What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Sure. Blind fanboy-ism for unproven Chinese tech and "will be/can be/should be" conjectures will solve all our problems. Carry on.
All you are doing is building one strawman over another in regards to J-10s. Pull one straw out and the stack comes crashing down.

Dude,I can say you are a Western fanboy, see where this is leading to?
At least I provided actual evidence of J-10A/C versus Gripen C exercises in Thailand to back up my points.

Now how did you rank in your school cohort, especially at mathematics, will highlight why you are utterly wrong and thinking at such a shallow level?

Dude,I can say you are a Western fanboy, see where this is leading to?
At least I provided actual evidence of J-10A/C versus Gripen C exercises in Thailand to back up my points.

Now how did you rank in your school cohort, especially at mathematics, will highlight why you are utterly wrong and thinking at such a shallow level?

LOL.

You're so funny.

@Al-Ansar makes several good points.

The reality is all of us on here are making massive assumptions and working with limited knowledge.

No need for "friendship price" with China as BD is well able to afford the 40 million US dollar unit cost of J-10CE.
Munitions such as PL-15 missile may come to half that of Western ones.
What posters do not realise is that Chinese electronics has been ahead of Russia for many years and the gap with the West is narrowing all the time.

An advantage that J-10C has over Rafale is that it is canard-delta and optimised for air superiority and with it's 140KN WS-10B engine will reign supreme over Rafale in high altitude manouverability. Even though it may be a little inferior electronically it will have advantage in getting out the first BVR missile shot.

I say buy 2 squadrons of J-10CE and 1 squadron of refurbished F-16 Block 50/52 for the same cost as 1 squadron of brand new Eurofighter Tranche 3 and then BAF has enough for next 5 years before it needs to think about anything else.

I totally agree with the idea of buying J-10C. It's a capable platform, cheap, sanction free against India and can even be produced in BD with Chinese assistance.

For monkeys we need another platform, and the best would be Gripen E. It's cheaper to acquire and operate and very advanced. The only issue will be the American engine and other subsystems. I wonder if we have a large enough order and local manufacturing, would SAAB be interested in installing an European engine?

LOL.

You're so funny.

@Al-Ansar makes several good points.

The reality is all of us on here are making massive assumptions and working with limited knowledge.

Only if your thinking abilities are at that shallow level do they seem like good points.

Again why talk about a subject that requires a high aptitude of mathematical ability when you are probably not very good at the subject yourself?

BD needs to think BIG if it is to achieve BIG.

Luckily the BD government seems to think big and that is what counts.

I totally agree with the idea of buying J-10C. It's a capable platform, cheap, sanction free against India and can even be produced in BD with Chinese assistance.

For monkeys we need another platform, and the best would be Gripen E. It's cheaper to acquire and operate and very advanced. The only issue will be the American engine and other subsystems. I wonder if we have a large enough order and local manufacturing, would SAAB be interested in installing an European engine?

Forget Gripen E as US would sanction it as they want BD to buy US fighters.

Last edited:
Only if your thinking abilities are at that shallow level do they seem like good points.

Again why talk about a subject that requires a high altitude of mathematical ability when you are probably not very good at the subject yourself?

Like I said, it we order a large enough number with local assembly, wouldn't they install Ej-200 for us? Of course it will require a redesign and cost some more, but is it not possible?

Like I said, it we order a large enough number with local assembly, wouldn't they install Ej-200 for us? Of course it will require a redesign and cost some more, but is it not possible?

Gripen E comes to 85 million US dollars per plane.

BD would have to order dozens to have Sweden even think about looking at swapping out the engine as the cost could come to 1 billion US dollars and BD would have to pay at least partially. The Gripen was never designed to work with EJ-2000 engine and apart from airframe modification, it would also need some work on it's flight control software.

BAF probably would struggle to pay for 16 to be honest.
It also needs to pay for 8 AH-64E from USA.

