What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

105692856_169468261279352_4308876256297893294_o.jpg

The No 5 Defenders squadron with their F-7 BG

Source: The Bangladesh Defence Analyst (DEFSECA.com)

Doesn't the location of this installation count as 'sensitive' info ?
Not really since if so was the case, the purchase announcement wouldn’t have happened, nor would we see pictures of installation or know anything about it
Ofc, non clearance personnel and civilians wouldn’t be let close to this thing, ever

Doesn't the location of this installation count as 'sensitive' info ?
Mr. Damra always had a thing or two for stealing & publishing sensitive photos that were only meant to be enjoyed by military brass. He does it to make him look like somewhat important.

Not really since if so was the case, the purchase announcement wouldn’t have happened, nor would we see pictures of installation or know anything about it
Ofc, non clearance personnel and civilians wouldn’t be let close to this thing, ever
My friend, declaring a purchase & publishing the photograph or sat location of the installation on public forum is entirely two different matter.
First one is called transparency & second one is espionage. OSNIT intelligence works exclusively in these premise.

From the pictures he published even the dumbest enemy pilot can easily calculate the co-ordinates of the installation & use SOM to attack.
Perimeter security won't save someone from an missile attack from standoff range.

Mr. Damra always had a thing or two for stealing & publishing sensitive photos that were only meant to be enjoyed by military brass. He does it to make him look like somewhat important.

My friend, declaring a purchase & publishing the photograph or sat location of the installation on public forum is entirely two different matter.
First one is called transparency & second one is espionage. OSNIT intelligence works exclusively in these premise.

From the pictures he published even the dumbest enemy pilot can easily calculate the co-ordinates of the installation & use SOM to attack.
Perimeter security won't save someone from an missile attack from standoff range.

My thoughts exactly.

Thank you for addressing that, I was feeling too lazy to type out my concerns.

My thoughts exactly.

Thank you for addressing that, I was feeling too lazy to type out my concerns.
I am actually disappointed BAF choosed stationary version of the radar. I hoped they would go for the limited mobility version.

Perimeter security won't save someone from an missile attack from standoff range
Agreed
I wonder with the introduction of ADIZ, what sort of layered air defence do they plan to have since we know very little about it, HISAR O and FM-90s would still fall under short range air defence. I am curious about mid/ long range SAM acquisition... haven’t heard much about ly-80e since 2-3 years ago

I am actually disappointed BAF choosed stationary version of the radar. I hoped they would go for the limited mobility version.

Don't we need both though? In terms of constant coverage and greater range, you need these bigger and fixed radars. For example, the Kronos Land that we procured has a surveillance range of 250 km, whereas this one has 500 km.

But must agree, they shouldn't have posted the locations. I mean what's the point?

Back
Top Bottom