What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

93118245_2675579145999008_1791776535309451264_o.jpg

Any word on those K-8W supposed to be delivered?

Nope, just sitting there idly and posing for cameras for now.

5937627.jpg

Last edited:
A helicopter of Bangladesh Air Force made emergency landing in Rangamati this morning, according to a press release of ISPR.

The crew members, including two pilots -- Squadron Leader Adnan and Flight Lieutenant Shahed -- landed safely 200 yards off Bolipara Helipad near Rajostholi Camp at 11:05am, the press release said.

The helicopter, which was on a mission to supply essentials, was going to Bolipara from Kaptai, the ISPR said.

The skilled pilots managed to land safely without harming public property, the press release mentioned.

#defseca

Anybody have any recent BAF related pics?

Let's try to keep this thread going.

Also, don't expect any MRCA related activity for quite awhile due to recent events.

I read somewhere that after partition PAF gifted some whole sqds of F-86 sabres to BAF....What happens after it?
Not F-86s.And not after Partition.
PAF gifted us some squadrons of F-6 during the late 80s.I think most of them was damaged during the cyclone of 1991 because of the negligence & stupidity of BAF.

But don't worry after 16 jfts MAF also has nothing serious.:smart:
These JFTs are as much of a threat as MAF Mig-29s, if not more.They're capable of BVR & carrying anti-ship missiles, after all.

Not F-86s.And not after Partition.
PAF gifted us some squadrons of F-6 during the late 80s.I think most of them was damaged during the cyclone of 1991 because of the negligence & stupidity of BAF.

These JFTs are as much of a threat as MAF Mig-29s, if not more.They're capable of BVR & carrying anti-ship missiles, after all.
Nahh there were F-86s
images - 2020-04-20T163847.294.jpeg
images - 2020-04-20T163908.026.jpeg
I said after jfts MAF has nothing serious....
Read again.:coffee:

I read somewhere that after partition PAF gifted some whole sqds of F-86 sabres to BAF....What happens after it?
But don't worry after 16 jfts MAF also has nothing serious.:smart:

@Sehnsucht is correct. Around 90-91 PAF gave a bunch of F-6 to BAF. And then a cyclone hit and ruined them.
Absolutely shameful on the part of Bangladesh. I still remember being pissed even as a kid.

MAF is a threat. 6 SU-30, 16 Thunder Block 2 and about 30 or so early model Mig-29 which have been upgraded. (On top of that, I am not really counting the 50 or so F-7M)

How BAF counters SD-10 I have no idea.

Those F-86 were left by PAF I believe after the war.

@Sehnsucht is correct. Around 90-91 PAF gave a bunch of F-6 to BAF. And then a cyclone hit and ruined them.
Absolutely shameful on the part of Bangladesh. I still remember being pissed even as a kid.

MAF is a threat. 6 SU-30, 16 Thunder Block 2 and about 30 or so early model Mig-29 which have been upgraded.

How BAF counters SD-10 I have no idea.
Wonder why MAF requested for SD-10s!
SD-10 can be counter by purchasing SD-10s and JFT from PAC/CAC :D.
And small quantities of jets are not a threat....

Wonder why MAF requested for SD-10s!
SD-10 can be counter by purchasing SD-10s and JFT from PAC/CAC :D.
And small quantities of jets are not a threat....

I don't think the R-27 BAF have are fire and forget.

So BAF is at a serious disadvantage.

No matter what platform BAF gets, it NEEDS an active radar BVR AAM to counter SD-10 and likely R-77.

I think Bangladesh need to concentrate on its economy until 2030 and dont need to buy new fighter jet along the period.

Bangladesh then can start replacing all of their fighter with 5 generation fighter starting in 2030 when its economy have been tripled.

KFX/IFX program can be one of the option if this program is successful and can reach its mass production phase in 2026.

lUzlJdx.jpg

I think Bangladesh need to concentrate on its economy until 2030 and dont need to buy new fighter jet along the period.

Bangladesh then can start replacing all of their fighter with 5 generation fighter starting in 2030 when its economy have been tripled.

KFX/IFX program can be one of the option if this program is successful and can reach its mass production phase in 2026.

lUzlJdx.jpg

Disagree about waiting till 2030. It takes time to learn and build capability and a culture.

BAF is already WAYY behind where it needs to be.

I am assuming you need experience with and time working with certain capabilities to be able to effectively employ it in wartime.

Buying the hardware after a certain time doesn't mean much because there is no easy button to press to able to harness all the capabilities that hardware brings to the table in a short period of time.

And to have a sizeable combat aircraft force, your pilots are gonna have to fly, train, and gain experience.

BAF really can't wait till 2030 without a purchase when its two potential adversaries are already way ahead.

And already as is its F-7BG/BGI purchases from 2006-2013 were labeled as "stop gap".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom