What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Ha ha ha :-)

Not just Avicenna Bhai but almost all of us wanted to be pilots (at least 90% of us). After seeing Tom Cruise in Top Gun growing up, even more so....life's great as a flyboy and then you get the girl too. What's not to like??

By the way - Mr. Cruise is returning in a sequel, this summer (may go direct to video by the looks of it). Tom Cruise is a certified pilot by the way, but wasn't allowed to fly the F-18.

https://downloadmedia.gannett-cdn.c...1-205d-4143-a720-27564fe188c9/1080p_30fps.mp4
Heard that the cockpit action was real maneuvers, I thought he flew those f18s
Anyways, inaccurate but great movie. Pfft I wish I could be a pilot

Yup.

Since I was a kid.

I entertained it seriously for a minute late in high school, but I chose the path of least resistance into medicine.

In all honesty, I probably would have washed out before I made it to a fighter squadron in the USAF.
Lmao path of least resistance. Yeah it is until I delved into it further. Getting my anus stretched here. XD

Heard that the cockpit action was real maneuvers, I thought he flew those f18s
Anyways, inaccurate but great movie. Pfft I wish I could be a pilot

Lmao path of least resistance. Yeah it is until I delved into it further. Getting my anus stretched here. XD

You'll get used to the pain.

Tool understands.....

Heard that the cockpit action was real maneuvers, I thought he flew those f18s. Anyways, inaccurate but great movie. Pfft I wish I could be a pilot.

No - the producer and director of the movie confirmed that cruise was certified on other airplanes, but not on F18.

He could have done it with some training I bet, but the Navy finally did not allow it.

It is a blazing advertisement for the US Naval Aviation anyways...and it worked. Their recruitment rates pretty much soared.

Wondering how the re-make is gonna be like. The heroine is a grandma now and Cruise is barely hiding his senior citizen status...

Tool understands.....

Wow - disturbing is an understatement. :-)

Tool understands.....
What did I just watch

No - the producer and director of the movie confirmed that cruise was certified on other airplanes, but not on F18.

He could have done it with some training I bet, but the Navy finally did not allow it.

It is a blazing advertisement for the US Naval Aviation anyways...and it worked. Their recruitment rates pretty much soared.

Wondering how the re-make is gonna be like. The heroine is a grandma now and Cruise is barely hiding his senior citizen status...

Wow - disturbing is an understatement. :-)
The grandma was a cougar in the last movie so not surprised.
New pussy for him I reckon

Refurbished gripens. Swedes refused
Just seen a report that wildcat helicopter acquisition stopped in light of US offer of the MH60 helicopters

As regards switching from Wildcat to MH-60, I would have preferred if BN stuck with Wildcat
to preserve commonality with what they already have.

Too many platforms will become an expensive maintenance nightmare for BN.

As regards switching from Wildcat to MH-60, I would have preferred if BN stuck with Wildcat
to preserve commonality with what they already have.

Too many platforms will become an expensive maintenance nightmare for BN.

We already have quite a few Agusta Helis in our fleet. The point of ordering the Wildcat was that it'd use common parts with the AW119 and AW139's, which our AF uses. I believe the Naval Air Arm also has two AW109's.

So - the Wildcats were for Naval Aviation or Air Force?

We already have quite a few Agusta Helis in our fleet. The point of ordering the Wildcat was that it'd use common parts with the AW119 and AW139's, which our AF uses. I believe the Naval Air Arm also has two AW109's.

Naval Aviation to track and destroy enemy subs and surface ships.

Wildcats were always intended for the navy. I would have preferred wildcat too for commonalities sake

36319_1563886589.jpg

Hopefully, one day soon there are precision guided stand off munitions hanging from those wings rather than unguided rockets.

Back
Top Bottom