What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Not sure brother as I have limited knowledge and also did not browse defense related pages or youtube channels like DTB or Defence update Bangladesh . Just now mostly read the news related to coronavirus nowadays .
Same. I’m out of these insider information news and updates. I’ve stopped a lot of things during quarantine, helping me to prioritize the things I value the most

Just beat me to it:D

Really interesting that despite the fact BD is assembling FN-16 through ToT it placed an order for the Swedish RBS-70NG. Very good decision to be diversifying and not just relying on the Chinese.

Just putting our eggs in different baskets, always a great thing to do considering - like this situation!!

Order is as much confirmed as possible, bearing in mind that it is Bangladesh.
I have heard about it from many different sources.And they're reliable, not like the types of BDMilitary.

Have absolutely zero idea about numbers & delivery though. @The Ronin @ghost250 & @Michael Corleone might know more.
dont know about numbers, brother but deliveries could be completed between 12 and 24 months after contract signing....so that means late 2020 or mid 2021!!

RBS-70 NG is the Mercedes Benz of MANPADs. Especially with the Bolide missile which has a 5 mile range. These will probably be given to the elite troops in the army, my understanding. Locally made FN-16's which are made in large numbers go to the regular troops.

RBS-70 NG is the Mercedes Benz of MANPADs. Especially with the Bolide missile which has a 5 mile range. These will probably be given to the elite troops in the army, my understanding. Locally made FN-16's which are made in large numbers go to the regular troops.

Can you please post a source for this deal? Some members were claiming AW-159 procurement which was debunked today. Such deals are usually announced, even if the buyer is anonymous.

Can you please post a source for this deal? Some members were claiming AW-159 procurement which was debunked today. Such deals are usually announced, even if the buyer is anonymous.

The thing is - until these procurements are publicly announced (which means finalized), no one knows which stage these purchases are in. 'Debunked' is a strong word.

Sometimes purchases are backtracked mid-negotiation, like this AW-159 deal was with Leonardo and Agusta, to look for better or more capable solutions. I doubt Bangladesh cash reserves (at the stages they are in) will make us want for cheaper solutions or cancel them. For the time being, purchases may be delayed for caution among the covid 19 scenario, but not for long.

Most of us Bangladeshis know senior folks in Bangladesh Army circles who have given us hints, so that is the extent of 'source' for you. @Ronin bhai may have more information.

So take everything with a grain of salt...believe it when you see it in print.

Forgive me for being curious but did you also wanted to be a pilot growing up?

Ha ha ha :-)

Not just Avicenna Bhai but almost all of us wanted to be pilots (at least 90% of us). After seeing Tom Cruise in Top Gun growing up, even more so....life's great as a flyboy and then you get the girl too. What's not to like??

By the way - Mr. Cruise is returning in a sequel, this summer (may go direct to video by the looks of it). Tom Cruise is a certified pilot by the way, but wasn't allowed to fly the F-18.

https://downloadmedia.gannett-cdn.c...1-205d-4143-a720-27564fe188c9/1080p_30fps.mp4

Last edited:
Forgive me for being curious but did you also wanted to be a pilot growing up?

Yup.

Since I was a kid.

I entertained it seriously for a minute late in high school, but I chose the path of least resistance into medicine.

In all honesty, I probably would have washed out before I made it to a fighter squadron in the USAF.

debunked by whom??:D:D..for ur kind info ,that same source confirmed this acquisition of rbs-70ng... but this time u dont want to believe the news of rbs-70ng....o_Oo_O

Yup.

Since I was a kid.

I entertained it seriously for a minute late in high school, but I chose the path of least resistance into medicine.

In all honesty, I probably would have washed out before I made it to a fighter squadron in the USAF.
Call it a bias, but I personally believe a Bengali will always make a great pilot. At least the people I know in aviation, are great pilots.

You see I had my learners permit at the age of 19 even before I learned to drive or what por*n is. lol

Back
Top Bottom