Right now the only 2 planes that look affordable to me are refurbished F-16 Block 50/52s and J-10C. Ex-German Eurofighter Tranche 1 also would be affordable but the running costs would hurt BAF badly.

Last edited:

Again why talk about a subject that requires a high altitude of mathematical ability when you are probably not very good at the subject yourself?

Dude!

You make alot of assumptions and talk in the future tense alot.

Dude!

Dude!

You make alot of assumptions and talk in the future tense alot.

Dude!

To achieve you plan decades ahead.

These procurements cannot be separated at all from where BD sees itself decades down the line.

Some would like BD to become Western puppet and think West will remain ahead of China for decades to come and so BD has no options.

I see BD as becoming a powerful country decades down the line and therefore have no wish for BD to become dependent on any pole - be it West or China.

One thing for sure is that BD government thinks decades down the line and not the short 5 year attention spans that most posters here have - mainly immaturity and lack of knowledge is to blame for this. That is more than enough for me as only what BD government thinks counts.

Gripen E comes to 85 million US dollars per plane.

BD would have to order dozens to have Sweden even think about looking at swapping out the engine as the cost could come to 1 billion US dollars and BD would have to pay at least partially. The Gripen was never designed to work with EJ-2000 engine and apart from airframe modification, it would also need some work on it's flight control software.

BAF probably would struggle to pay for 16 to be honest.
It also needs to pay for 8 AH-64E from USA.

Right now the only 2 planes that look affordable to me are refurbished F-16 Block 50/52s and J-10C. Ex-German Eurofighter Tranche 1 also would be affordable but the running costs would hurt BAF badly.

BD can afford more than 16. I would say BD can afford 5 squadrons of J-10c and Gripen E each. Our leaders are shit and they never ever thought on spending on armed forces.

BD can afford more than 16. I would say BD can afford 5 squadrons of J-10c and Gripen E each. Our leaders are shit and they never ever thought on spending on armed forces.

You are right if BD government was to increase the share of GDP on defence.

Right now it is 1.5% of GDP and it would need to rise to something like 2%.

Problem for BD is that they are finding it hard to raise any more than 12% of revenue from GDP and are not willing to sacrifice other areas like infrastructure spending to pay for this. We can argue on whether they are right on this as there are good arguments both way.

Gripen E would have been an amazing jet that even at 16 planes would suffice to take care of the savages next door, but US veto means it is out of reach for BD. Once BD had paid for the planes, the running costs would be extremely cheap and so probably no more expensive over it's lifetime than say J-10C.

You are right if BD government was to increase the share of GDP on defence.

Right now it is 1.5% of GDP and it would need to rise to something like 2%.

Problem for BD is that they are finding it hard to raise any more than 12% of revenue from GDP and are not willing to sacrifice other areas like infrastructure spending to pay for this. We can argue on whether they are right on this as there are good arguments both way.

Gripen E would have been an amazing jet that even at 16 planes would suffice to take care of the savages next door, but US veto means it is out of reach for BD. Once BD had paid for the planes, the running costs would be extremely cheap and so probably no more expensive over it's lifetime than say J-10C.

Gripen is also less sanction prone at least in the ordnance. Customers are allowed to integrate and use third party munitions and there are already an assortment of ordnance certified from various sources.

Gripen is also less sanction prone at least in the ordnance. Customers are allowed to integrate and use third party munitions and there are already an assortment of ordnance certified from various sources.

Yes once BAF gets Gripen E US can only block sale of new planes.
That amazing GE engine would have lasted as long as the airframe.

Like I say BD thinks BIG.

Look at things like BAC - primary trainer due to fly next year, aeronautical university, 6 next gen frigates to be built in BD etc..

Also think where BD was 200 years ago compared to rest of world, let alone S Asia and you will get an idea of where BD wants to be in the future.
It was no accident that UK feared the re-rise of Bengalis the most in British India.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom