope our private owned manufacturers are also resilient as well although without government direct back up. I also hope the best for Turkey, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and other Muslim economies.

Talking about our own sub forum in PDF, actually Indonesian members have discussed about this as well not long ago, but I suggested to wait for at least another 5 years to see whether we can double our members during that period. Other members seems to support me. And majority of Indonesian members also show less interest to contribute in other Indonesian threads beside Indonesian Military Forum. They tend to flock on that special thread, so there is no urgency to make a sub forum that will be filled by many Indonesian related threads if only few members would contribute there. But I think we should add more sticky Indonesian related threads in China and Far East Section.

Well, I dont care from where BD acquire the platform but it should pay attention to indigenization of weapons system what Israel had been doing all along. That will reduce the operational cost of the air force along with increased training and efficiency. That's the hardest part for sure.

Back
Top Bottom