What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Bangladesh I really hope doesn't select one or two squadrons of J 10 C and EF it should be more than 100 each.
We wish.
Can't afford it.
Best case scenario by 2030 is 16 EFTs + 32 J-10s or 48 J-10s.

Some Bangladeshi members will speculate better to feel good but won't materialise.

Last edited:
We wish.
Can't afford it.
Most likely best case scenario by 2030 is 16 EFTs + 32 J-10s or 48 J-10s.

Some Bangladeshi members will speculate better to feel good but won't materialise.
Your economy is bigger than ours. You can easily afford a 250 Fighter Jet Air Force but it seem your leadership wants a disaster to wake them up.

Your economy is bigger than ours. You can easily afford a 250 Fighter Jet Air Force but it seem your leadership wants a disaster to wake them up.
I agree that we are run by morons. The AF has been neglected for decades now.

The current govt is willing to spend on defence (as evident by rapid modernisation of BA and BN) but need to push BAF leadership hard to address their own requirements.

Bangladesh I really hope doesn't select one or two squadrons of J 10 C and EF it should be more than 100 each.

Won't ever be in those numbers.

Despite what FG2030 says I can't imagine a BAF more than a few squadrons.

So fanboi's guess......total of about 4 or 5 full strength squadrons?

Maybe 16 times 5 equals about 80 planes.

I would be ecstatic if even that were to happen.

So maybe 48 J-10, 16 Typhoon, and 13+3 Yak-130?

Adds up to 80.

Anymore would be icing on the cake.

Won't ever be in those numbers.

Despite what FG2030 says I can't imagine a BAF more than a few squadrons.

So fanboi's guess......total of about 4 or 5 full strength squadrons?

Maybe 16 times 5 equals about 80 planes.

I would be ecstatic if even that were to happen.

So maybe 48 J-10, 16 Typhoon, and 13+3 Yak-130?

Adds up to 80.

Anymore would be icing on the cake.

How many UAV does Bangladesh Armed Force have ?

If the Chinese start being independent in aero engines, then the Russians' own needs for defence (given they won't sell many SU-57's) won't keep NPO Saturn afloat. Russia needs customers, and Indians are turning to Western sources too. Syria, Algeria, Egypt and Africa OK for now, but who knows how long?

Already a lot of engine manufacturers in Ukraine (main source for Russian aero engines) turning to Western technology licensing or simply gone bankrupt. Look at Antonov. Where it was twenty years ago, and where it is now.

"In 2014, the Antonov produced and delivered only two An-158 airplanes.[17] This trend continued onto 2015, producing one An-148 and one An-158.[18] In 2016, no aircraft were produced or delivered to clients, though the company has plans to start up production in 2017.[18]"

Which means the Ivchenko/Lotarev/Progress designed and Motor-Sich produced engines have almost no demand. Chinese have bought majority stakes and will soon transfer tooling to China (ChongQing).

You might know better though.
Idk what the Russians will do, probably will keep them afloat with govt subsidies just like mig.
Antonov is a different case, corruption ruined that company
Not like that’s not present in Russian companies... but their govt may just invest in them for domestic needs

Bruh, 100 of EFT? We ain’t that rich

Let us get our first squadron of either j10 or EFT first, at this point I am starting to have doubts that we will get anything. It seems like the MRCA program did not make any progress since 2016. In a hostile situation 5/6 SU 30s will destroy our 8 Mig 29s and F7s.
I like the idea of BAF of sticking to one/ two platforms(maybe sell the migs for more j10s or EFT? )
I am very curious to know about IAF's rationale for operating so many different platforms, it seems like a supply chain nightmare!

Last edited:
EFT deal not done, the sticking point seems to be timing rather than funds.

RAF can not deliver EFTs in the timeline that BAF needs. I have tried to establish if its new or old EFT that BAF is negotiating on. As surprising as it sounds it seems like BAF is seeking new. BD is also seeking somekind of awac capacity from RAF as well. Not sure what that means but reporting as i heard it.

Personally i would wait for EFT.....

The deal is for 8 EFT each delivered in 3 trances. There will be couple of years between tranches. No TOT but maintance and overhauling capacity to be established in BD from the very outset of the deal.

Last edited:

RAF can not deliver EFTs in the timeline that BAF needs. I have tried to establish if its new or old EFT that BAF is negotiating on. As surprising as it sounds it seems like BAF is seeking new.

OH wow don't the new ones cost almost as much as F-35s? Is Rafale still being considered? I remember the French defense minister making a visit in March.

RAF can not deliver EFTs in the timeline that BAF needs. I have tried to establish if its new or old EFT that BAF is negotiating on. As surprising as it sounds it seems like BAF is seeking new. BD is also seeking somekind of awac capacity from RAF as well. Not sure what that means but reporting as i heard it.

The deal is for 8 EFT each delivered in 3 trances. There will be couple of years between tranches. No TOT but maintance and overhauling capacity to be established in BD from the very outset of the deal.

For a total of how many EFT? 16?

OH wow don't the new ones cost almost as much as F-35s? Is Rafale still being considered? I remember the French defense minister making a visit in March.
BAF would prefer to deal with RAF and UK for historical reasons. Nothing wrong with Rafale but given indians have it, it would make sense for BAF to go for EFT.

The French came to sound out BD. If EFT falls through then F16 and Raffle presumably back in play.

BAF has terrible leadership.... unfortunately we should factor them messing things up at the last moment so personally i would take everything with a bucketload of salt until i see actual pics of EFT in BAF colours.

Guys do you think it is a good idea for BAF to buy F-16 from usa and get TOT for it. I mean Turkey has only two aircraft. They have few F 4 phantom and more than 200 F 16. If we can follow Turkish air force model and produce hundreds of F 16 that would also be good. F 16 is a good but cheap aircraft.

@Michael Corleone @DalalErMaNodi @Ronin @bluesky @BDforever
BAF made up its mind that it needs twin engines for the MRCA so that rules out Gripen and F16.
J10c with PL15 might be cheaper option compared to f16. Not sure if PL15 is integrated to the J10c yet.

If the news is true then EFT order will be delayed so BAF went for J-10CE. Deal is already signed and delivery expected in 2023.

Not sure if PL15 is integrated to the J10c yet.

upload_2020-6-23_21-4-22.jpeg

upload_2020-6-23_21-4-47.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom